Broke right hand

GoldenOldie

I don't think caps lock will work, but something like /bind lshift .... I dont' recall what the command to click on things would be. I want to say "interact," but I think that's just for things like doors and glowies, not tray items, windows, etc.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

4 hours ago, GoldenOldie said:

Using WASD fine and ball on rollerball  fine but can't left click. would like left shift, caps lock or tab to do left click. Any ideas?

you should stop using your right hand so vigorously?

• Haha 2

/interact will, as Greycat mentioned, let you interact with doors and mission objectives. It will also allow you to target whatever is in front of you (immediately in front of you, as if you had clicked on a spot 7ft in front) as well as access NPC and Base Objects.

/bind w "+forward$$interact" should allow you to 'bump access' a lot of features in the game just by walking towards them.

Just be careful with certain doors, like those of Arachnos Fliers. Their interact spot is actually a little forward of where they place you in map, and you'll need to strafe to the side to get around it.

No suggestions but I hope you hand heals quickly!

• Like 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

When I first started playing city of heroes in issue 7, I kept both hands on the keyboard, positioning with arrow keys and using lefty for everything else. Then I played a different game for a bit and came back to CoH and couldn't figure out how I used to play like that without mousing lol.

Godspeed with your recovery. Dont hesitate to ask for help whether in game or in life! 🙂

Edited by DreadShinobi
  • Like 1

Currently on fire.

On 11/12/2022 at 3:46 PM, GoldenOldie said:

Using WASD fine and ball on rollerball  fine but can't left click. would like left shift, caps lock or tab to do left click. Any ideas?

If you go into options/settings under Keymapping I believe you can reassign almost any function to a different key, if I recall this includes the mouse buttons. Yes, Pic below shows the assignments in use.

Keymapping.JPG.f6b234304d650e80df94e6d6750de238.JPG

Edited by Marine X
added pic

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

In all seriousness you can play almost the entire game with just your left hand.  Slight investment.  It will be awkward.

The Razer Tartarus.   Tge round button can be programmed as a toggle for movement.  I use the kicker under that for jump.  The button above the toggle for targeting nearest.  The 20 buttons I program to two trays giving 20 powers or macros executable at one touch.  If you were clever you could probably make it 200 by having one button control a set of trays....   But I find 20 fine.  Course I am mousing right hand..

Image result for razer tartarus

• Thumbs Up 1