Synergies with Earth Control?

Sulhythal

Nature.

Perma Volcanic Gasses + Entangling Aura. Nothing more need be said.

If only there was a Low Visual FX option for some of the skills in Nature. Otherwise, it is a great combination! :)

If this is all you're going for, the lower FX option for this is /radiation.  From all I can tell entangling aura is basically a reskin of choking cloud.  I assume you meant more than just the one power though.

Personally I think pretty much every single power should have a minimal Fx option, so I am with you there.

Im debating between the following builds based on this thread...

earth/dark

earth/storm

earth/nature

What would you recommend for most versatile end game usability.

Ill also be making a plant/storm or plant/nature for whichever powerset i dont use with earth. The earth troller would be more team oriented and the plant troller would be mainly teaming but ability to run my own missions. Im thinking earth/dark or nature and plant/storm would work well. I mainly played melee classes back on live so im trying something different :D

Thoughts?

Earth/Storm is great in a team and late game very powerful solo.  I am still leveling Earth/Dark and fiddling around with Nature, so I can't help you there.

But if you really want a team orientated build.  I'll second (and/or third) Earth/TA.  This is the Ultimate Controller.  EMP and Gases for AOE holds (hell throw in Oil slick and Gases lights it).  Ice Arrow and Fossilize for ST holds.  Quicksand and Glue for slow and -def.  You have enough controls to keep everything in check even if your team pulls way too much to handle.  It's ok because you can keep things in check.  Just don't look to actually kill something fast.  You let those cute little scrappers and blasters do that simple work.  You are not playing a FPS, you are a general in a RTS.  Controlling choke points, doing threat assessment, making sure your allies are progressing through the mob and where the next assault will come.  Anyway it's just something to think about as well.

Controlling choke points, doing threat assessment, making sure your allies are progressing through the mob and where the next assault will come.  Anyway it's just something to think about as well.

This is my favorite  thing to do is threat assessment. My main was a Tanker back in the day. So when I am grouped for normal missions. I know where the 2nd or 3rd group is going to come from. This is great when you have a inexperienced tank or fury drugged brute. That storms in without pulling or picking up second group. So with earth/Dark  I can hold 2 groups and immobalise the 3rd will Emergancey healing. I love this combo and am thinkimg of making it my main into incarnate but I do have a few concerns at top lvl.