Why isn't Brute Energy Melee Awesome?

aethereal

3 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Is that the poem about the Holocaust? I swear I've read something similar before. 

Yes, it's originally from, arguably, one of the most famous Holocaust poems, "First They Came for the Jews," written by Martin Niemoller.

• Thumbs Up 1

Resident certified baby

I did a pylon time of around 1 minute 20 seconds with a EM/Bio Brute and i felt that with more aggressive slotting it could possibly shave off up to 10 seconds off that time. That is a little less than what a Scrapper can do with EM but it is still impressive.

About 15-20  seconds slower than a Scrapper and 20-30 seconds faster than a Tanker.

• 1 month later

The OP is correct: the Scrapper/Stalker version of Energy Melee is inferior to the Brute/Tanker version.

Energy Transfer is easy to see. Scrappers and Stalkers flat-out lose most of their critical bonus - a rather big deal for Stalkers who can controllably crit with Energy Transfer - for a healing bonus that just isn't very useful in most cases.

Total Focus is a bit harder to see, but getting an extra fast activating Energy Transfer is not worth losing double damage on Total Focus. This is especially true once you consider how it creates a variable recharge rotation that can require special management.

However, Scrappers/Stalkers will do more damage with Energy Melee for the same reasons they do more damage with everything: they're inherently harder-hitting AT. Scrappers/Stalkers just have less of an advantage with Energy Melee than they would with, say, Broadsword.