Biggest Douche Move YOU Did or Had Done To?

Second day in of playing (NEVER played an MMO before in my life) and was thrilled to get invited to a team by a higher character. He promptly tp'd me to the highest building in Atlas, and kicked me. I spent about 10 minutes pacing back and forth wondering what to do. If I jumped, would I die and have to create my toon all over again? (I was new, folks.) I figured I couldn't play from there anyway, so I jumped. There was ONE teeny tiny bit of life left, so I went my way. I promised myself I would NEVER do anything rotten like that to another player.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

I know in my early days of playing I was in middle school and prone to getting rather unpleasant in chat, but I would never got out of my way to ruin someone else's gameplay experience.

NOW I can't say the same for other people. Before TP prompts were put in I was a frequent member of the mile high dive club, I remember distinctly the team leader calling me a fa**ot for getting upset at all the death and debt he was treating me to.

Bank mission where the leader said to rush the bank objective, then immediately turn tail once we were inside the building, causing the team to split up and die at the door. That was just a dumb team wipe, then he got made at us. Not sure if that was intentional griefing or he was being an idiot, but it caused arguing and the team disbanded.

PvP droning. I never droned, but was the victim of it frequently. However I did have a /devices blaster, so you bet I abused the pants out of trip mines and TP foe. One of my favourite derp moments with this was TPing a stalker who wasn't at stealth cap, forgetting they have huge AoE defense when still in hide, so they just avoided all the huge explosions and shanked me. That was my personal karma and I actually just laughed at my own misfortune

I feel obligated to say all my worst encounters were on Pinnacle for some reason. Every other server was fine. Virtue got weird, but only because people were so dedicated to being in-character even when they were designed to be annoying/snarky/perverted etc.

These experiences were very far between, but because they were so rare they were something to remember.

I used to enjoy giving fun answers to questions in Help chat.

Doofus: My mission is under the ground! How can I get there?

Me: You need the 'shovel' temp power. You get it by farming Circle mages on the islands in northern Talos who are doing the 'dig' emote.

Doofus: Where do I find Lost in King's Row?

Me: I just killed them all sorry. Wait another 45 minutes for them to respawn.

Doofus: When I click on Kara the Scorpion, it says "you cannot enter".

Me: Try buying her dinner first.

I've always hated it when people give "smart-ass", troll answers to questions asked in Help or the chat channels. I don't care how dumb the question may seem to you, it was a dick move back in the retail days and it's still a dick move here. Just answer the damned question honestly, or ignore it. >_<

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I can hardly be held responsible for the actions of others now

When the devs finally fixed the spawning of Caleb in nerva we went out to kill him, I found him first, I teleported in on my EM stalker and gave him a Energy Transfer to the face..... then Freedom server died instantly.... So in the spirit of helpfulness I went on a couple of other servers telling people what NOT to do and what would happen, I must have been either more naive back then or more evil because one by one the servers all collapsed.....

I used to enjoy giving fun answers to questions in Help chat.

Doofus: My mission is under the ground! How can I get there?

Me: You need the 'shovel' temp power. You get it by farming Circle mages on the islands in northern Talos who are doing the 'dig' emote.

I distinctly recall driving a couple people insane with tales of "The Cutscene Badge" (2,500 cutscenes required), that unlocked the Hidden Contact, Arbiter Miller, hidden in the secret room  in the tunnels underneath Grandville. All of this was undocumented, of course, but us Insiders™ knew about it!  I think the fact people knew that there WAS a hidden room in the tunnels gave it enough credibility.

Well, the whole wrong place, wrong time still applies even on the internet.  And of course, just saying "your wrong" doesn't usually win fans...

You're wrong.

I mean, it's not "your wrong", it's "you're wrong", so, you're wrong.

... Captain Pedant awaaayyyyyyyyyyyy

Also +1 Inf for grammar check

And just remember, there really are grammar Nazis.

I have never understood why some humans take pleasure in actively being mean to other humans.

And this was one of the things that attracted me to CoH in the first place -- when I started playing, a few days after launch, the game didn't have any form of PvP whatsoever. And even when Arena dropped, I just declined to participate. About the douchiest thing I ever did in PvP was hanging out with several of my friends -- all of us were playing villains in the 25-30 range -- in Bloody Bay, where we managed to occupy the roof of the hero base (at the time, it didn't have turrets on it) and rain attacks down on the people trying to dislodge us. Occasionally one of us went down and would have to fly back, and eventually the heroes pushed us out, defeating enough of us at once that we couldn't sustain our occupation, but it was a hilarious couple of hours.

Well, the whole wrong place, wrong time still applies even on the internet.  And of course, just saying "your wrong" doesn't usually win fans...

You're wrong.

I mean, it's not "your wrong", it's "you're wrong", so, you're wrong.

... Captain Pedant awaaayyyyyyyyyyyy

Also +1 Inf for grammar check

And just remember, there really are grammar Nazis.

My favorite grammar meme ever!

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

This guy. Magnus. Joined my Rikti WZ mission team then instantly quit when the mission was about to begin.

"He said Too douchy for me." Then quit.

I asked him: "Why did you leave?"

He said: "I don't team with assholes."

I said: "How am I an asshole?"

He said: "you just are."

I said: "You troll piece of shit"

He said: "Welcome to my ignore list."

I was frustrated because I was seriously trying to form and run a Rikti warzone mission team and got trolled.

I think the only time I was actively a douche in CoX was during a TF that I was healing for.

We had a blaster in the group with teleport, and he was really impatient and kept teleporting himself ahead of the group to pull mobs before the tanks could get there, and of course he kept dying because not only was he squishy, he was in rooms I couldn't even see into yet.  As soon as he was dead he started complaining about the bad healing and sending tells to other group members trying to get me kicked.  By the third mission he'd got the message that nobody cared and if he kept teleporting away we weren't going to drop everything to follow him, but by that point I was sick of being bad-mouthed so just... stopped healing him outright.

The best thing was, when he kept on complaining, nobody believed him because he'd been so vocal previously, and he ended up doing a proper rage quit.

Honestly, I feel bad about being so childish.  It was a long time ago and he was very annoying, but I think he'd probably have ended up being kicked or leaving anyway just for being abnoxious without me being spiteful. :/

Sounds like you have followed the advice given here

Way back before there was a TP prompt I was on my Rad defender.  I was in a group that had a tank but a regen scrapper (who thankfully skipped his self rez) thought he could tank too.  He would run off and get himself killed repeatedly.  After the 2nd time I stopped rezzing him and instead would TP his corpse around after the tank pulled and use him for fallout and veng when they were up.  The douche move was thanking him because the team did more damage with him dead than alive.

In another game (SWTOR) our guild would regularly raid and we did all sorts of things to mess with each other and try and get people killed.  When the boss fights started we all stopped but on the way there anything was fair game.  One raid had a section of trash mobs that would explode when they got low on health.  This was well telegraphed and took a few seconds to blow up giving everyone plenty of time to get out of the way.  The damage has since been nerfed but for a while when they exploded it did enough damage to 1 shot most of the squishier types.  So while everyone backed off those of us with powers to pull mobs (only a couple classes could do this) would pull them into as many players as possible just a split second before they blew up.

I was having an argument with a guy who for whatever reason - i cant remember now - brought up his dead mother. Now i was playing my grav/kin troller and just happen to use propel and a coffin flew through the air. I MIGHT have told him something along the lines of 'Oh looks like your mum has come back to say hello!'

I was having an argument with a guy who for whatever reason - i cant remember now - brought up his dead mother. Now i was playing my grav/kin corr and just happen to use propel and a coffin flew through the air. I MIGHT have told him something along the lines of 'Oh looks like your mum has come back to say hello!'

lmao that was so wrong on so many levels.

• 2 weeks later