How are we slotting Thunder Strike from /Elec?

twozerofoxtrot

Title.

Looking at CoD it seems like the AoE component is a separate entity from the base power.

How does this affect proc rates, if at all? Are we looking at two differing proc calculations based on the single target power and another based on the created AoE entity?

My first thought was:

-FOTG: Acc/Dam + -Res Proc

-OWF: Acc/Dam + KB>KD/Dam

-Armageddon Fire Damage Proc

And maybe one of the following:

-Power Transfer Heal Proc

-AOTD (ATO) +Dmg Prox/Rch

But without knowing how the proc rates are calculated I'm thinking it might be better to just straight slot it. 🤔 

On 11/14/2022 at 7:58 PM, twozerofoxtrot said:

Are we looking at two differing proc calculations based on the single target power and another based on the created AoE entity?

I believe so, although I can't remember off the top of my head how to do that calculation (@Bopper?)  CoD shows the pet having a 6-second recharge but I'm not sure if that's a factor here.  My guess would be that you get a low proc rate in the AoE.  That along with the low damage of the AoE component, along with the lack of solid AoE anywhere else in the set, is what has always kept me from playing it.

• Like 1

I believe it should be similar to how feral charge works. Which works like:

On 1/10/2022 at 2:36 PM, Bopper said:

Ok, so quick test seems to show the following:

The main target will not proc twice. Since it's an execute power effect, there seems to be code/logic that knows not to repeat proc rolls on a target that's already been checked. However, the main target will use ST formulas while the "splash" targets will use AoE formulas.

The main target will use a ST formula with 10s base recharge and 1.167s cast time. Assuming no slotted recharge, the main target will have a 65.14% chance with a 3.5 ppm proc, and the hecatomb will have a 83.75% chance to proc.

The targets hit by the AoE will use a AoE formula with 10s base recharge, 0s cast time, and 20 foot radius. Assuming no slotted recharge, the "splash" targets will have a 17.95% chance with a 3.5 ppm proc, and the hecatomb will have a 23.08% chance.

The Force Feedback proc will have a 18.6% chance to proc on the main target and 6.5% chance to proc on each of the "splash" targets. If you want to know your chance to proc, it would be:

1 - (1 - 0.186)*(1 - 0.065)^(n-1),

where n is the number of targets hit. For 5 targets (the max), it would be 37.8%

• Thanks 1

I tried Thunder Strike on my Plant/Electricity Assault Dominator for quite some time, but I ended up dropping it completely from the build. From memory, my complaints were:

• I never got the sense that I was ever hitting more than one target with anything like a reliable rate,
  • Whenever I missed the original target, I'm pretty sure I missed all other potential targets, as few in number as they may have been. Who knows how streakbreaker even works for this?
  • I seem to recall the animation being too long for the generally miserable damage output.

I almost certainly had one %damage proc in it, but given my general approach to perma-dom, it is likely I had 5 slots in it but it is unlikely I had a 6th slot in the power. I am positive I had it slotted with a set, i.e. not for %procs. My current build has Hecatomb in Havoc Punch.

I really wanted to have this Dominator be more close-combat oriented, so I feel like I gave the power a fair shake. I had the power from first availability (this was during page 4) past level 50 and the respec into the "final" build.

• Thumbs Up 1