Ice Blast Chilling Ray

WindDemon21

On top of it being super dumb that it's only a sleep on sentinels and not a hold, but what is the point of the 11% damage buff to only smashing damage when literally none of the ice blast powers even have a smashing component. I think personally it was bugged and should have been cold damage buff, not smashing. Could this be fixed?

image.thumb.png.7a8a4079c12fc578275ad64ae6722d7b.png

56 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

On top of it being super dumb that it's only a sleep on sentinels and not a hold, but what is the point of the 11% damage buff to only smashing damage when literally none of the ice blast powers even have a smashing component. I think personally it was bugged and should have been cold damage buff, not smashing. Could this be fixed?

I brought this up on the test server when I noticed that Ice was changed to do only cold damage instead of cold/smashing damage. Apparently the +11% smashing damage is hold over from copy/pasting abilities over from Blasters Defiance ability. Essentially a bug. 

It was a minor bonus that it increased your smashing damage before, but now it's essentially useless. But it is apparently also a bug, they didn't intend for it to be there. Given that it's a bug, but also essentially useless, they left it in. I tried to get them to change it to cold damage, since Ice would appreciate the boost, but they did not agree.

Edited by Underfyre

1 hour ago, Underfyre said:

I brought this up on the test server when I noticed that Ice was changed to do only cold damage instead of cold/smashing damage. Apparently the +11% smashing damage is hold over from copy/pasting abilities over from Blasters Defiance ability. Essentially a bug. 

It was a minor bonus that it increased your smashing damage before, but now it's essentially useless. But it is apparently also a bug, they didn't intend for it to be there. Given that it's a bug, but also essentially useless, they left it in. I tried to get them to change it to cold damage, since Ice would appreciate the boost, but they did not agree.

Ah ok, was wondering but dang. But also on that power itself, it really could use some sort of a more worthy upgrade since the hold got downgraded to a sleep which is essentially useless on a short duration mag 3 only single target ability. I'd even, or prefer an immobilize or hefty -rech debuff, 1s cast back, etc

• 3 weeks later