Biggest Douche Move YOU Did or Had Done To?

I have to admit, I was one of many that enjoyed bringing giant DE monsters from Monster Island over to Portal Corp to grief powerlevelling lowbies.

I don't regret it, and I'd do it again... if I had time to get up to level 50...  :P

I'm out.

Hmmm, done to me...

Had a blaster who followed me around on my fire tank at the end of the Hamidon raids to specifically hit my hamidon buds after the raid. If you recall the old raids, attacking buds is where you got enhancements. He'd basically nuke everything around me before I could get a hit off. I respecced later and then had a friend on his team tp him away as the buds spawned. My friend lost his chance at a drop but it seemed to solve the issue.

Seen done: Back before issue 2, had this little punk show up in Brickstown demanding powerleveling from everyone in the zone and insulting them if they didn't. I leave and log in later to see this kid cursing up a storm in broadcast. Apparently people kept inviting him to teams and tp dropping him into the prison yard. He apparently fell for this over and over again.

Done by me: Generally I leave people alone and be the good teammate. However...

I did a Manticore TF with the biggest douche I've ever come across in an MMO. Considering my time in WoW, that is saying alot. This guy was arrogant, despite being mediocre at best, tried to run things by running away from the team and attacking groups that we weren't engaged with. He took turns insulting everyone.

So we finally finish and he was pushing me to talk to Manticore and end it. This was back in the day when you got  the drop after you talked to the TF contact. So I apologized to everyone for having to deal with this insufferable lout and kicked him off the team. I was met with cheers as I talked to Manticore.

I also recently used the lost cure during a dfb. That did not end well. Though I didn't realize how it would bork the mission, so it wasn't my intent.

I also recently used the lost cure during a dfb. That did not end well. Though I didn't realize how it would bork the mission, so it wasn't my intent.

That sounds unfortunately hilarious! Here you were thinking "Hey, quick way to get rid of Lost baddies!". In reality, it removes the target without flagging them as defeated, thus breaking the mission.

That sounds unfortunately hilarious! Here you were thinking "Hey, quick way to get rid of Lost baddies!". In reality, it removes the target without flagging them as defeated, thus breaking the mission.

Bingo! Late at night, right before the xp change so my level 20 was eyeing 22 and I figure why not? It borked the mission exactly as you said. Lol, this was a nice group of people who didn't deserve it. Luckily it was so fast that we restarted and quickly forgot it haha.

I was at the Hami Raid where someone spawned a Kronos Titan.  I think there is video of it on YouTube still.

That was griefing, but boy howdy was it ever epic griefing.

Pleased to meet you!  I am Animal, and I harbor Perverse Sexual Lust.

I've done a lot of douchey things, but maybe the biggest douche move i've ever done was tell someone on the Internet that he was wrong.

It's just completely unacceptable behaviour in this day and age, you know?

Well, the whole wrong place, wrong time still applies even on the internet.  And of course, just saying "your wrong" doesn't usually win fans...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Well, the whole wrong place, wrong time still applies even on the internet.  And of course, just saying "your wrong" doesn't usually win fans...

You're wrong.

I mean, it's not "your wrong", it's "you're wrong", so, you're wrong.

... Captain Pedant awaaayyyyyyyyyyyy

Part-time table flipper

Global: Skathi the Huntress

You're wrong.

I knew it was coming...surprised it took you longer than a minute...+1 Inf

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

You're wrong.

Also +1 Inf for grammar check

Invite some lowbie asking for PLs.

Immediately TP him off highest building.

Buddy gave him some money cause he felt bad.  :)

That all ended when you had to accept a TP.

I had this happen to me, but for no other reason than I accepted a random invite.  To be honest, it was pretty funny. 

Judgement Day - Soldier - Excelsior

You're wrong.

Well played.

Pleased to meet you!  I am Animal, and I harbor Perverse Sexual Lust.

It's not a CoH story, but here's mine.

It's Diablo II and I've got a kooky summoner Archer druid build. Super underpowered. But whatever, it's fun.

Now it just so happens the bow I'm using uses the same Sprite and color palate as the most powerful and rare unique bow in the game, the windforce, but the bow I'm using has another cool feature: it doesn't need a quiver, it fires magic arrows, which look all cool and glowy.

I wind up in an endgame boss raid game with guy who is a total was. This was decades ago, so I don't remember his exact crimes against etiquite, but he was very rude and, I decided, had almost certainly bought his gear on eBay. He was using a windforce, the aforementioned Uber bow

But one thing I do remember: he kept racing me to arrows that dropped, I think to troll me. Other archers probably get mad and scold him for it, but my bow doesn't need arrows, so I just kept on shooting without reloading. At some point he figured out I wasn't using arrows and demanded to know how. I told him my bow doesn't need arrows. He called me a liar, said he had the same bow, and his doesn't do that.

So with evil in my heart I told a terrible lie. I told him you could add the magic arrow property to any bow by combining the bow with two quivers of arrows in a horadric cube. For those who never played Diablo II, the horadric cube is a sort of alchemy box. You put in a certain combination of items and activate it, and out pops another item based on the items you put in. If the items in the cube don't constitute a particular recipe, nothing happens. But if there is a recipe present then extra items in the cube would be erased.

Two quivers of arrows was in fact a recipe, resulting in a quiver of bolts. Any other item, such as a $500 eBay bow, would be destroyed.

He was not pleased.

He was not pleased.

::applause::

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Two quivers of arrows was in fact a recipe, resulting in a quiver of bolts. Any other item, such as a $500 eBay bow, would be destroyed.

He was not pleased.

If he violated the ToS by paying hard cash to a third party for ingame goodies, he totally deserved that.

Honestly, I've never been much of a troll player in MMOs- I have never understood why some humans take pleasure in actively being mean to other humans.

My biggest douche move in an MMO dates all the way back to Ultima Online:

For those of you who never played Ultima Online after the Renaissance expansion, there were two "facets" to the world, Trammel and Felluca, in Tram, it was akin to a modern no PVP MMO. Fel on the other hand, was the land of the lawless. I was running around Fel working on my stealing skill, just stealing from NPCs because Fel was basically a ghost town.

Dude comes up and is all "you're grey, can I attack you?" - in UO, if you were blue you were a "good person" and attacking you was illegal and would make another player red. If you were red you were "a bad person" and attacking you had no adverse effects on other players. If you were Grey, you were somewhere in between... If you were outside of town, a person could kill you without penalty, but if you were under the protection of the town guards, attacking you would be considered a crime. Weird quirks, I know, but that's how it worked.

ANYWAYS, I was on the outskirts of town. I said "Sure." then once they attacked, I called the guards, getting them killed instantly. Now, since the guards were there I couldn't loot their corpse unfortunately. I probably wouldn't have anyways though. Even back when I was like 15 I wasn't that much of a jerk.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

I have never understood why some humans take pleasure in actively being mean to other humans.

This is really the only comment I noticed in this thread that resonates with me.

The stories in this thread are the reason my wife and others I have know over the years never play multi-player games.

And yeah, I know all the excuses, 'too young to understand', 'it was just a harmless joke', etc.

I was bullied from a young age for being kind and gentle.

None of this is really even remotely funny from my PoV.

Community...

I have never understood why some humans take pleasure in actively being mean to other humans.

This is really the only comment I noticed in this thread that resonates with me.

The stories in this thread are the reason my wife and others I have know over the years never play multi-player games.

And yeah, I know all the excuses, 'too young to understand', 'it was just a harmless joke', etc.

Community...

+1

To be charitable, often times it's done for fun and some people like being pranked to some degree. Then you inadvertently do something to someone who isn't into that sort of thing. Any amount of apology comes across as insincere, or is unable to penetrate the emotions that are brought to the surface.

I've been on both ends of that kind of thing. Not much can be done, it's just a consequence of imperfect humans interacting. And it's not an online-only phenomenon -- most of my experience with it comes from school playgrounds.

Community...

At least some these stories (including mine) were about pranks played on guys that had it coming. I think there's enjoyment to be had there.