Oh the pain!!!

JasperStone

1 minute ago, JasperStone said:

Is there a pain any worse than failing the first Terra Volt Respec

at +0

Solo?

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Stepping on a Lego?

• Thumbs Up 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

1 minute ago, JasperStone said:

check my edit

no, with a full team.

Ouch, then...no, if dental procedures sans anesthesia aren't applicable...

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Was everyone on Discord laughing about how great things were going and encouraging each other to do bacardi 151 shots?  

or.....how the F did you guys screw that up?

No, I certainly want to hear more.  Tell me about your pain.

• Haha 2

Sometimes you get teams of people who honestly aren't aware that anything needs to be protected (because they have never once read the mission text), don't suit up with protective bubbles, and just go "rarrrrr!! get 'em!" and if no one happens to be in the right area for long enough, because it's just a pickup team with no real coordination, yea, it can happen. 

High DPS and high defenses doesn't stop a fail if no one's actually protecting the reactor and people stand around only taking care of mobs they can easily see without sweeping the plac.e 

Edited by MTeague
  • Thumbs Up 2

Booted you say? 

3 hours ago, JasperStone said:

That had been steamrolling obviously.

Suddenly all dead and booted.

I suspect the reactor exploded/got destroyed, which clobbered the team. And I guess, that means you folks found yourself outside the reactor - but if your team lead was paying attention, you had the option to start over, from the "protect the reactor", instead of redoing the entire trial. 

Or did the team literally get booted by the team lead? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MTeague said:

don't suit up with protective bubbles

I usually don't get a bubble, but then again it's not that I don't know about them, it's that I like the extra HP debuff as I make IO builds for all my toons.

You're probably right about people not checking on the reactors hp/using coolant belts.

@JasperStonea cheesy way to cheese win the trial. In the reactor room the waves of spawns were scripted to only appear of the last spawn has been killed, so people used to leave 1 minion alive and just wait the hidden timer (20 minutes iirc) to win the trial. I'm unaware of it ever being patched to change the way the waves spawn in.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember when the respec trial first went live, back in Issue 2, it was run by a lot of people who actually (desperately) needed it to fix their builds.  It was not uncommon to see full teams pop out of the front doors and faceplant on the pavement.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, MTeague said:

Sometimes you get teams of people who honestly aren't aware that anything needs to be protected (because they have never once read the mission text), don't suit up with protective bubbles, and just go "rarrrrr!! get 'em!"

Screen-shot-2013-04-28-at-3.41.13-PM.png

Heroes have an infinite capacity for stupidity.

Thus are legends born.

And that is how we get to...

GAA.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

dental procedures sans anesthesia

Believe it or not, I've had this happen before. Felt like an allied spy being tortured by Nazis (yes, with the thick German accent and steampunk tools)

As for the respec trial, don't beat yourself up about it. those ambushes can really confuse a team to lose cohesion and make you forget about renewing the bubble. The only other run that I had which could be on the same level of frustration as this was an old (pre hard mode) ITF PUG. We got to the last bit with Romy, but didn't have enough damage to bring him down. We had to quit without completing.

Were the respec trails made easier at some point in the games history? This is often something I've wondered as any team I'm on steamrolls and wins these days. Back on live it took many attempts. Could be set builds and heroes are more powerful now.

14 hours ago, Snarky said:

...encouraging each other to do bacardi 151 shots?  

OMG, thanks for the flashback!  In college (I graduated in 1987), we invented a new drink.  The "Cherry Bomb".  Bacardi 151 and Cherry Coke (or regular Coke with maraschino cherry juice from the bar fruit container).  I guess I know why I haven't remembered that, in a long time 😆

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Megajoule said:

I remember when the respec trial first went live, back in Issue 2, it was run by a lot of people who actually (desperately) needed it to fix their builds.

Agree, completely!

It was also the place where I came to love Invulnerability on tankers.  The very first time I was part of a run, my kin defender was constantly going back for the bubble, where the lead tank never bothered....the damage ticks were always single digits (if not ones and twos) and neither the radiation nor the Freaks could overcome Dull Pain.

I had many troubles with these back on Live, especially the first one, at low level and desperately needing a respec.  Lolz at this difficult mission with our noobishly gimped toons.  It's hard to imagine failing it these days with IO sets and Mids and all the other tools and knowledge we have, but hey maybe your team was running similarly gimped toons with SOs and just struggled.  If the game was too easy, it'd be boring!

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**