Circle of Thorns Bosses Badge

Marine X

Have been trying to complete a few Defeats Badges so I went to the Tunnels of the Trolls in the Hollows to work on the CoT Bosses, Troll Bosses and Igneous Bosses Badges. Found no Igneous Bosses but plenty of Troll Ogres and Calibans, and various Mage Bosses. The Trolls all counted properly but the CoT Bosses did not. Not sure why, but the CoT were clearly Bosses ( Madness Mages, etc ) and Identified as such but are giving no credit toward the Badge.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

What is the specific name of the badge that you are going after? I assume it is Soul Binder, but I don't see a badge that is specifically for CoT bosses. The CoT-related defeat badges I see are:

• Coldblooded/Coldhearted - Defeat 100 Circle of Thorns cold demons, including Hordelings, Hellfrosts and Blade Princes
  • Exorcist - Defeat 100 points worth of Incarnate-level Circle of Thorns
  • Soul Binder - Defeat 100 Circle of Thorns mages
  • Weed Whacker - Defeat 50 Circle of Thorns Succubi or Hellfrosts

There's also a CoT-related gladiator badge that is essentially a defeat badge:

• Hordeling Lasher - Defeat 100 Hordelings (Circle of Thorns)

Not Sure just saw it in the list, and they, Mages of a Boss Rank, are not counting toward it.

600886800_CoTBosses.JPG.0c662c9ebd7f9ab07cc2c756c7f3b8ad.JPG

• Thanks 1

Marine X

Aren't those Vill side CoT Bosses? So if you are hunting on Hero side it wont count.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

Based its position in your list, that badge is either Weed Whacker or The Beast Within, and the hint text clearly narrows it to Weed Whacker, which requires 50 Circle of Thorns succubi or hellfrosts.

cot_bosses_badge.thumb.jpg.b547f47fd07e2099f3c394d28b965011.jpg

In this case the hint text could probably use some polish to make it more clear which critters count for the badge.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

For Weed Whacker, your best bet is, if you're not already redside, to wait until you're level 30-40, then go Vigilante, travel to Sharkhead, and skate around the shoreline of the island on the east popping the Hellfrosts that spawn there. Otherwise you're limited to the occasional Hellfrost or Succubus that spawn in missions, and it will take you forever.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I really don't usually do redside on Marine X, other than Exploration Badges, and he's Vet level 119 or so. But for a Badge.... Must have defeated a few Succubi or Hellfrosts during a mission to start it counting up.

15 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

In this case the hint text could probably use some polish to make it more clear which critters count for the badge.

Agreed, guess I'll have to research where or what mission I can find them. Followed @srmalloy's advice and the badge is now complete, thanks for the help.

Edited by Marine X

Marine X