Corruptors vs Blasters

Snarky

21 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

I am an original Offender, proselytizing the merits of offensively played Defenders from the beginning. I remember street sweeping Brickstown back in the day, well before Defenders got a 30% solo damage boost. I really wish I still had the screenshot of my original Rad/Elec Defender standing in the middle of a bunch of 5th Column as Thunderous Blast is animating. There was once member of the 5th Column leaning back like he could see what was about to occur. If I have moderated at all from back then, I would still advocate fully using your Defenders powers, which include blasts. 

Truthfully, there is little difference in how I approach playing my Corruptors and Defenders, just a difference in expectations. I am going to buff, I am going to blast. The slight difference is probably one of where I draw my joy from when playing one versus the other--what I am focusing on doing. With the Defender, it is making sure everyone is alive, endurance bars are not critically low, that there is a control free zone for non-melees to operate in, and of course blasting the minds of the bad guys. But doing those things is why I chose Electrical Affinity.  On the Corruptor, Kinetics is a well-regarded buff set. Even so, the need for the buffs interrupts what mama has come to do, which is rain some pain on the bad guys. 😁

that’s a great perspective - if i’m creating a defender i’m doing so for the primary and will focus 70%+ of my efforts on delivering the primary to the team or enemy 

if i was to make a corrupter it would be a focus on damaging, then dishing out the buffs/debuffs

even if the numbers are quite similar  the two ATs put you in a different state of mind

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoonSheep said:

that’s a great perspective - if i’m creating a defender i’m doing so for the primary and will focus 70%+ of my efforts on delivering the primary to the team or enemy 

if i was to make a corrupter it would be a focus on damaging, then dishing out the buffs/debuffs

even if the numbers are quite similar  the two ATs put you in a different state of mind

Actually, with the way Scourge works, your best contribution is to work out of your secondary to begin with, then start finishing off mobs.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 11/20/2022 at 12:24 AM, Snarky said:

I was wondering all day long if the Rad with its inefficient DoT Snipe ( but so cool looking!) was actually better on a Corruptor 

I'm late getting back to this thread.  Blasters get the best version of Rad Blast by far IMO.  Corrs and Defs get the low-recharge versions of the tier 1 and tier 2 blasts, which means they have garbage DPSA.  Since you generally need at least one of them to have a solid attack chain, Rad Blast is pretty low damage on those ATs.  Of course the set isn't helped by slow animations almost everywhere, but that just makes it worse.  I'll only play it on a Blaster.

As for the snipe, why is it inefficient?  That's one of my favorite snipes.  It's so great that it does -def and is also DoT.  If I put an Achilles' Heel -res proc in it, three of the four damage ticks will benefit from the proc when it goes off.  When using the slow snipe the proc fires more often than not, which means I get bonus damage from the snipe as well as subsequent attacks.  Just what I want in an opener.

• Like 1