Oh the pain!!!

JasperStone

Truth is we got to the final wave just fine.

I headed to the reactor, but the rest of the team forgot.

Suddenly:

3 teammates down

another 3 teammates down

Then Tanker went down

Leaving me on my DM/FA at the reactor and got swarmed.

Tried to rez and run out ... no dice

My favorite quote after we got booted ... from the tanker

"oh yeah ... forgot about the reactor"

In all honesty, we steamrolled at +0 and perhaps got a little cocky at the end.

We are having a grande time.

The team wipe was so sudden ... lol

And I did laugh; this did not upset me at all, just been a while since I had failed that mission.

And yes I forgot we get right back into it.

• Like 1

/e poofgone

2 hours ago, MrAxe said:

Were the respec trails made easier at some point in the games history? This is often something I've wondered as any team I'm on steamrolls and wins these days. Back on live it took many attempts. Could be set builds and heroes are more powerful now.

They've been tweaked, as I recall - but mostly to deal with the long pauses between ambushes. Other than that?

The game's much different with IOs (and just *familiarity*) versus doing this with, say, DOs and a few SOs being all that was available. As well as issues upon issues of tweaks. (Inherent fitness = 3 more power picks by 20 for many if not most people, for instance.)

• Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 hours ago, MrAxe said:

Were the respec trails made easier at some point in the games history? This is often something I've wondered as any team I'm on steamrolls and wins these days. Back on live it took many attempts. Could be set builds and heroes are more powerful now.

No they weren't, but people learned tactics/strategy from them, and with the development of IO's and set bonuses, its possible for a single character that's well built to literally carry a team through them, even at +4, so that's likely why you see teams steamroll them.

3 hours ago, TheZag said:

Just dont to go the city information terminal and check the missions failed.  That '1' cant be unseen.

I just abandoned a solo all Redside because  I failed a mission at level 14.   Stupid catch this guy. Before he runs out door.   *facepalm

4 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Stupid catch this guy. Before he runs out door.

There's a few of those missions Redside. I always make it a point to pay attention to the NPC chatter to get a heads up when the bloke is about to make a run for it. Then I position myself in an intersection near the entrance so no matter where the guy is coming from, he'll have to go through me (with my hold or immob ready). Guy still got past me without me seeing him.

Another frustrating one is the protect an object... which blows up after one hit from NPCs.

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2022 at 9:35 PM, SeraphimKensai said:

I usually don't get a bubble...

Oh man, I remember the first time I ran the Terra Trial was on my first character which was a Regen Scrapper. We got to the Reactor and everyone insisted on bubbling up (so I did), and we ran in. Eventually my bubble died, but I never noticed. Another team mate panicked that I was running around with this streak of TICK TICK TICK red damage over my head and was all "Hey, bubble!"

And I stopped, looked up at my HP, looked at the damage ticks, looked back at my HP. Literally nothing was happening to me, the two were in complete balance.

Then another person said "It's cool, he's Regen, forget about it."

There are those few cases in the game, for all the mockery it may get, that sometimes you get to sit back and just go "Yeah, it's cool to be a Regen."

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

8 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Oh man, I remember the first time I ran the Terra Trial was on my first character which was a Regen Scrapper. We got to the Reactor and everyone insisted on bubbling up (so I did), and we ran in. Eventually my bubble died, but I never noticed. Another team mate panicked that I was running around with this streak of TICK TICK TICK red damage over my head and was all "Hey, bubble!"

And I stopped, looked up at my HP, looked at the damage ticks, looked back at my HP. Literally nothing was happening to me, the two were in complete balance.

Then another person said "It's cool, he's Regen, forget about it."

There are those few cases in the game, for all the mockery it may get, that sometimes you get to sit back and just go "Yeah, it's cool to be a Regen."

I miss when Regen was epic. Like being solo in the hami bowl killing mitos epic. But alas I'd like to see it at least somewhere in-between where it is and where it initially was.