Can't Start Patron Arc

LordRassilon

Using Null the Gull I switched to villain to start patron arc, but now Scirocco won't let me start the arc.  He keeps saying, " You have too many burdens upon you already to take up my tasks as well. Return once you have lightened your load of missions."  My mission list is completely empty; I don't even have return to contact stuff...fully empty list.  I've tried: logging out;  exiting and re-opening the game; selecting and completing a paper mission; starting and quitting an SF; switching alignments to hero and back again.  No matter what I do I get the same error over and over.

3 hours ago, LordRassilon said:

Using Null the Gull I switched to villain to start patron arc, but now Scirocco won't let me start the arc.  He keeps saying, " You have too many burdens upon you already to take up my tasks as well. Return once you have lightened your load of missions."  My mission list is completely empty; I don't even have return to contact stuff...fully empty list.  I've tried: logging out;  exiting and re-opening the game; selecting and completing a paper mission; starting and quitting an SF; switching alignments to hero and back again.  No matter what I do I get the same error over and over.

Did you have a bunch of story arcs open on hero side? There's a limit to how many story arcs you can have open at a time.

Even if the missions arent currently selected,  if you have partially completed story arcs they will count towards the limit (i think its 7) of active story arcs.  Go back to blue side as Wavicle said and scroll through your contacts and make sure they dont have the book icon on their tab.  Finish 1 of your active story arcs and you should be able to start a patron arc.

• 4 weeks later

Zag's right.

You can only have a max of 7 active missions.
When you switch alignments, say from blue to red, your current mission list from blue side is put on hold. they won't show in your mission list, but are considered active especially story arcs (book icon). regular one-off missions can be abandoned, but arcs need to be finished. If you switch alignments again, those arcs will be active again and sometimes reset to the first mission.
And yes, Pillar can circumvent this as it treats the arc as a TF.