Blaster's Munitions Mastery is an awful ancillary powerset.

On 6/10/2019 at 2:57 PM, Adeon Hawkwood said:

Surveillance: Ok, this one I'm going to have to disagree with you on. Yes, Melt Armor is AoE, but Surveillance has a much shorter recharge time and a larger resistance debuff. Overall I think it's fine. Blasters don't really need an AoE resistance debuff anyway, they are much more likely to want a single target debuff for taking down bosses. So overall I think Surveillance is fine as it.

I'm actually a huge fan of Surveillance for that reason.  Not AoE, but a better debuff.  The one thing I'm not sure about is whether it breaks stealth.  I can't remember.  I think Stalkers or VEATs got Surveillance as an ancillary option, and because stealth was important to some of their builds, they made it not break stealth when used.  I don't know if the Blaster version is the same or not.  Anyone know?

On 6/21/2019 at 1:06 PM, Adeon Hawkwood said:

So yeah, I'd say that there's room to either increase the damage or reduce the recharge [of LRM Rocket] within the realm of the standard damage formula.

I agree.  The move sounds amazing until you use it and see just how much they overcompensated with the recharge time.  Plus, it's the only snipe move that doesn't have an in-combat version that can't be interrupted but deals less.  But at this point, that's the least of its problems.  Fix the rest, and I'd happily debate a quick form, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Munitions Mastery is pretty good tbh. 

Body Armor is what it is. 
Cryo Freeze Ray can be a proc bomb attack.

Surveillance is awesome.

LRM is fine as a filler nuke if you proc bomb it. 
Skip Sleep.

I have it on at least two of my blasters and enjoy it. 

• 1 year later
On 6/19/2019 at 10:56 PM, Solvernia said:

Not a snipe. So it shouldn't get a fast snipe option.

Ahh, but the original description of the power: "The LRM Rocket is a powerful piece of hardware. It is very accurate and has a very long range. The impressive round can knock down its target. Like most sniper attacks, you must take your time to aim, so this attack can be interrupted. You must be level 47 and have two other Munitions Mastery Powers before selecting this power. " describes it as a "sniper attack"; I believe that it was only with the introduction of the Invention system that it was reclassified as Targeted AoE so that it wouldn't take Sniper sets.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was very confused for a while when some of my alts started showing up with the little padlocks on their costume slots, telling me there was some error with the costumes. Took me forever to figure out that, on those alts, I had selected a power from Munitions Mastery, and I needed to select a rifle to use, despite not choosing a power that needed a rifle.

I would rather see LRM improved. For starters, by not making it a rifle-fired rocket anymore. Let it be a more conventional shoulder-fired missile for devastating damage.

(Edit: Besides, we already have the Warburg rockets for the called in missile strike.)

Edited by Rudra