(Bug) Enhancements in Necromancy henchmen upgrades dont work when more than +3 of the henchmen level

TheZag

EDIT: formerly the suggestion Allow Healing Enhancements in Necromancy-Dark Empowerment to improve henchmen Siphon Life

It turned out to be somewhat different than my conclusion from my initial testing.  This post contains the suggestion i made based off that information.  Scroll down to my 3rd post see the actual bug information or click here.

------------------------------------------------

I was gonna post this as a bug but the patch notes actually specify heal enhancements in dark empowerment improve life drain and doesnt mention siphon life so im suggesting a change (although it sure feels like a bug/oversight to me).

The in game description is-

Dark Empowerment will permanently bestow the most powerful and darkest new powers and abilities to all of your Undead Henchman. The Empowered Undead will gain new abilities and powers. The powers gained are unique and dependent upon the type of Undead Henchman that is Empowered, but all Henchmen will gain additional Hit Points, and the power to steal life force from enemies they attack!

And here is the relevant patch note-

Dark Empowerment

• Now accepts Healing sets and enhancements.
  • Lich's Life Drain have been moved to this upgrade, no longer grants Petrifying Gaze to the Lich.
  • Slotting this power with heal enhancements will enhance Life Drain's heal.
  • Dark Empowerment range increased from 30' to 50'.
  • Grants a 15% max HP (half enhanceable) to all henchmen.

Only the Lich uses life drain,  the zombies and grave knights use siphon life.  Adding heal enhancements into the henchmen upgrade power does improve the Lich's life drain but does nothing for the siphon life on the other henchmen.  As the upgrade power that adds the healing ability to all henchmen and accepts heal enhancements,  it feels particularly specific that it improves the Lich life drain but not the others siphon life.  Heal enhancements do improve all their total HP though so its not a total loss for the t1 and t2 henchmen.

Edited by TheZag
no longer a suggestion
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

i ran into some strange behavior and now the heal enhancements are working for siphon life.  seems when i hit lvl 28 or 29 or possibly when zoning into a mission and siphon life is working with the enhancements.  i guess theres a bug somewhere because my original testing i placed enhancements and summoned and buffed and they were healing for 66.  then i dismissed removed the enhancements and resummoned and buffed and they healed for 66.  I repeated the process with 1 and then 2 heal enhancements and they still healed for 66.  now at lvl 29 they are healing for 70 with no enhancements,  96 with a single heal SO, and 122 with 2 heal SOs.  if i find a repeatable way to cause the heal enhancements to quit working on the henchmen,  ill post it.  And for anyone wondering,  yes i wasnt too high level for the enhancements.  i was slotting new ones every time and you cant slot enhancements that arent appropriate level.

i suppose this belongs in bug reports now.

17 hours ago, TheZag said:

I was gonna post this as a bug but the patch notes actually specify heal enhancements in dark empowerment improve life drain and doesnt mention siphon life so im suggesting a change (although it sure feels like a bug/oversight to me).

Dark Empowerment will permanently bestow the most powerful and darkest new powers and abilities to all of your Undead Henchman. The Empowered Undead will gain new abilities and powers. The powers gained are unique and dependent upon the type of Undead Henchman that is Empowered, but all Henchmen will gain additional Hit Points, and the power to steal life force from enemies they attack!

Dark Empowerment

• Lich's Life Drain have been moved to this upgrade, no longer grants Petrifying Gaze to the Lich.

Only the Lich uses life drain,  the zombies and grave knights use siphon life.  Adding heal enhancements into the henchmen upgrade power does improve the Lich's life drain but does nothing for the siphon life on the other henchmen.  As the upgrade power that adds the healing ability to all henchmen and accepts heal enhancements,  it feels particularly specific that it improves the Lich life drain but not the others siphon life.  Heal enhancements do improve all their total HP though so its not a total loss for the t1 and t2 henchmen.

I wasn't even sure if this was the players Life Drain attack.. Which I was hoping it was.

• Developer
21 hours ago, TheZag said:

Dark Empowerment

This is a bit misleading from internal notes, but the upgrade will effect both Siphon Life and Life Drain across all the pets. The Lich specifically got powers moved between the first and second upgrades which lead to Life Drain being focused on more.

If Siphon Life is not improving for a specific pet post-upgrade (remember to unsummon the pet and resummon if you change your slotting) please let me know!

5 hours ago, Player-1 said:

This is a bit misleading from internal notes, but the upgrade will effect both Siphon Life and Life Drain across all the pets. The Lich specifically got powers moved between the first and second upgrades which lead to Life Drain being focused on more.

If Siphon Life is not improving for a specific pet post-upgrade (remember to unsummon the pet and resummon if you change your slotting) please let me know!

As i was testing when i first had the issue, siphon life wasnt being improved for the zombies or grave knights while life drain for the lich was.  i resummoned and rebuffed each time i changed the slotting.  I cant say as to what was going on as now its working without further changes.  I first was wondering whats up when i could have sworn my zombies were healing for 90+ and then i was only seeing 66.  i checked without and with enhancements and it didnt change so i made my initial post.  Then i ran a few more missions with it healing for 66 until i leveled up and it was suddenly healing for 96.

some number salad follows so i have it organized a bit at the bottom.

Im doing another test right now and i am level 31 but havent trained yet.  the zombies are lvl 29 and healing for 75.7 with 2 lvl 33 heal SOs slotted.  With 2 lvl 30 heal SOs slotted they are healing for 128.68.  With 2 lvl 34 heal SOs slotted they are also healing for 75.7.  So i think its pinned down to the enhancements are more than 3 levels higher then the henchmen and they dont get the effect.

I decided to check the resistances from Enchant Undead since it seems the enhancements can outlevel the henchmen and with 2 lvl 34 resist SOs the zombies have 20.25 resist and the grave knights have 27% and the lich has 49.07.  Switching to lvl 30 resist SOs gave the zombies 28.71,  the grave knights 37.8 and the lich 45.9.

Im very confident that the SO enhancements arent giving benefit when they are more than +3 above the henchmen level.  I would expect that for the player character since they cant slot them in the first place but not for the henchmen since they are the players ability and clicking 'upgrade' for all my enhancements is making the henchmen weaker.

player level 31

zombie level 29     - 2 lvl 30 Heal SO - siphon life 128.68

zombie level 29     - 2 lvl 34 Heal SO - siphon life 75.7  (no improvement)

zombie level 29     - 2 lvl 30 Resist SO - resist 28.71

zombie level 29     - 2 lvl 34 Resist SO - resist 20.25  (no improvement)

grave knight lvl 30 - 2 lvl 30 Resist SO - resist 37.8

grave knight lvl 30 - 2 lvl 34 Resist SO - resist 27 (no improvement)

lich level 31            - 2 lvl 30 Resist SO - resist 45.9

lich level 31            - 2 lvl 34 Resist SO - resist 49.07 (increases as expected)

Edited by TheZag
  • Thumbs Up 2

At this point its worth noting that i just exemplared to run the graveyard shift through ouro and the lich lost his increases presumably since he became lvl 29 and the enhancements are 34.

This certainly belongs in bug reports now.  Any chance @GM Impervium could lend a hand ?

It will be worth testing if the other updated MM upgrades have the same issue.  I will give it a shot when i get home later if someone else hasnt beat me to it by then.

Edited by TheZag

• TheZag changed the title to (Bug) Enhancements in Necromancy henchmen upgrades dont work when more than +3 of the henchmen level

Its the same with robotics on the live server and i went to brainstorm where its the same for mercs and ninjas.  They all lose the new benefit of SO enhancements in the upgrade powers when its more than +3 of the henchmen's level.  I expected it to be the case but now its confirmed.

I tried invention origin and attuned/non-attuned sets and they seem to be unaffected by this problem.

• Thumbs Up 1