Some things I'd like to see

MUPlayer

Another topic that's been on my mind: The remaining incarnate slots.  

It's already been established that the current dev team can create content that can challenge our incarnate builds.  Given this, I think it's time to move the needle -  open up more incarnate slots (if not all of them).  Mender Ramiel's first mission gives us a roadmap for the types of boosts that should be next.  Obviously, we can't be that OP (or can we? With new rating system, hmm..) but lesser versions would be great.  Any other thoughts?

37 minutes ago, MUPlayer said:

It's already been established that the current dev team can create content that can challenge our incarnate builds.  Given this, I think it's time to move the needle -  open up more incarnate slots (if not all of them).  Mender Ramiel's first mission gives us a roadmap for the types of boosts that should be next.  Obviously, we can't be that OP (or can we? With new rating system, hmm..) but lesser versions would be great.  Any other thoughts?

Cart before the horse. When all content (that doesn't require a minimum number of players) can already be soloed in this game, why do we need to be more powerful?

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

53 minutes ago, MUPlayer said:

The new difficulty system was created specifically because players asked for content that would challenge them even as ultra-uber incarnates. So your proposal is to make the new higher difficulties easy so players will ask for more even higher difficulty settings? While I would like to see the original 10 incarnate tiers finished, I would also like to avoid the ever spiraling power creep.

Edit: Especially since once we have our incarnate abilities, we retain them all the way down to level 45. If the missing original 10 incarnate tiers are to finally be added, I would ask that they only function in incarnate zones and missions.

Edited by Rudra

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

The new difficulty system was created specifically because players asked for content that would challenge them even as ultra-uber incarnates. So your proposal is to make the new higher difficulties easy so players will ask for more even higher difficulty settings? While I would like to see the original 10 incarnate tiers finished, I would also like to avoid the ever spiraling power creep.

Edit: Especially since once we have our incarnate abilities, we retain them all the way down to level 45. If the missing original 10 incarnate tiers are to finally be added, I would ask that they only function in incarnate zones and missions.

The good thing about this game is that you can make it as difficult as you'd like.  Moreover, I'd just like to see the promise were teased years ago fulfilled.  As far as power creep, there isn't really one unless you decide to join in that cycle.  And, yes, similar to how 2 of our level shifts don't kick in outside incarnate zones/missions I think that restriction should continue.

2 minutes ago, MUPlayer said:

The good thing about this game is that you can make it as difficult as you'd like.  Moreover, I'd just like to see the promise were teased years ago fulfilled.  As far as power creep, there isn't really one unless you decide to join in that cycle.  And, yes, similar to how 2 of our level shifts don't kick in outside incarnate zones/missions I think that restriction should continue.

Yes and no. Yes because I don't have to craft any incarnate powers for my characters. No because unless I stop playing with others, I can't stop others from using incarnate powers. I don't have the right to tell others not to use the powers they get for their characters. And even if I did, I couldn't enforce it. So power creep will affect every player unless they opt to never play with others again. In a MMO.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Cart before the horse. When all content (that doesn't require a minimum number of players) can already be soloed in this game, why do we need to be more powerful?

The same reason we level up in the first place: to use new abilities/skills, do things we couldn't do before.  I think for most video game players, being able to reach that next plateau is part of the fun.  More importantly, it's not required to enjoy the game 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

Technically Mass Confusion turns all your enemies in the radius into your pets attacking your enemies. Which includes each other. (Edit: And is very thematic for mind control as opposed to spawning a new pet. A specific pet would be more in line with mental projection or psychokinesis than mind control.)

Edited by Rudra

58 minutes ago, gamegodreturns said:

One power I think is useless is Mass Confusion. Every other controller/dominator gets a pet class with their main power why doesn't Mind primary? There is a mind pet that Penelope Yin has why can't that be added. 

The thing is, the game kind of splits what would be traditionally thought of as "psychic abilities" into the illusion set, (creating false images, causing false wounds, etc), and mind control, (psychokinesis, hypnosis, etc).  What they could have done was to have mass confusion despawn the affected enemies and replace them with "pet copies" under your control, (thereby eliminating the XP penalty and such), or maybe just change them to now be flagged as allies... 

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Technically Mass Confusion turns all your enemies in the radius into your pets attacking your enemies. Which includes each other. (Edit: And is very thematic for mind control as opposed to spawning a new pet. A specific pet would be more in line with mental projection or psychokinesis than mind control.)

1 minute ago, Psyonico said:

Mass Confusion is a great power, I will admit it probably needs a little bit of a buff (Recharge reduction/removing the accuracy penalty)

Thematically it makes perfect sense and I've always liked it.  However, Mass Confusion is really over-penalized - it doesn't last very long, reduced accuracy, has a long recharge, it reduces the exp gained and it has a high endurance cost.  It's like blaster nuke penalties from live except you don't do the damage.   I really hope the dev team takes another pass at Mind Control because it lags behind the other control sets.

Mind Control is light years better on dominators than controllers. Dominators don't have to worry about damage or containment, and Domination makes Mass Confusion and Terrify far more potent controls.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller