Kallisti Stadium

Marine X

Just curious if anyone has any insight into what the plan was for this. Was it going to remain under construction? Were there events planned upon completion? Concerts? A big red Ball perhaps?

screenshot_221112-04-10-50.thumb.jpg.09856809da014ab28828a1bca4b61593.jpg

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

It connects to that unfinished highway in port oakes.   They have been building it since 2005 and darn it - they will get it done. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

7 hours ago, starro said:

It connects to that unfinished highway in port oakes.   They have been building it since 2005 and darn it - they will get it done. 

Honestly not a record breaking time for a US infrastructure project.  Probably knotted up in environmental review.

29 minutes ago, aethereal said:

Honestly not a record breaking time for a US infrastructure project.  Probably knotted up in environmental review.

GOOD NEWS!  The guys showed up for work at the Port Oakes Highway project ! (Attachment 1)

....still not sure where this highway project is going. (Attachment 2)

2022-11-12 14_39_45-Clipboard.jpg

2022-11-12 14_41_58-Clipboard.jpg

Edited by starro
  • Like 3

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

I'd rather have seen the stadium completed and have missions pertaining to its construction, such as union strikes (Family related), delays due to supplies not making it (pick whatever group would want to stop it ), environmental concerns (DE), etc. Those missions could still exist. I suppose. I just think a completed stadium, or perhaps one that is more completed than the current situation, would be good for RP reasons or other missions, e.g., stop the mad villain scheme to kill lots of people at a game/blackmail. 

Edited by gamingglen

2 hours ago, starro said:

GOOD NEWS!  The guys showed up for work at the Port Oakes Highway project ! (Attachment 1)

....still not sure where this highway project is going. (Attachment 2)

2022-11-12 14_39_45-Clipboard.jpg

2022-11-12 14_41_58-Clipboard.jpg

Dang nabbit I thought that was a shuttle launch platform being built that would take us to the moon base!

• Like 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

8 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Dang nabbit I thought that was a shuttle launch platform being built that would take us to the moon base!

That's what I recall hearing about that too.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

ok so the Moon Base was going to be in Boom Town, but for whatever reasons Council moved in because they are jerks.  I always hoped all these neglected Hazard Zones from launch could get some more TLC.  They are too many wastelands in the city and it does hell on the taxable valuable of these properties.  I still cannot find my old-time share condos in Astoria.

I have often hovered over this spot and thought....this does not look like a moon base.  Clearly those other jerks at Portal Corp are building some system under here to connect to the moon and sadly no rockets any time soon.

boom 2022-11-12 19_14_28-Clipboard.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 5:52 AM, starro said:

ok so the Moon Base was going to be in Boom Town, but for whatever reasons Council moved in because they are jerks.  I always hoped all these neglected Hazard Zones from launch could get some more TLC.  They are too many wastelands in the city and it does hell on the taxable valuable of these properties.  I still cannot find my old-time share condos in Astoria.

I have often hovered over this spot and thought....this does not look like a moon base.  Clearly those other jerks at Portal Corp are building some system under here to connect to the moon and sadly no rockets any time soon.

boom 2022-11-12 19_14_28-Clipboard.jpg

Thought the Moonbase was going to be accessed through Northern Steel ... where the construction is

/e poofgone

54 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

Thought the Moonbase was going to be accessed through Northern Steel ... where the construction is

Popular speculation put it there, though I can't recall if the devs ever confirmed or denied that in any of the lore AMAs. Frankly it always seemed far too small and concise of a location for something as grand as transport to the moon - be it by rocket or by teleporter. Plus Steel Canyon just seems like a weird place to put it in-general as the business/finance sector of the city, especially when something that big could easily be the key aspect of a reclaimed hazard zone or some secondary Vanguard compound.

• Thumbs Up 1

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

3 hours ago, JasperStone said:

There's a badge there, that basically outlines the perpetual construction as someone's pet project.  (It's probably just another apartment complex, or a new office building.)

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

On 11/12/2022 at 2:58 PM, starro said:

....still not sure where this highway project is going.

Perhaps it was intended as a road/bridge to a relatively nearby island?  We've been told that there are other Rogue Islands than the one seen, and that originally the gameplan was to add these as expansion zones.  I'd not be surprised if, in an alternate world, the developers would have finished the road/bridge and opened another island zone.

On 11/13/2022 at 7:52 AM, starro said:

I'd always assumed that, if a moon base ever came to the game and a launch area was added to the game, it would either be its own zone, far afield of any city life, or if built in the city, it would be shuttles, a la Star Trek.  Considering all the retro-engineering work on Rikti technology, I'd find it believable in context.  The last thing you want is a rocket exploding and crashing on the city surrounding the launch pad (not to mention noise ordinances).

2 hours ago, Techwright said:

The last thing you want is a rocket exploding and crashing on the city surrounding the launch pad (not to mention noise ordinances).

In a City filled with walking weapons of mass destruction and which routinely experiences invasions of various walking and flying weapons of mass destruction - a rocket crashing is about the least of their worries.  /s

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

22 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

In a City filled with walking weapons of mass destruction and which routinely experiences invasions of various walking and flying weapons of mass destruction - a rocket crashing is about the least of their worries.  /s

In a city with war walls all over the place, they could easily put up force fields to contain the launch area and probably briefly over parts of the city as an emergency protocol where debris from an exploding rocket might fall.

5 hours ago, Player2 said:

In a city with war walls all over the place, they could easily put up force fields to contain the launch area and probably briefly over parts of the city as an emergency protocol where debris from an exploding rocket might fall.

Well... let's be fair... the power plant at Terra Volta is doubly protected (war walls within the IP war walls) and yet... it's complete chaos in there.  Maybe the second layer of war walls was to keep the villainous elements IN.

• Haha 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

4 hours ago, MistressOhm said:

Well... let's be fair... the power plant at Terra Volta is doubly protected (war walls within the IP war walls) and yet... it's complete chaos in there.  Maybe the second layer of war walls was to keep the villainous elements IN.

I think Terra Volta is a completely different situation.  There you have chaos because people are constantly trying to get in to sabotage or whatever, and we're talking determined groups of like-minded villainous people trying to get into a place that needs constant protection.  I'm talking about random disaster of a rocket explosion that might only once in a while need a brief but focused force field effort to deflect debris away from that section of the city.  It's not like it would be constantly raining debris.

2 hours ago, Player2 said:

It's not like it would be constantly raining debris.

Well... given that this is a game... I'd... not make that assumption! 🙂 

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------