List of “must haves” in a base

Oklahoman

I like everything in my base to serve a purpose - invention table, storage rack, etc. I also have a handful of NPCs for leveling, selling items, and so on.

What are your “must have” items for your base? I’m wondering if I’m missing some valuable thing to put in my base.

Maximum storage.  Two invention, one or two for insps, the rest all for salvage.  You will want dedicated cotainers once Halloween and Christmas roll around.

Teleports to all the zones.

A rez machine.

Trainer, costumer, difficulty, NPCs.

Insp and merit vendor.

Worktable.

Arcane and tech buff machines - 3 tiers each.

(If shared) a vault for personal salvage storage.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

The vault and difficulty changer NPCs are redundant now since you can access those from the UI.  Same with the first and second tier buff stations, as the third tier has all the buffs.  You do need both arcane and tech though, since they use different salvage.

A quartermaster NPC is nice to have, so you can sell.

An Ouroboros shiny rock.  If you're flashbacking old-skool content, it's better to start from your base so you can teleport to the zone the first mission is in, rather than to the contact on the other side of the city.

You also need a power/control item, since some items do still use power and control.

An Ouroboros shiny rock.  If you're flashbacking old-skool content, it's better to start from your base so you can teleport to the zone the first mission is in, rather than to the contact on the other side of the city.

I cant find this in the editor. Is it called something else?

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

I cant find this in the editor. Is it called something else?

Pillar of Ice and Flame in the Arcane Workshop tab

While some of these are easy to figure out, is there a list for where these are at? I have been looking for some, and can't seem to find them. Since it wasn't listed, is there no place to store recipes?

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

You can't story recipes, only crafted IOs.

On that subject, I put one salvage rack at most in my bases, but lots of enhancement storage tables.  I'd much rather store a hundred IOs than any amount of salvage to craft with.  ^_^  I can buy salvage from the market any time.

No place to store recipes, unfortunately.

As for my must-haves: Random stacks of mugs.  ALL THE MUGS! EVERYWHERE! Bwhahahaha-

Just kidding. Pretty much what everyone else has said: NPCs, teleporters, storage, amenities, crafting equipment, and random decoration here and there just so it's not just a series of bland ugly gray boxes, but rather a series of bland ugly gray boxes with comic book posters on the wall.

and random decoration here and there just so it's not just a series of bland ugly gray boxes, but rather a series of bland ugly gray boxes with comic book posters on the wall.

I've visited that base!  Or maybe I built it, I don't know!

Arcane and tech buff machines - 3 tiers each.

Each buff machine subsumes the buffs from the previous tiers. (You used to have to make each one to craft the next one.) You only need one Tier 3 empowerment station to have all available buffs. The recipes, buffs, and durations are the same.

Of course it's nice for decor but if someone wants to be efficient, you only need a Mystic Crucible or a Supercollider. I do like to keep 1 salvage rack next to it though with the items for the knockback protection buff: luck charm + inanimate carbon rod; or rune + scientific theory; or fortune + mathematic proof.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!