Bugged Pet Window

Daytona Ral

My Ilusion Control/Dark Affinity Controller is having some kind of problem displaying the pet window. It works on my Dark/Dark Dominator and my Illusions/Empathy Controller, but the pet window has disappeared for the Illusion Control/Dark Affinity Controller.

The window had been displaying fine, and then I realized it was gone. It's possible I closed it when I was selling stuff at Mu'Vorkan, when I was closing the AH window and the recipe window and his store window, without really thinking about it, but now I can't seem to get it back. The pet window option in the Team Window is clicked, I've tried logging completely out of the game and logging back in, and the pets were dismissed when I died trying to figure this out while fighting and I resummoned a few at the hospital to check, but still no pet window.

Help? Am I missing something? or is this an actual bug?

Character name is Domine Tenebris

Thanks!

Illusion does not have a pet window by default. It’s always been like that. The only time you will get one is if you spawn an Incarnate pet. The the illusion pet will appear in the incarnate pet control window. And that itself may be a bug.

But illusion pet is behaving properly.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

2 hours ago, Daytona Ral said:

Help?

Try the following command:

/window_show pet

39 minutes ago, Arc-Mage said:

Illusion does not have a pet window by default. It’s always been like that. The only time you will get one is if you spawn an Incarnate pet.

I'm not sure where you are getting this information, but my illusion pets have always shown up as expected in my normal pet window.

Edit: I tested by closing my pet window, and it re-opened as expected with the above command. 

ill_pet_wdw.jpg.e1269efc4310286e44fa27e818ad8aee.jpg

Edited by AboveTheChemist
add confirmation/screenshot
  • Like 1

That's not default. You have to type a slash command to get it.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

I've never typed a slash command for that as far as I recall, and they were showing up fine before this, even when my lores weren't spawned.

If there's a slash command, can you tell me what it is?

Note that they show up in my Ill/Emp troller's pet window w/o any slash commands and without requiring my lores to be spawned.

56 minutes ago, Arc-Mage said:

That's not default. You have to type a slash command to get it.

No, you don't. It certainly can be opened via slash command, but it can also be opened using the 'Pets' button atop the Team window, which is how I've always opened it. It will also automatically open when incarnate pets are spawned, which I assume is what you were getting at above. Regardless, the pet window is the pet window, and there aren't different pet windows for different pets. It's all the same window.

2 minutes ago, Daytona Ral said:

If there's a slash command, can you tell me what it is?

See my prior post in the thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

No, you don't. It certainly can be opened via slash command, but it can also be opened using the 'Pets' button atop the Team window, which is how I've always opened it. It will also automatically open when incarnate pets are spawned, which I assume is what you were getting at above. Regardless, the pet window is the pet window, and there aren't different pet windows for different pets. It's all the same window.

See my prior post in the thread.

I have my Ill Controller pulled up and don't have a "Pets" button above the Team Window. Are you working with the New UI or the Old UI? I have the Old UI.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

There is an option to toggle to make “Pets” appear over the team window. I’m away from my computer and can’t check, but I’d try to look in Options > Windows > Pets and see if you see it there.  This option is not always on by default.

Edited by Honorbridge
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I found it. I happened to come across another ILL/Controller and asked him while I was looking myself. It's under Menu>Options>Windows>Show Pet Window Options

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

12 minutes ago, Arc-Mage said:

I have my Ill Controller pulled up and don't have a "Pets" button above the Team Window. Are you working with the New UI or the Old UI? I have the Old UI.

1 minute ago, Honorbridge said:

There is an option to toggle to make “Pets” appear over the team window. I’m away from my computer and can’t check, but I’d try to look in Options > Windows > Pets and see if you see it there.  This option is not always on by default.

yes, Options >Windows > Pets is exactly where it is.  have the line "show pet window option" set to enabled and then open your team tab and click 'Pets' at the top of the window.

My easiest advice if you still dont see the window after all of that is to load a different character and turn the pet window on and save the window settings at the bottom of the window options page and then go back to the first character and load window settings.

• Like 1

• 1 year later
On 11/12/2022 at 5:35 PM, AboveTheChemist said:

Try the following command:

/window_show pet

I'm not sure where you are getting this information, but my illusion pets have always shown up as expected in my normal pet window.

Edit: I tested by closing my pet window, and it re-opened as expected with the above command. 

ill_pet_wdw.jpg.e1269efc4310286e44fa27e818ad8aee.jpg

ohh man thanks. was missing my pet window too with my ill/dark troller. even if the option "show pet window" was enabled. your command fixed this

3 hours ago, fudoh said:

ohh man thanks. was missing my pet window too with my ill/dark troller. even if the option "show pet window" was enabled. your command fixed this

Even after you enable the pet window option in the Options Menu, you still have to open your team window and at the top, click "Pets" to open the window.  Did you do that?

I've never had the pets window disappear on any of controllers (including Illusion) or other ATs.  But typically, on ANY character, I have to first enable the option in the Option menu (I don't know why this doesn't save from character to character like other settings). Then, "Pets" appears at the top of my team window, and then once I open the pets window from there, it never goes away (unless I accidentally manually close it, at which i can just open Teams window again and re-open the Pets window).

16 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

Even after you enable the pet window option in the Options Menu, you still have to open your team window and at the top, click "Pets" to open the window.  Did you do that?

I've never had the pets window disappear on any of controllers (including Illusion) or other ATs.  But typically, on ANY character, I have to first enable the option in the Option menu (I don't know why this doesn't save from character to character like other settings). Then, "Pets" appears at the top of my team window, and then once I open the pets window from there, it never goes away (unless I accidentally manually close it, at which i can just open Teams window again and re-open the Pets window).

yes, I tried a lot & invested quite some time. I always have the team window open since I'am either looking for a team or am in a team. Whether I i set the option to enbaled or disabled in the settings only had one effect: a small blue dot became visible at the top left of the team window (it was possible to activate/deactivate this dot with a click on it), but the pet window remained "invisible". Entering your command solved the problem 100% and the pet window now remains visible 👍. maybe a strange bug or something */shrug*.

Edited by fudoh

6 hours ago, fudoh said:

yes, I tried a lot & invested quite some time. I always have the team window open since I'am either looking for a team or am in a team. Whether I i set the option to enbaled or disabled in the settings only had one effect: a small blue dot became visible at the top left of the team window (it was possible to activate/deactivate this dot with a click on it), but the pet window remained "invisible". Entering your command solved the problem 100% and the pet window now remains visible 👍. maybe a strange bug or something */shrug*.

That does seem a bug.  The blue should always be permanent on the window as it is what is used to undock the window from your chat window and allow you to move it around your screen.  I do this with my map window... click the blue dot to separate it from my Nav window so that I can keep my map in the lower right corner of my screen for a mini-map that is open all the time.

If enabling/disabling the pets window in your options only affects the blue dot and does not put the word "Pets" by that blue dot (and being a link to open the pets window) - then that is definitely a bug that should be reported. 

But glad you got it resolved!   🙂