Increase Full Auto Target Cap to 16

PoptartsNinja

I wouldn't mind the cone to be a bit wider.. 

I don't know about anyone else, I notice sometimes I only hit the front mob and no one else. It is like I am not hitting everything within the cone. 
Also notice when you hover and shoot down this happens or is noticeable a bit more.  

On 12/3/2022 at 10:25 AM, srmalloy said:

the only AoE immobs Blasters get are in the patron pools

False-to-fact. Vines from /plant is a cone immob, so this statement is nothing less than a sweeping generalization.

(Most blasters do have a T1 immob. Exceptions to power and slot layouts always exist, and they're a good thing. Hopefully, this taste of your own medicine has taught you that some generalizations are acceptable in set discussion, because if we're going to have to account for every little exception, we'll be here all day.)

The truth is that if you really want to keep stuff in the burn patch, there are plenty of ways of doing so, and not all of them even involve aoe immobs. Glue arrow from /TA for example is nearly as good as an aoe immob. I mentioned others in my post, which you evidently have only selectively read.

I'm not even sure why you're bringing up aoe immobs and shifting the goalposts, as the context of my post is to demonstrate how correct use of Ignite is needed to produce high ST damage, so we are comparing its ST damage to the ST damage of other sets. If Ignite catches even 1 extra mob in the patch it will be ahead of other sets in ST damage. That's a point in AR's favor, not one against it.

You're just nitpicking to distract from how I've demonstrated that AR is, when built and played competently, in no need of buffs; it's basically the only way you can attack my credibility, since you've failed to attack my argument. However, doing so is not going to improve the performance of your AR blaster. If you're willing to learn and understand how to play it, it's a highly powerful and effective set, even by the metrics of those who disparage it. It simply comes in a different package than people are used to - and that's an asset, not a problem.

Edited by Zect
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zect said:

False-to-fact. Vines from /plant is a cone immob, so this statement is nothing less than a sweeping generalization.

Look at the power icon; Vines is a hold, which I referenced as an alternative to immobilize. The power description cites the hold as the primary effect, the immobilize is secondary: "Creates a field of Strangler Vines that can Hold multiple foes at range. The affected targets are held helpless by the massive root-like vines. Some are likely to free their arms and attack, but will still be unable to move."