Beginner ATs and Power Sets?

Breidr

TL:DR in Bold at Bottom 

I played this game from 2007-2012ish and I remember it fondly as one of my favorite games. I could never stick with the other games my friends were playing. WoW wasn't "bad," but I was I wanted to do more group content, and outside of dungeons, never happened, and I never really wanted to level. 

I loved the design of CoH. Grouping happen a lot more. Doors removed some of the dull over world questing. Was it perfect, no.  Was it more fun for me, yes. 

I was actually drawn into the game because a friend of my Dad played it with his family. Dad said they were like the Incredibles.

We grabbed the games made our duo, and we were off. Neither of us knew anything about builds, but we had a blast together. I was a Scrapper, he was a blaster. 

I'm glad to see it's. back, but just like then, I have no idea what I'm doing. I want to make a few toons and just chill out and do arcs, without dragging others down. In the past that was */Willpower, with no idea how to slot anything. 

I'm trying to convince some friends (and my dad again) to come back with me. 

With all that said, what are some good starting points for someone who has never really been able to come to grips with building characters in MMOs, like, ever?  I'm really clueless when it comes to that. Probably because my brain is broken, and I mean that.

Bonus points if the build reduces key binds and is forgiving when it comes to slow reflexes.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Scrappers are great for beginners. With the exception of /Regen most secondaries are fairly forgiving.  Really any primary will do.

Sentinels are not particularly strong, but they are also beginner friendly.  /Regen on sentinels is actually a decent set.

• Like 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

Not a 'beginner' but no matter how badly I've incapacitated myself, I can still drive my Claws/WP Scrapper in a productive manner.   I imagine the simplicity and survivability would translate to a clear-minded sort who is just figuring out what's going on around them.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

I'd throw in stalkers as well for consideration, because the whole "walking around without being seen" thing is pretty helpful at the beginning.  Stalker was the first AT I really "got" when I was starting this game.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

IMO, the aspect of the game that has made it VERY newbie friendly is the P2W (formerly 'veteran rewards') Attacks and Travel powers, and to a limited extent the buffs that low-level players can enjoy (including inherent Fitness pool). Simply having more things to click on in your power tray is a HUGE quality-of-life improvement compared to the early days of the game (on Live) that had players waiting around to interact with the world because they had no power to use (and no Endurance to do so).

It may not be obvious to the new player that these exist, but grabbing some extra attacks and a travel power makes a big difference for low-level characters. By level 16, each of the ATs (maybe not HEATs or VEATs) will have started to feel like its AT, at lower levels most of the classes feel the same (to me anyway).

Let me stop you right there.

There are no "beginner" and non-beginner ATs and power sets. You can learn the game depending on what floats your goat. If you're attracted to Brutes, go with a Brute. Controllers more your style, roll one and learn how to control your enemies. Fight at range or melee or both.

I think what makes the melee types more attractive is that they're simpler. Just toss on a tonne of armour and button mash your attacks. Of course, the more you learn, the more complex it becomes which isn't a bad thing, rather it opens up new stuff for you. I personally learned the game through a Sentinel (ranged + armour). The only reason behind that is I mostly play solo and I didn't like dying too often. But after learning the basics (which includes everything else from AE content to getting rich off the AH), I still had to learn each AT for what they were. Brutes play differently than Stalkers, Blasters from Dominators, even Defenders differ from Corruptors. Someone wiser did warn me about HEATs (Peacebringers and Warshades) and VEATs (Soldiers and Widows) on how it would be better to have a good grasp of the game before trying them out, they're just as different as other ATs with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Now to get to what's really important: your costume. 😃

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/5/2022 at 4:08 AM, Breidr said:

With all that said, what are some good starting points for someone who has never really been able to come to grips with building characters in MMOs, like, ever?  I'm really clueless when it comes to that. Probably because my brain is broken, and I mean that.

Take your time to go through the tutorial.

Don't run DFB.

Don't use x2 XP.

Go to the contacts in City Hall and run the Origin arc missions.

If you need some loot contact Yomo,

You can play to level 50 with only SO's. You don't need to use IO set enhancements or IO's.

I put 2 accuracy in any power that takes accuracy enhancements.

I put 1 endurance reducer in any power that is going to be constantly toggled on.

I put 1 endurance reducer in any power that cost more than 10 END.

I add a slot to powers that take accuracy as soon as possible.

I try to put a second slot in toggle Resistance and/or defense powers as soon as possible.

By level 10 I try to put an additional slot in Stamina.

By level 15 I try to put another slot in Stamina as able.

I don't put more than 2 resistance and/or 2 defense in powers that take them until after level 35.

The third slot on attack power depends on how much damage it does. Low damage powers get a slot for the powers SFX (-def, slow, etc.). High damage powers get damage enhances.

If you have group heal powers, start with one heal, and then go with a endurance reducer if the power cost more than 10 END. Individual heals put in a recharge before the 2nd heal.

Always get powers that help mitigate stun, holds, etc. Generally, the melee powers that cover this can be made pretty constant by slotting 2 recharge reductions. I usually set these on autofire. But, even on autofire, you have to pause clicking powers to let it active when it recharges.

If you run the Origin arcs they aren't going to take you so far that you need travel powers early.

Take your time and fight street crime.

Keep your reputation on flat to begin with.

Raise up the difficulty level as you feel comfortable with your powers against enemies. Don't feel bad about turning the difficulty down and resetting a mission if you are having problems with it.

All enemy groups have a weakness. Watch their behavior.

Just take your time and enjoy being a superhero.

I know task forces are fun, but, at this point, I would suggest avoiding them for a while until you get a grip on the game or have enough friends to run them without others.

There is a huge tendency to speed-run, bulldoze, and/or bull-in-the-china-shop content.

Sure that can be fun, but it will rush leveling and take away from your learning curve getting used to new powers.

I use a Logitech F310 controller (it is designed like a Playstation 2 controller) to play City of Heroes. If you or your friends are used to playing console games, you might want to look into controller use versus keyboard playing the game.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

9 hours ago, Six-Six said:

There are no "beginner" and non-beginner ATs and power sets. You can learn the game depending on what floats your goat. If you're attracted to Brutes, go with a Brute. Controllers more your style, roll one and learn how to control your enemies. Fight at range or melee or both.

THIS. I started with Masterminds back when CoV was a separate system. Never would have stayed were it not for this AT. Now, I adore everything. There’s something to be said for playing what interests the particular player.

With Homecoming, I got my eldest child to play, suggesting something straightforward out of the box. Nope! She made at least 90 different concepts, playing to level 4 at most. Only a VEAT has kept her attention. Kids…

• Like 2

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I find sentinels to be pretty forgiving and fairly straightforward.  They've been updated recently, though, so some of the old advice threads are no longer pertinent.  However, these updates also include some nice improvements, so that helps.  
One of the best things about this game is that you only really need a few basics under your belt to make a playable character.  There's a whole bunch of other bells and whistles you can add on once you get comfortable, but it's not too hard to grasp right out of the box.
I'd also like to second what others have said: go through the tutorial and the beginning arcs (especially the intro arcs from Twinshot or Dr. Graves) maybe a couple times to get the info down.  Also, if you get stuck, there's a homecoming wiki for reference (although it can be a bit overwhelming just how much stuff is on there when you first look at it): https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Main_Page

That being said, 

WELCOME BACK!! 😄 

Edited by Shocktacular

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

Recommending the Longbow Wardens

The ones in bold are a good bet. They're forgiving on the reflexes.

EnB/EnM Blaster
Ice/Fire Blaster
Grav/Kin Controller

Ill/FF Controller

Mind/Emp Controller

Emp/Psy Defender

Rad/Rad Defender

Sonic/Sonic Defender
Storm/Elec Defender
MA/SR Scrapper
Spines/Regen Scrapper
EnM/Invul Tanker
SS/Invul Tanker

• Confused 1

On 12/5/2022 at 4:08 AM, Breidr said:

Are you looking for general advice or a specific build?  I mean, if you're look for something pretty simple to play and that's quite effective, I really like radiation armor paired with savage melee.  There are really only a few things to keep in mind with this combo, as it is quite easy to play:

1. Savage melee provides a special stacking buff called "blood frenzy".  This buff stacks up to 5 times, and grants both a recharge time and an endurance cost discount.  Some powers use up these stacks for added effects, but you actually DON'T want to do this, so just avoid using any powers that get a red circle around them, until you lose a stack of blood frenzy, then the red circle goes away, and you can use them like normal.  Only like 3 powers have this added effect, so it's no big loss to wait a few seconds for 1 stack to go away, or just use another power.

2. Radiation armor has a special click power called "particle shielding".  Not only does this provide a layer of extra hitpoints or "absorb", but it also provides a significant recovery buff.  It can nearly be made permanent with 3 recharge single-origin or better enhancements, but coupled with the above mentioned bonus from blood frenzy, it definitely can.  You'll pretty much never run out of endurance this way, so can keep fighting at full-tilt forever.

3. Radiation armor also has a power called "beta decay".  Not only does this lessen an enemy's defense, but it makes it harder for them to hit you, makes them want to keep trying to hit you, and provides an additional recharge reduction buff on top of the aforementioned ones.  And keep in mind that these buffs are global, so all your powers will benefit from them!

4. There's a pretty unique power in radiation armor called ground zero.  What's cool about this power is that it damages enemies near you, but also heals any friends/allies within its range.  Great for aiding your teammates!

5. Finally savage melee's "tier 9" power, "savage leap", allows you to quickly close the distance to an enemy, and deal some AoE damage at the same time.  It generates several stacks of blood frenzy as well.

Other thoughts on this combo:  Radiation armor also has "radiation therapy", which is your typical self heal, but it also generates some endurance for each nearby enemy it hits and deals some damage.  I generally use this power for its emergency healing ability, but you can use it for damage or the endurance, but it doesn't excel at either.  Like many armor sets, radiation armor has "meltdown", which is its ultimate ability, granting a significant boost to damage, damage resistance, and endurance recovery, but after a couple minutes it "crashes", leaving you in a weakened state.  I tend to avoid such powers, but it can be good in a pinch.  I'm also not a huge fan of maiming strike or hemorrhage from savage melee, as I find them less useful overall, and would rather put those power picks toward something like boxing and tough from the fighting pool.

Hope that's of some help.  Best of luck to you!

Edited by biostem

On 12/5/2022 at 1:08 AM, Breidr said:

TL:DR in Bold at Bottom 

I played this game from 2007-2012ish and I remember it fondly as one of my favorite games. I could never stick with the other games my friends were playing. WoW wasn't "bad," but I was I wanted to do more group content, and outside of dungeons, never happened, and I never really wanted to level. 

I loved the design of CoH. Grouping happen a lot more. Doors removed some of the dull over world questing. Was it perfect, no.  Was it more fun for me, yes. 

I was actually drawn into the game because a friend of my Dad played it with his family. Dad said they were like the Incredibles.

We grabbed the games made our duo, and we were off. Neither of us knew anything about builds, but we had a blast together. I was a Scrapper, he was a blaster. 

I'm glad to see it's. back, but just like then, I have no idea what I'm doing. I want to make a few toons and just chill out and do arcs, without dragging others down. In the past that was */Willpower, with no idea how to slot anything. 

I'm trying to convince some friends (and my dad again) to come back with me. 

Bonus points if the build reduces key binds and is forgiving when it comes to slow reflexes.

So, I'll make a lil list for you on what i think is the most beginer friendly and low maitance to an intermediate level of those things, because I was where you were like, just over a year ago.

Class and Combos for "Help I'm baby and allergic to math" people (me)

• Sentinel (primaries)

Since they're recent rework, sentinels are now, to my mind, the easiet class to figure out and play for any newcomer to both Homecoming and MMOs like it in general. They don't have very complicated mechanics, theyre tanky enough to enjoy solo play without foregoing team benefits, theyre a ranged character so very few enemies will prove to be obstacles and they're very easy to roleplay and flavor to whatever themes you'd like. I will outline what I feel to be the e

• Radiation Blast

I feel this is the most beginner friendly primary any ranged class has to offer as it can teach you a lot about the various mechanics of the game without you having to "learn" them. It's just a useful primary set that employs a consistent and valuable debuff to enemies it hits and does so without any weird gimics. You press your attack button, you shoot a laser beam, and from now that guy is easier to hit for you and everyone else.

• Fire Blast

Much like Rad, Fire is easier than cereal. Hit the button, fire come out. Fire hurts. Fire KEEPS hurting. Click button. Fire hurts. Click button until nothing click to click button on. 

• Beam Rifle

Beam Rifle is, to my mind, the best ranged set Sentinels have to offer. It's gimmick is called "Disintergrate" and what it does it applies a DoT (damage over time) to targets, which can occasionally 'spread' to nearby enemies. The Disintergrate power automatically applies it, so you don't need to worry about it too much. If you DELIBERATELY manage it, you'll see a significant boost to your DPS, but, it's something that happens so naturally you can legitimately roll your face across your keyboard and it'll work out just fine. 

• Sonic Blast

Sonic Blast isn't great. Recent changes to how Sonic Blast functions had made it more or less a waste of time, due to its benefits being marginal, compared to its downsides.

But, as far as blast sets go, it's a good entry point for status effects, and positioning. It has knocks, a sleep, a couple of stuns, and plenty of cones. While the set overall is pretty weak IMO, if a person is looking to learn other mechanics, or seeking MORE from a set besides "click button, deal damage", this is for them.

• Sentinel (secondaries)

Most armor sets in the game (see, all but Regeneration) are at least somewhat based on toggle powers, so, while each set has a LOT of powers, theyre powers you only have to clikc ONCE and stay on until something happens to turn them off. So while there's no way around that, there's some that are easier to handle than others.

• Invulnerability

Who'da thunk a set that shipped with the game way back in the stoneage could and would be super easy to use (and effective). Like all armor sets, Invul has lots of toggle powers. But, that's ok, because once you turn them on only a handful of things turn them off! And, Invul has a lot of passives, so you don't even need to worry about that too much. It's a resist set, so you may need healing, but that's ok because you HAVE the ability to heal yourself! Just drop your toggles on one bar, your actives on another, and you'll be fine.

• Super Reflexes

This is an even simpler set than Invul in many ways. It's a defense set, so instead of REDUCING the damage you take, you instead just DONT take damage. The reason why SR is rough is because if you DO take damage, it HURTS, and unlike Invuln you can't just heal yourself up. It's ok though. You'll be fine. You'll reach a point where it's basically a coinflip if you're gonna get hit or not, and you can take those odds! You're lucky, you gambler, you!

• Energy Aura

Energy Aura, to my mind, is the best Sentinel secondary. It's got resistences, it's got Defense, it's got a heal, it's got an End heal, it's got a perma boost to your max HP! It's got it allllll baby, in such a sexy package too. It's hard not to love, but, it has more words and numbers than some of its siblings? So maybe not the best for newcombers who don't really get the IDEA of how MMORPGS really work (as in, like, "I play call of duty and only call of duty, what the FUCK is a "def" and why doesnt it come in Tiger camo?" kinds of people).

• Bio Armor

Bio armor is really strong. Bio armor does it all. Bio armor is not beginer friendly, and it is NOT user friendly. It is one of the more active sets, especially on sentinel. But, it's very strong once it's built. If you or someone you know LIKES building characters, dangle bio armor over their head like "this could be allllll yours once you learn what all these silly words meeeean~" and there you go.

Next up...

• Tankers

Tankers are the quintessential class for new players. There's a reason why the guy on the box is a tanker. There's a reason why most people have a tanker. There's a reason why most of the community leader's main toon is a tanker. Tankers are the main character class. You hit guys, and if they hit you back they either dont hit you, or, they dont hit you hard enough for you to care. Their only real downside is a lack of damage, but on teams this small limitation is mitigated entirely (even on a team of all tankers). The ONLY reason I say they arent as beginner friendly as Sentinels is that they are a melee class. They VERY rarely get any meaningful ranged powers unless they dip into power pools, tertiaries, or patron pools and half those dont come around for a while.

• Tanker (secondaries)

Ranking Tanker primaries is hard, since they're so many and honestly, most of them are good. Some are really good. Let's talk about those...

• Titan Weapons

Some people might not say TW is beginner friendly. It has the "momentum" mechanic, which IS a mechanic that means that could, if you so chose, enable you to fall into a rythmic attack pattern. Or, you could do what all TW users do (especially me) and just mash your face on the numpad until everything around you is dead. Here's an instructional video.

I rest my case.

• Energy Melee

A very straightforward set with absurd damage potential. That's it.

• Stone Melee and Super Strength

You're strong. But like, REALLY strong? Strong enough to rip a rock out of the ground and throw it at an airplane, making it one of the few tanker sets that gets a ranged attack that's worth using... But it's NOT super strength. It's super strength, but better! But, ya know, if you DONT like the rocks, you can also use super strength. Theyre both very simple and fairly comparable.

• Street Justice

Stree Justice is really good. It's stylish, and it plays into Tankers having bigger AoEs than the other melee classes, since you get a couple of those things that're really nice, and get nice the more your combo meter goes up. Problem with this is that you have this combo meter thing? That's more work than just face rolling more my tastes, so, take it with a grain of salt.

• Tanker (primaries)

I totally forgot tanker primaries are armors! So, i had to put it second. My brain is soft and smooth, like peanut butter.

• Invuln

It's like Sentinels, but better!

• Super Reflexes

• Shield Defense

Finally not a repeat! Shield Defense is really easy. It's a lot of toggles, which makes it pretty end hungry? But that's ok, you get a shield! That's 100% more style than any armor set that DOESNT get a shield. If the charge power is too intimidating, that's ok! You don't need it to be unstobable.

• Stone Armor

It's stone armor. I'm pretty sure this is SO good it is THE go-to AFK farm set. It's pretty straight forward too, with the only downside being that you can't fly while it's on.

That's ok. You're god now. God doesnt need to fly. What're they gonna do? Kill you? Pfft. Phat chance.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Resident certified baby

On 12/15/2022 at 11:05 PM, Redletter said:

So, I'll make a lil list for you on what i think is the most beginer friendly and low maitance to an intermediate level of those things, because I was where you were like, just over a year ago.

Class and Combos for "Help I'm baby and allergic to math" people (me)

• Sentinel (primaries)

Since they're recent rework, sentinels are now, to my mind, the easiet class to figure out and play for any newcomer to both Homecoming and MMOs like it in general. They don't have very complicated mechanics, theyre tanky enough to enjoy solo play without foregoing team benefits, theyre a ranged character so very few enemies will prove to be obstacles and they're very easy to roleplay and flavor to whatever themes you'd like. I will outline what I feel to be the e

• Radiation Blast

I feel this is the most beginner friendly primary any ranged class has to offer as it can teach you a lot about the various mechanics of the game without you having to "learn" them. It's just a useful primary set that employs a consistent and valuable debuff to enemies it hits and does so without any weird gimics. You press your attack button, you shoot a laser beam, and from now that guy is easier to hit for you and everyone else.

• Fire Blast

Much like Rad, Fire is easier than cereal. Hit the button, fire come out. Fire hurts. Fire KEEPS hurting. Click button. Fire hurts. Click button until nothing click to click button on. 

• Beam Rifle

Beam Rifle is, to my mind, the best ranged set Sentinels have to offer. It's gimmick is called "Disintergrate" and what it does it applies a DoT (damage over time) to targets, which can occasionally 'spread' to nearby enemies. The Disintergrate power automatically applies it, so you don't need to worry about it too much. If you DELIBERATELY manage it, you'll see a significant boost to your DPS, but, it's something that happens so naturally you can legitimately roll your face across your keyboard and it'll work out just fine. 

• Sonic Blast

Sonic Blast isn't great. Recent changes to how Sonic Blast functions had made it more or less a waste of time, due to its benefits being marginal, compared to its downsides.

But, as far as blast sets go, it's a good entry point for status effects, and positioning. It has knocks, a sleep, a couple of stuns, and plenty of cones. While the set overall is pretty weak IMO, if a person is looking to learn other mechanics, or seeking MORE from a set besides "click button, deal damage", this is for them.

• Sentinel (secondaries)

Most armor sets in the game (see, all but Regeneration) are at least somewhat based on toggle powers, so, while each set has a LOT of powers, theyre powers you only have to clikc ONCE and stay on until something happens to turn them off. So while there's no way around that, there's some that are easier to handle than others.

• Invulnerability

Who'da thunk a set that shipped with the game way back in the stoneage could and would be super easy to use (and effective). Like all armor sets, Invul has lots of toggle powers. But, that's ok, because once you turn them on only a handful of things turn them off! And, Invul has a lot of passives, so you don't even need to worry about that too much. It's a resist set, so you may need healing, but that's ok because you HAVE the ability to heal yourself! Just drop your toggles on one bar, your actives on another, and you'll be fine.

• Super Reflexes

This is an even simpler set than Invul in many ways. It's a defense set, so instead of REDUCING the damage you take, you instead just DONT take damage. The reason why SR is rough is because if you DO take damage, it HURTS, and unlike Invuln you can't just heal yourself up. It's ok though. You'll be fine. You'll reach a point where it's basically a coinflip if you're gonna get hit or not, and you can take those odds! You're lucky, you gambler, you!

• Energy Aura

Energy Aura, to my mind, is the best Sentinel secondary. It's got resistences, it's got Defense, it's got a heal, it's got an End heal, it's got a perma boost to your max HP! It's got it allllll baby, in such a sexy package too. It's hard not to love, but, it has more words and numbers than some of its siblings? So maybe not the best for newcombers who don't really get the IDEA of how MMORPGS really work (as in, like, "I play call of duty and only call of duty, what the FUCK is a "def" and why doesnt it come in Tiger camo?" kinds of people).

• Bio Armor

Bio armor is really strong. Bio armor does it all. Bio armor is not beginer friendly, and it is NOT user friendly. It is one of the more active sets, especially on sentinel. But, it's very strong once it's built. If you or someone you know LIKES building characters, dangle bio armor over their head like "this could be allllll yours once you learn what all these silly words meeeean~" and there you go.

Next up...

• Tankers

Tankers are the quintessential class for new players. There's a reason why the guy on the box is a tanker. There's a reason why most people have a tanker. There's a reason why most of the community leader's main toon is a tanker. Tankers are the main character class. You hit guys, and if they hit you back they either dont hit you, or, they dont hit you hard enough for you to care. Their only real downside is a lack of damage, but on teams this small limitation is mitigated entirely (even on a team of all tankers). The ONLY reason I say they arent as beginner friendly as Sentinels is that they are a melee class. They VERY rarely get any meaningful ranged powers unless they dip into power pools, tertiaries, or patron pools and half those dont come around for a while.

• Tanker (secondaries)

Ranking Tanker primaries is hard, since they're so many and honestly, most of them are good. Some are really good. Let's talk about those...

• Titan Weapons

Some people might not say TW is beginner friendly. It has the "momentum" mechanic, which IS a mechanic that means that could, if you so chose, enable you to fall into a rythmic attack pattern. Or, you could do what all TW users do (especially me) and just mash your face on the numpad until everything around you is dead. Here's an instructional video.

I rest my case.

• Energy Melee

A very straightforward set with absurd damage potential. That's it.

• Stone Melee and Super Strength

You're strong. But like, REALLY strong? Strong enough to rip a rock out of the ground and throw it at an airplane, making it one of the few tanker sets that gets a ranged attack that's worth using... But it's NOT super strength. It's super strength, but better! But, ya know, if you DONT like the rocks, you can also use super strength. Theyre both very simple and fairly comparable.

• Street Justice

Stree Justice is really good. It's stylish, and it plays into Tankers having bigger AoEs than the other melee classes, since you get a couple of those things that're really nice, and get nice the more your combo meter goes up. Problem with this is that you have this combo meter thing? That's more work than just face rolling more my tastes, so, take it with a grain of salt.

• Tanker (primaries)

I totally forgot tanker primaries are armors! So, i had to put it second. My brain is soft and smooth, like peanut butter.

• Invuln

• Super Reflexes

• Shield Defense

Finally not a repeat! Shield Defense is really easy. It's a lot of toggles, which makes it pretty end hungry? But that's ok, you get a shield! That's 100% more style than any armor set that DOESNT get a shield. If the charge power is too intimidating, that's ok! You don't need it to be unstobable.

• Stone Armor

It's stone armor. I'm pretty sure this is SO good it is THE go-to AFK farm set. It's pretty straight forward too, with the only downside being that you can't fly while it's on.

That's ok. You're god now. God doesnt need to fly. What're they gonna do? Kill you? Pfft. Phat chance.

This is an excellent write up, thank you!

• Like 1

• 1 month later

People keep saying that Street Justice has a combo system, but that is not true. Dual Blades has a combo system. Street Justice is a builder/spender system like rogues out of WoW and other MMOs. Use builder attacks to build up 3 points and then spend them on the spender attacks like Crushing Uppercut.

If you can count to 3, then you got this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1