I want to like Super Strength...

Psyonico

• 4 weeks later

I am not very much into the numbers game, but all I can say is that my Shield/SS Tank just hits like a truck and is nigh untouchable and that I totally love the guy. I use Rage and hardly notice the crash at all. But then again, I don't care watching my numbers all the time. All I can say is that things die around him fast enough and I don't get clobbered myself. 

And nobody has yet mentioned all the Knock Up that can be generated with this combo! I love Knock up! Knock Up Good! But More Knock Up More Good!

Did I mention the general goodness of Knock Up?

• Like 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 12/5/2022 at 4:03 AM, Sir Myshkin said:

Thing about Super Strength is that it is one of the worst choices as a set (when you exclude Rage), and with Rage, it is still predominately a bad set that is aggressively covered up by the fact that Rage makes up for a lot of the damage by hiding it beneath an oppressive amount of benefit.

i quite agree with this - i’ve tried to love SS over the years but find it mostly uninspiring. rage is it’s party trick that carries the set, as soon as you play with a kin you start looking round at other sets

SS “feels” good though and rage at such a low level makes a big difference, can rode that feel good wave for quite a while

4 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

i quite agree with this - i’ve tried to love SS over the years but find it mostly uninspiring. rage is it’s party trick that carries the set, as soon as you play with a kin you start looking round at other sets

Yeah, I've been struggling with it as well.  One issue it has on Tankers is that Foot Stomp isn't as unique.  Thanks to Gauntlet's radius buff (and the fact Foot Stomp is excluded from it), several other sets get a 15ft radius PBAoE as well AND have better overall AoE.

But I figure I'll finish it off some day.  Rad/SS seems a good choice since it adds two proc bombs that aren't affected by the rage crash.  Not to mention it needs to be built to survive being defense debuffed anyway since that happens all the time to RadA.

• Like 1