All new content is no longer solo friendly?

arthurh35353

1 hour ago, flakoff said:

New challenge stuff is good, but I personally think having to have barrier all the time for 4 star stuff is kinda silly. 

You don't need Barrier Destiny for a 4* hard mode, it's mostly overkill.  But most teams will insist that you have and use it.  C'est la vie.  It's starting to become an issue, because some people are starting to think that Barrier Destiny is the be-all end-all Destiny, when in most content I'd much rather see Ageless or Clarion used instead.  I also recently experienced joining a regular +4 kill most ITF and the team leader asked for people to have and use the Barrier Destiny...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/2/2022 at 1:15 PM, arthurh35353 said:

Looks like you agree that all new content should be harder and less accessible. Congrats, you have won the internet and a non-friendly video game.

Yeah, you definitely wouldn't have lasted long in pre-issue 14 CoH.

4 hours ago, Astralock said:

You don't need Barrier Destiny for a 4* hard mode, it's mostly overkill.  But most teams will insist that you have and use it.  C'est la vie.  It's starting to become an issue, because some people are starting to think that Barrier Destiny is the be-all end-all Destiny, when in most content I'd much rather see Ageless or Clarion used instead.  I also recently experienced joining a regular +4 kill most ITF and the team leader asked for people to have and use the Barrier Destiny...

People want Barrier because it's an easy way to guarantee that no one's build is subpar for the content they're attempting. If you want to successfully run a 4 star with any number of pugs, you want at least a handful of Barriers. Not bringing them is trusting pugs to have competent builds, which has never once been a good idea in any online video game ever made.

Edited by Stealthrider

It's an almost-dead MMO for which almost all the content can be played solo. I don't care and it doesn't matter if the hobbyists who make new arcs like to play with people. I got enough to do.

• Thumbs Up 2

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

10 hours ago, Stealthrider said:

Yeah, you definitely wouldn't have lasted long in pre-issue 14 CoH.

People want Barrier because it's an easy way to guarantee that no one's build is subpar for the content they're attempting. If you want to successfully run a 4 star with any number of pugs, you want at least a handful of Barriers. Not bringing them is trusting pugs to have competent builds, which has never once been a good idea in any online video game ever made.

Yes, I'm aware of that line of thinking.  I just disagree with it, because it's both overkill and mostly wasted on a team with decent builds, and it is teaching people to use Barrier Destiny as a crutch in everything.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ermm, not to be a real outsider here.. but, being new back to the game, I read this thinking, hang on...new ARC. - yes please!. - where are the details of this please, if someone can be kind enough to point me to a name, or link or whatever!. - Id like to try this! 🙂

As said sorry to go OT to this!.

As you were...

• Like 2

ex:UNION, - ArtOfWar SG! - Ahh Good times!

1 hour ago, CircularMoon said:

, I read this thinking, hang on...new ARC. - yes please!. - where are the details of this please, if someone can be kind enough to point me to a name, or link or whatever!

(Homecoming Wiki links in Spoilers)

Agent Watkins in Steel Canyon (L20-29):

Doc Buzzsaw on Sharkhead Isle (L30-39):

Homecoming Wiki, it's where you want to be:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Main_Page

🍻

Edit: There is also the new Dr. Aeon Strike Force, Sister Valeria story arc, and the ITF has a new set of "Hard Mode" tweaks that change things up significantly. Valeria can be solo'd by a level 50 working on Incarnate salvage, similarly to Dark Astoria, but it is more difficult.  I'd save Valeria for after DA and a few iPowers built up if I were on a solo path at that point.

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

On 12/4/2022 at 3:02 PM, flakoff said:

New challenge stuff is good, but I personally think having to have barrier all the time for 4 star stuff is kinda silly. 

Well, imo, 4 star is a big waste of time. It's no more difficult than 3, mechanically speaking, but it is a huge stat boost to enemies.

I figure, why waste time running a 4, when a 3 & some iTrials will net you almost the same returns, and is more time effective.

Barrier cycling is kinda case n point. The stat boost are the only "challenge" in HM 4, so folks realized that and cheesed it.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

On 12/4/2022 at 5:55 PM, Astralock said:

It's starting to become an issue, because some people are starting to think that Barrier Destiny is the be-all end-all Destiny, when in most content I'd much rather see Ageless or Clarion used instead.

I'm in this boat too, depending on team composition, I love Ageless Radial for the DDR since a lot of players build for defense anyways and can't really get any DDR. Clarion I take on almost every toon I make that takes powerboost just to take the radial variety and double up the special, especially for things like forcefields, fade, farsight, or debuffs.

58 minutes ago, Seed22 said:

Barrier cycling is kinda case n point. The stat boost are the only "challenge" in HM 4, so folks realized that and cheesed it.

Well it's not really like the whole game at all levels isn't a numbers game.  The AI isn't renowned for being particularly smart.  And truly smart AI is not a simple task to create.  It took literally decades to create a chess AI that could compete with Grandmasters much less beat them.  And comparatively (to CoX) chess is very simple game with precise rules in a very rigid and structured small space.  Making it smarter in a truly significant way is a tall order.  

If seeing a boss when bosses are turned off equates to not solo friendly then the new content has nothing on the maria jenkins arc.  With bosses turned off she sends u into a mission and u get to fight an elite boss.  Then her actual story arc starts and you get sent into mission after mission with an elite boss even though bosses are turned off.  Most of the time the mission giver will warn that a mission is difficult and recommend bringing a team.  If we choose to ignore that and get our *cough cough* handed to us then its our own fault.

Players concerned that the team is only making hard mode now should give them some time.  Hard mode only recently was released and there is hardly any content for it.  There are 2 TF/SF with hard mode and 2 story arcs that arent hard mode but are above average in difficulty.  There are hundreds of other choices that dont fall under the hard mode umbrella.  I would let the team flesh out some more hard mode options before getting concerned that they arent making normal difficulty content.

With how they integrated hard mode into an existing TF the second time around,  its even more possible they could seperate future story arcs into normal and hard versions.  

8 hours ago, CircularMoon said:

Ermm, not to be a real outsider here.. but, being new back to the game, I read this thinking, hang on...new ARC. - yes please!. - where are the details of this please, if someone can be kind enough to point me to a name, or link or whatever!. - Id like to try this! 🙂

As said sorry to go OT to this!.

As you were...

can I also recommend:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Bobby_Curtin

And

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Shauna_Braun

Shauna is fun because of the cut scene for the Avenger badge.

but I’d say the two @InvaderStych suggested are better and - frankly - two of the best in the game (old or now).

• Thanks 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png