Combat Teleport should be a bonus popup of Teleport, not its own skill

Kaelit

On 12/26/2022 at 10:01 AM, Kaelit said:

Hell, Translocation even offers the same distance for 25% less END! + you get Flight! - Yes, TP does have the 50% discount while its hover is active, but you can cross entire maps with both powers before you run out of END.

The answer to this is simple.

Increase the distance for teleport to that which can be traveled in one jump and make the execution time (travel time) the same as using flight with afterburner for the same distance.

-or-

decrease the endurance cost for teleport so that it cost the same amount of end to travel the same distance with flight with afterburner active.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 12/26/2022 at 1:28 PM, Rudra said:

The individuals I spoke with that don't like teleport find that unnecessarily troubling. When you get the hang of it though? Teleport is insanely fast and easy to use. And it even makes you untouchable briefly when you teleport in. So you not only have a window where you hover in place to re-align the character and teleport again, you are also briefly untouchable. I'd say that means Teleport has extra bonuses to match the other travel powers.

I have a good number of characters with the teleport pool.

I can't say that I remember getting teleport with the teleport pool for any of my characters.

Back before he sunset, any characters that I had with teleport (as a travel power) also had hover, and they kept that even when the brief amount of hover was added at the end of each teleport sequence.

Why? Because I want to look around when I get to the destination before going to ground or teleporting again and hover gives me some extra defense while doing tha.

The main reason I don't get teleport when I do get the power pool is that I enjoy flying much better. When it comes down to it, flight is the best travel power for superheroes (regular flight or mystic flight ... heck, even the P2W flights).

Don't get me wrong. I love super leap (regardless of which kind). But I like evasion more than I like superspeed, and I like superspeed more than teleport.

Some of that comes from character conception. I am a character conception player after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

21 hours ago, biostem said:

Not that I'm necessarily an advocate for adding an attack to the teleport pool, but they could do something like a single version of the vorpal judgement power, where a clone of yourself quickly appears near the enemy to deliver a kick or such....

I do want Maelstrom's teleport kick attack.  But thats probably better suited to a new power set instead of the gimp version that would end up in a pool power.

• Thumbs Up 3

I would not make Combat Teleport a popup of Teleport.

However, it would be cool if having additional powers from the Teleport pool caused a synergy between the powers (similar to the fighting pool).

For example: For each additional power from the Teleport pool you have, Combat Teleport gets an extra activation before the cooldown recharge begins (potential synergy benefits for the other Teleport powers might be increased range or reduced endurance cost (whichever is more suitable))

• Like 1