Changes to stealth unnecessary....

WillParkinson

Superspeed should never have granted stealth while you were stationary - the whole point was that you were supposed to be so fast that enemies wouldn't notice you as you sped by them - not as a cheap way of stacking with the old stealth to get total invisibility...

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, biostem said:

Superspeed should never have granted stealth while you were stationary - the whole point was that you were supposed to be so fast that enemies wouldn't notice you as you sped by them - not as a cheap way of stacking with the old stealth to get total invisibility...

I seem to recall reading Flash comics where he would run in place. Usually to do something hinky with his electrons and such to move through objects. So running in place could totally be a thing. 

Either way, anecdotally, when my characters are still, I'm either clicking a glowie and lose stealth anyway, or there's no bad guys around, so it's not really an issue. 

On 11/24/2022 at 7:00 PM, Ukase said:

Um...if you're talking "any stealth" - most of my characters have Super Speed. And unless it's a tank, they ALL get a celerity stealth in sprint. 
I am stealthed with SS on, unless it's near Rikti Drones, Nemesis Snipers & Rularuu Watchers (the big eyeballs). 

So, if they changed that...they failed on my characters. I do lose stealth when I engage in combat - but that's normal and to be expected. Takes about 15 seconds after combat to resume stealth of 65 feet. 

If I understand it correctly SS still provides 35ft stealth.  The difference is it doesn't stack with stealth powers (such as in Hedgefund's post upthread).  In both cases you still get the Threat reduction (as none is provided by Steamy Mist and similar).   It's suppressed for 10 sec (afaik that didn't change either).

Just now, Ukase said:

I seem to recall reading Flash comics where he would run in place. Usually to do something hinky with his electrons and such to move through objects. So running in place could totally be a thing. 

He would vibrate his molecules or something to phase through walls, sure, but that's not stealth, and your character clearly is not running while stationary.

1 minute ago, Ukase said:

Either way, anecdotally, when my characters are still, I'm either clicking a glowie and lose stealth anyway, or there's no bad guys around, so it's not really an issue. 

I'm more referring to you having superspeed on but basically just standing still or walking slowly...

I say tie the stealth into only while you are moving and let it stack which makes sense with the power of speed making you a blur.  Or have the stealth all the time and not let it stack with other stealth effects.  And since we already have the second option and alot of people are unhappy with it,  how do they feel about the first option?

Im aware it used to give stealth all the time and stack with other stealth effects but standing still, with glowy feet, granting stealth because you are so fast made no sense at all.  So from the perspective of movement grants stacking stealth or non stacking stealth at all times,  which would be preferable?

On 11/30/2022 at 12:48 PM, biostem said:

I think a lot of folks would object, but it's a great role-play idea, and I think if it had been like this from the beginning it would have been fine.  If the devs ever do change this, a countdown meter that allows a couple of seconds before stealth in SS stops working would be good, because folks get stuck on weird angles in the game and sometimes stop when they don't mean too.  Having the meter be on-screen, right next to your character, would help folks monitor this.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

I think a lot of folks would object, but it's a great role-play idea, and I think if it had been like this from the beginning it would have been fine.  If the devs ever do change this, a countdown meter that allows a couple of seconds before stealth in SS stops working would be good, because folks get stuck on weird angles in the game and sometimes stop when they don't mean too.  Having the meter be on-screen, right next to your character, would help folks monitor this.

Interesting, but I'd need to see it before passing full judgement on it.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|