Lava and Crystal FX for granite mode

18 minutes ago, Snarky said:

You do not like the forced transformation from your one of a kind costume into a cookie cutter bland thing?  Hmmm.  First time I have heard that.

Good Luck!

I know a lot of people don’t like it and complain but I thought I’d give some solutions that seem easy enough to implement. It’s already in the game they wouldn’t even need to make any new designs

2 minutes ago, whipplenipple said:

I know a lot of people don’t like it and complain but I thought I’d give some solutions that seem easy enough to implement. It’s already in the game they wouldn’t even need to make any new designs

Yeah.  It's just....how many years of this post.  Followed by the inevitable can we get different costumes on MM pets.  It hurts.  And that is why I love it.

So the deal is the costume effect of granite is part of the power effects, it's not either an animation or a particle effect of the power.  The existing powers customization system has no way to change the effects of a power.

Some kind of fairly serious code change would be necessary to either bring a complete costume replacement effect into the animation type of the power (which the customization code could then affect and swap into a different costume replacement) or else make the customization code be able to swap out some power effects.

That's why this long-standing complaint has never been addressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, aethereal said:

So the deal is the costume effect of granite is part of the power effects, it's not either an animation or a particle effect of the power.  The existing powers customization system has no way to change the effects of a power.

Some kind of fairly serious code change would be necessary to either bring a complete costume replacement effect into the animation type of the power (which the customization code could then affect and swap into a different costume replacement) or else make the customization code be able to swap out some power effects.

That's why this long-standing complaint has never been addressed.

Ahhh okay this makes sense. I thought it was just an easy fix, thank you man

3 hours ago, aethereal said:

At this point in the stage of the code development I'd say that it is no longer an issue of the integration of the code, but the fact that the look was baked in, and there wasn't a method of extracting a different look to tie into it, but the current development team has found the methods to overlay unique costumes from pre-existing game assets. At this point the only thing that actually needs to happen is to create a static replacement power that holds the existence of the stats (the power components themselves), and then trades out an over-laying cosmetic power costume choice through the power selection screen, or via power-integration and getting granted multiple costume choices when the power is earned that can be toggled between exclusively when the power is on.

This is far less daunting now than it was in the past and is mostly just a need to invest the time on a somewhat small and niche (but really awesome) QoL improvement.