A Discussion on the State of Development Regarding Gold Side

Wiseheart

Gold side has received two new contacts with mish’s since shut down. One for Vigilantes and one for Rogues. Both are fun stories too. 

On Live there were more lofty objectives for Gold side. The lack of interest by the player base caused the Devs to shorten some story lines and do away with others entirely. I wouldn’t object to seeing this missing content fully fleshed out if the storylines still exist in some form. 

However, If time and other limitations are a concern, and we all know they are. I would much rather see the Incarnate System finished and new Powers Introduced over new Gold side content.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

6 minutes ago, Arc-Mage said:

Gold side has received two new contacts with mish’s since shut down. One for Vigilantes and one for Rogues. Both are fun stories too. 

Which ones are those?

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

7 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

didnt we fuck up gold side beyond repair in incarnate trials?  I cant imagine the last of the sonic generators lasting long after we basically tore up their capital and took out their number one

Nope. Agreed.

However, there's a lot of room to wiggle the level constraints of the existing pre War zones, and add more story arcs.  And frankly giving First Ward and Night Ward their own Undergounds - which exist in canon because a mission or two sends you there - would boost the side to 50.

• Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

17 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

However, if you want to run this game and have players then it is essential that the players have a say.

I think there are enough of us that are okay with what the DEVs are doing.

They do work on some of the things that we ask for, but I think that those things are focused on the majority of the community.

There really aren't many players that play Praetorians.

Otherwise players won't play here or they may have a lot leave. And that is fine too.

I am not trying to say this to be mean, but, if all the players that only played Praetorians content quit playing, most of the player base wouldn't even notice that they were gone.

All I'm saying is if you ignore the players then the result will probably be negative. 

They aren't ignoring the players. They play the game themselves.

You may have teamed with them and don't even know it.

They just did stuff for the PVP community.

Who knows? You might get lucky.

... but I think there are more PVP players than there are Praetorian only players.

The Villain sides seems to have a hard enough time getting teams going.

How much teaming is going on over on the Praetorian side?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

19 hours ago, Gerswin said:

have said this before in other places, but it really fits here as well. I think that the best way to get people interested in goldside content is to incentivize it. Every week there should be an ouroboros arc that gives 4x merit completion and maybe 2 prisms as reward kinda like the WST.

Sounds like a bonus for people that want to play Gold side or is that just Ouroboros in general?

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

23 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Sounds like a bonus for people that want to play Gold side or is that just Ouroboros in general?

The arcs would be random or selected by devs. Some red, some blue, some gold. Just like the WST but for story arcs- 1 completion bonus per week per toon.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Gerswin said:

The arcs would be random or selected by devs.

I doubt that they would grant 4 times the merits when WST only grant 2 times the merits.

The idea of WST is funneling.

I would say that adding Ouroboros content to the mix would disperse the game population. I think that the WST tends to condense the player base especially when it targets non-endgame content.

What did the devs do better when Gold Side came around?

I think it sets the scene and tells "a story", much better than the regular game, but is that what players want? I'm not sure, but I know I like it. 

What's wrong with gold side? In my opinion it should be levels 30-50, not 1-20. The one thing players want when they come in the game is a few levels so they can get some powers. People want DFBs to jack themselves to level 10 or so. If they're in Praetoria, there's no DFB, so it's a long-ass trawl through missions with little but a Nemesis Wand.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

Gold side was made because players wanted more challenging content. I don't know how far the Live devs were planning on going with Praetoria, but it was developing like how red side did. When CoV was launched, it had a lower level cap than blue side. (Level 40 if I remember correctly.) Praetoria expanded to level 40 with the addition of First Ward and Night Ward, which gold side content made no effort of informing gold side players about, instead continuing to funnel them into the blue/red transition mission.

And because gold side was effectively all challenge zones/content, players leveled faster playing through gold content than they did red or blue content. Which was a huge complaint from those playing gold side, and still is. (So basically, players got what they asked for and were not happy about it.) Not to mention the overwhelming ambushes in multiple missions since gold side ambushes in those missions spawned without the clear requirements of red/blue side ambushes.

(And PCs got more than just a Nemesis Staff. Just like blue and red side, if they had unlocked the veteran rewards, they got the same 3 of 4 choices between Nemesis Staff, Black Wand, Sands of Mu, and Ghost Slaying Axe. As well as their origin power like Throwing Knives.)