How early?

VioLight

OK, vague. 

How early can an Ill/energy Dom (a) perma PA, (b) preferrably without hasten? (And since I'm asking how early I'm also ignoring incarnates.) 

While it doesn't feel like it's AS reliant on PA as Controllers, it's still a cornerstone, I think. 

Full of bright ideas?

Without hasten?

Woof, you're likely going to rely a lot on the ranged attack powers with FF proc slotted, maybe on top of 5pc Decimation. Probably going to want to 4 slot Basilisk's Gaze into your holds as well.

I'm guessing lvl 22, since that's the earliest you can slot Decimation and you'll have enough slots to juggle?

That's just off the top of my head though.

• Like 1

Well you could make a build in mids without hasten to give you an idea. I wouldn't plan on building requiring FF procs, those are an added bonus when they do happen.

Domination lasts 90 seconds, recharges in 200, so you have a 110 second window to cover via global recharge buffs. You'll get that perma way before perma PA as PA lasts 60 seconds and recharges in 240 seconds.

Check this link for info on the recharge formula: https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Recharge

Why are you skipping hasten on an AT that's typically relies on recharge? Without hasten's 70% I don't think you'll be able to get perma PA. You could probably get perma Dom though.

Edited by SeraphimKensai

You probably won't without hasten.

You also don't need to on a dom as they are far less important than on a troller because they function very differently. They aren't much more important that fire imps really in that they just add supplemental damage for a dom. 

A dom with high uptime of PA is a perma dom so the little control they throw out is a drop in the bucket,  but extra damage is always welcome.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Why are you skipping hasten on an AT that's typically relies on recharge?

This is a valid question. My main Dom skips Hasten and has a 5 second window for Permadom before Ageless, down to level 22 (for the reason I noted above).

Why? Ease of driving and just a fun build challenge. Having Dom on Autocast and no Hasten to click lets me focus entirely on battle management. Which, as a Grav/MA Dom, is the best part of playing that character. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 9:00 PM, VioLight said:

OK, vague. 

How early can an Ill/energy Dom (a) perma PA, (b) preferrably without hasten? (And since I'm asking how early I'm also ignoring incarnates.) 

While it doesn't feel like it's AS reliant on PA as Controllers, it's still a cornerstone, I think. 

Without hasten or incarnates? I am pretty confident in saying that this cannot be done without heavy and informed usage of FF procs. I can get you recharging PA in 65 seconds without an FF proc. With FF procs? I'll try....but it isn't necessarily going to be reliable, nor will the build make sense. I don't play illusion or energy assault or even dominators in the 'normal' way. You are also probably going to be knocking enemies everywhere so I assume you want this to be for solo use. 

(OK, no, nevermind I tried for 30 minutes. Even with an attack chain of sniper blast->power burst->power blast->power push its not going to work out, if sniper blast FF doesnt proc everything falls apart and it has about a 30% chance of failing. Just take hasten and add FF procs and call it a win.)

• Haha 1

I don't really recommend it, but you can get a little bit more global recharge by using a SG Base buff. It's more reliable that the FF %recharge proc, but it does expire.

I try to start a PUG session with it active, as I sometimes get to button-mashing such that I don't leave a gap for the auto trigger to fire!

• Like 1