Patrol Dump

Rudra

1 hour ago, Akisan said:

(and, @espectro, intentional or not, you're coming off as rather condescending here.  Please be more careful with your tone, insulting people isn't helpful in an honest discussion)

he complained about people being hypocrits. did you say something about that? was that helpful?

dont seem fair to me nuh-uh

14 minutes ago, espectro said:

he complained about people being hypocrits. did you say something about that? was that helpful?

dont seem fair to me nuh-uh

A) He's calling us out as a whole.  We, as a group, have been applying some double standards to what we (dis-)approve of (which is hypocrisy).  Part of that is because there's multiple people, and thus multiple view-points for proposed solutions, but even so... our response to "should something be an option or not" seems to vary (wildly, sometimes), depending on whether we would use said option or not. 

B) His comment did provoke further discussion.  Whether he meant it to or not, it was helpful to the discussion.

C) He's already been responded to (and responded back).  I try not to run circular call-backs and derailments in threads. If I disagreed, or had something new to add to his statement or those replies, I would have.

D) Your comment was targeting him.  Commenting about the group's behavior is very different from singling out a member for their opinion.

A) hes like anyone else here. Hes got as many double standards if not more since he posts here more. potkettle situation

B)you don't decide helpful. he got solutions. i think thats helpful for the discussion maybe not him

C)arbitrary. excuses for tonecop bias

D)yeah i think that's better than throwing shade on everyone when they don't agree with you. Also, your targetting me. So....what the hell?

2 hours ago, Akisan said:

While it would probably be a (somewhat) quick fix, simply a menu option or two (enable/disable patrol xp gain and/or conversion), @GM Crumpet did already state that we're very unlikely to get this, as only a few of us are likely to use this option.  Unfortunate, but it's nice to have confirmation.

You're right. @GM Crumpet did respond and that basically kills any hope for the idea. Even if part of that post ignored the reality of the game. (Having multiple characters.) The only reason I responded to this thread again is because of that part of his post and the followup comments made by others. (Edit: Hearing it from a dev would have been nicer, but oh well. As someone with some coding experience, I can see how this ask would actually not be that difficult given that a sub-routine to do the same thing with regular xp already exists, but oh well.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, espectro said:

A) hes like anyone else here. Hes got as many double standards if not more since he posts here more. potkettle situation

B)you don't decide helpful. he got solutions. i think thats helpful for the discussion maybe not him

C)arbitrary. excuses for tonecop bias

D)yeah i think that's better than throwing shade on everyone when they don't agree with you. Also, your targetting me. So....what the hell?

A) And?  I'd hope that he'd be aware of such a double standard now, and work towards fixing it.  And he may not have more, they just may be more visible since he posts more.

B) You're right, I don't.  My problem wasn't with the solutions that have been offered (most of them anyways, some of the ones in this thread are rather insulting).  I have issues with the tone in which they were offered.

C) You did ask why I responded to your post, and not his. You may not agree with that reason, but it is what it is.

D) He's not calling us out because we don't agree with him, he's calling us out because of how we responded to his suggestion.

E) As for targeting you specifically, it's just bad luck.  You aren't the only one in here belittling him, but you are the most recent.  That, and I seem to be somewhat moody this morning, so, sorry for taking that out on you.  I don't usually get involved in "tonecop" stuff, as I'm not a mod, and it's not my place to do so.  (But still, it's not okay to be condescending towards someone, as it's a clear sign of disrespect)

6 hours ago, Rudra said:

As someone with some coding experience, I can see how this ask would actually not be that difficult given that a sub-routine to do the same thing with regular xp already exists, but oh well.

As some with a lot of QA experience, there's always probably some stuff you're missing when "Oh, it's a simple change".

Just look at the AE XP bug because someone did an add instead of what was expected.

Granted, even using existing code to accomplish something new may not work as intended/desired. I've run into that problem on several occasions. My point was that the reference code does already exist, and having it simplifies the process a little.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct "everal" to "several".