Burnout + Serum = DoubleSerum

StrikerFox

Just had to try it out on beta as I was thinking about respecing Burnout back into my Mercs/Storm build. Mainly for the multiple Tornados, Freezing Rain and Lightning Storms. Serum has a +75% diminishing dam buff over 60 seconds, Double-Serum bumps up to a +150% diminishing buff over the same amount of time. 

image.png.29217728e62608303a0891b7903eb82d.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hello StrikerFox,

May I ask how you slot the Merc power Serum?

Allowed Enh Set Categories:  Res damage, End Mod, and ToHit Buff.

I have it slotted for Res & Recharge.  But I can't help wondering if adding a slot for +Recovery might be a good idea.  Without enhancement, the Recovery Rate of the Mercs is doubled with Serum.  This too decays over the space of a minute.

Edited by bellona100
Clarification
  • Thanks 1

Hi bellona100,

Definitely skip endurance IOs if planning to run Serum frequently. On my beta test run, Soldiers/Medic had +26.5% recovery from IO slotting, Spec-Ops with +23.2% and Commando with +66.25%. Running Serum, their end barely moved during the 74 sec pylon run. 

+Tohit IOs is great if Tactics is skipped. But typically Tactics + Supremacy + 60% IO acc + -def debuffs help Mercs hit quite well. 

Damage resist is probably the best. Improve pet survivability which in turn, pets will require less babysitting. Looks like Serum provides a 30% diminishing return to all damage types (Except psychic). So if slotted aggressively, it will provide around +45%. 

And thank you! I totally didn't realize Serum improve damage resistance until I read your reply. For some reason, I thought it was just tohit, damage and end.

• Thumbs Up 1