Stuck at "Checking if the site connection is secure"

biostem

1 hour ago, roleki said:

Lmao, no, it was MSP work; I flew down Thursday night, got to work Friday AM, didnt stop until 2 hours before my plane left Sunday night.  Not only restored the entire business, also unboxed, configured and installed a new VoiP system we were scheduled to install the next month anyway. Missed Halloween with my kids, ate vending machine food the whole time, my connecting flight was canceled so I wound up staying in Atlanta without any luggage, got back Monday night. 

My reward: if you get your ticket queue cleaned, you can stay home Tuesday.  

Unless your name is on the letterhead, MSP work is fucking awful.  It's great experience (I guarantee I've unfucked more domains than most domain admins have laid eyes on in their lifetime) but it's soul-crushing work that will leave every orifice prolapsed if you don't find your way out.

Man.  Sucks to be you...

• Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

40 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Man.  Sucks to be you...

Aw, nah.  I mean, it used to suck quite a bit, but I'm in higher ed now, which is the exact opposite of all that crap.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

2 hours ago, roleki said:

Aw, nah.  I mean, it used to suck quite a bit, but I'm in higher ed now, which is the exact opposite of all that crap.

This is why I love consultation gigs.

My in-house stuff is pretty much on autopilot.

So I get "shared out" to clients a lot.

It also helps that I have a whole host of nasty, cheaty tricks to arrive at the ends we need to arrive at...

Hyperstrike.  The IT Munchkin...

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

48 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

This is why I love consultation gigs.

My in-house stuff is pretty much on autopilot.

So I get "shared out" to clients a lot.

It also helps that I have a whole host of nasty, cheaty tricks to arrive at the ends we need to arrive at...

Hyperstrike.  The IT Munchkin...

LMAO, that is EXACTLY how we became an MSP in the first place.  We were a software company that served a VERY specific industry, and had our stuff locked-in sufficient enough that nothing ever went wrong, so they started sending us out on software support calls to evaluate client environments and draw up remediation plans, which led to us contracting out to implement those remediation plans.  

Yadda yadda yadda, within 24 months the three IT guys were responsible for 80% of the revenue in a 25-person company.  And within 5 years, we were sold off to a bunch of hillbillies who raised capital by cornering the market in podunk towns, then using that cash to buy the MSP in the next biggest town, and so on until they got to us.  They ran the place like it was Spacely Sprockets and we were all Jetson; that's the job that I was going to give two weeks notice to, but on the night before that meeting I found out CoH was back so I just quit outright instead.

Sorry for hijacking this fancy Help thread, but obviously, I still need help.

• Like 2

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!