What have you paired Street Justice with?

Jawbreaker

I currently have a SJ/Dark brute at 35. He's fun but by god the end hog of /dark is making the journey painful. Is SJ particularly end heavy as well? I really like it but am wondering what another SJ toon should be paired with. Maybe /elec for the END boost? or WP if I can come up with a concept. Just wondering what others have found to be good combos

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

Looks like my only Brute with SJ is a WP.    On other ATs I've done WP, Bio, and Super Reflexes.  I don't remember bad end problems with any of them, not that Bio & WP ever do have an issue.

Dark tends to be the hog in anything I have ever paired with it.  Just need to compensate with end reduction, Performance shifters, and occasionally recovery serum

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Jawbreaker said:

I currently have a SJ/Dark brute at 35

Look to the Energy Mastery pool powers. Brutes get Superior Conditioning, which is +5 Endurance. More Endurance == More Recovery.  So much more useful than the Scrapper alternative, Conserve Power.

This also gets you a spot to place a second Performance Shifter, which can be a significant endurance gain - especially if you're not already slotting them. Phys Perfection, the other auto adds more regen/recovery, but since they are lower base values than Health or Stamina (Half, basically) the best slotting would be a third Perf Shifter and other "effect" pieces (uniques, proc120) from EndMod or Heal sets.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

9 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Look to the Energy Mastery pool powers. Brutes get Superior Conditioning, which is +5 Endurance. More Endurance == More Recovery.  So much more useful than the Scrapper alternative, Conserve Power.

This also gets you a spot to place a second Performance Shifter, which can be a significant endurance gain - especially if you're not already slotting them. Phys Perfection, the other auto adds more regen/recovery, but since they are lower base values than Health or Stamina (Half, basically) the best slotting would be a third Perf Shifter and other "effect" pieces (uniques, proc120) from EndMod or Heal sets.

All these years and a thousand characters and I've never realized the performance shifter isn't a unique

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

28 minutes ago, Jawbreaker said:

All these years and a thousand characters and I've never realized the performance shifter isn't a unique

A-yup.

Fun fact: Power Transfer isn't unique either, and was fixed a page and half or so ago so that they will all trigger - previously only one would take effect because of the way they ticked.

So, on a Brute running SupCond and PhysPerf it is possible to have 3 of each.

• Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

3 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

A-yup.

Fun fact: Power Transfer isn't unique either, and was fixed a page and half or so ago so that they will all trigger - previously only one would take effect because of the way they ticked.

So, on a Brute running SupCond and PhysPerf it is possible to have 3 of each.

Ooooh to mids I go

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/14/2022 at 1:18 AM, Jawbreaker said:

I currently have a SJ/Dark brute at 35. He's fun but by god the end hog of /dark is making the journey painful. Is SJ particularly end heavy as well? I really like it but am wondering what another SJ toon should be paired with. Maybe /elec for the END boost? or WP if I can come up with a concept. Just wondering what others have found to be good combos

I don't think anyone yet mentioned the Theft of Essence +end proc slotted in Dark Regen. I've heard that helps immensely, turning Dark Regen into a neutral or net positive end cost. 

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

My current labor of love Brute is Stj/Inv. As planned, he will be the most expensive build I will have attempted.

good luck.

on the bright side, those enhancements can be stripped and reused later. 😁  (i can't remember ever doing this to be honest, I just shelve)

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 1 month later
On 12/14/2022 at 4:18 AM, Jawbreaker said:

Bumping an old thread, but I just came here to look for inspiration.  I was looking through the different power sets to try and come up with a character and the one that instantly jumped out to me.  The movie is called Nobody.  The bus fight scene specifically.  If that's not a Street Justice/Willpower Brute I don't know what is.  So that's my concept.  Not gonna be a real flashy superhero with jeans, a polo shirt and a brown leather jacket.  But it feels like a fun character to explore.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1