Inventions Control

Herotu

Inventions Control: It sounds weird, I know, but please bear with me.

The idea is that the powers are things such as  a cattle prod, stun gun and electric net. You know, conventional-ish stuff. 

Perhaps another name might be more appropriate? Mechanical Control? Machine Control? Traps? Devices?

What do you guys think?

The real reason for the suggestion: I don't like the animations on any of the controller primaries. All this waving of hands confines my poor brain to the notion that the caster is doing "magic". I struggle to imagine the idea that a technological character waves their arms in that manner purely for the flourish.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Something like "traps control" or a more tech-oriented control set could work.  I think it shouldn't be all grenades.  A "control arrow" or "archery control" set would fit thematically with trick arrow.  Maybe we could get an archery-centric assault set for dominators as well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, biostem said:

Something like "traps control" or a more tech-oriented control set could work.  I think it shouldn't be all grenades.  A "control arrow" or "archery control" set would fit thematically with trick arrow.  Maybe we could get an archery-centric assault set for dominators as well.

I could see a tech control also utilizing some kind of handheld device like the Medicine pool scanner... which also gets reused by the people standing by the Tunnel Network portals in a non-medical manner.  Skip the green ray on it and just have the player character pulling it out and waving it around like a universal remote control for various device-based powers.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Player2 said:

I could see a tech control also utilizing some kind of handheld device like the Medicine pool scanner... which also gets reused by the people standing by the Tunnel Network portals in a non-medical manner.  Skip the green ray on it and just have the player character pulling it out and waving it around like a universal remote control for various device-based powers.

Why not the "On-Wrist" control panel like the Predator uses?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Williwaw said:

I remember writing up a hypothetical powerset like that, with a wrist-computer being the source of many of the powers. (Inspired by the old 1970s series Electra Woman and Dyna Girl)  That was many years ago and I've forgotten the powers, though.

*Shakes Williwaw* You've got to remember goddamnit! For the sakes of all of us!

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2022 at 1:43 PM, Williwaw said:

I remember writing up a hypothetical powerset like that, with a wrist-computer being the source of many of the powers. (Inspired by the old 1970s series Electra Woman and Dyna Girl)  That was many years ago and I've forgotten the powers, though.

Yes please!

Spirit Halloween Fallout Pip Boy Device | Officially Licensed : Clothing,  Shoes & Jewelry - Amazon.com

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**