Homage to Green Lantern

smnolimits43

7 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

What powers would you give a Green Lantern wanabe ??

I think a Corruptor would actually be a good way to go. It would up the damage a bit. I feel like Green Lanterns are more Blastery than they behave as Controllers.

Radiation/Force Field - Radiation cuts through defenses/Forcefield for the obvious reasons.

and, yeah, how can you not go for Will Power on a Green Lantern?!

Flight would be a must have; also for obvious reasons.

I agree with Leadership as well.

No way ... really ... in City of Heroes to get the ranged big fist attacks, giant scissors, giant hammers, etc. 

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

5 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

No way ... really ... in City of Heroes to get the ranged big fist attacks, giant scissors, giant hammers, etc. 

I mean, you could take psi melee on a melee AT, color the attacks greenish. I'm sure there's some combination of colours that will make the "fist" really stand out.

But then you don't really have any blast powers.

Ohhh, maybe illusion/psi Dom? Does their TK power have the fist?

But now I'm focusing too much on just one aspect....carry on 🤣

Folks might think it could be a Gravity/Energy/Psi Dominator with Propel, Psi Tornado, Lifting and Crushing but then that would be copyright infringement and subject to genericide per code of conduct and the user agreement. Cosplay away.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

3 hours ago, HachiMan2015 said:

I mean, you could take psi melee on a melee AT, color the attacks greenish. I'm sure there's some combination of colours that will make the "fist" really stand out.

But then you don't really have any blast powers.

Ohhh, maybe illusion/psi Dom? Does their TK power have the fist?

But now I'm focusing too much on just one aspect....carry on 🤣

So my Psi/Shield Scrapper has a Green Lantern costume and I did JUST this haha.

Additionally, I have an all human PB that, when recolored, works pretty well as a GL.

Edited by StriderIV
  • Like 1

Could go with stone melee using the big fist and the hammer with crystal giving it a construct look if you wanted to be melee. I think you can get a shooting power in an epic power? But I would think range is the way to go depending what kind of lantern you want to be. 

7 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

i thought i would try something a little different: Archery

61EoTv4QEuL._AC_SY780_.jpg

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Have you considered perhaps a tribute to Doc Spectrum from Squadron Supreme?

Not trying to throw a spanner in the works but it does give you a degree more flexibility with colours and power sets perhaps

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

s-l1600.jpg

.... or maybe a mastermind?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squadron_Supreme

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/f/fd/Squadron_Supreme_Vol_1_12.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160421014403

Essntially they are JLA reimagined by Mark Grunewald for Marvel.  It is a very good story and the trade is still available so far as I know.

Also JMS did have a limited run retelling that story for the 21st century which was really interesting but sadly didn't go the distance.

• Thanks 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

12 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Essntially they are JLA reimagined by Mark Grunewald for Marvel.  It is a very good story and the trade is still available so far as I know.

Also JMS did have a limited run retelling that story for the 21st century which was really interesting but sadly didn't go the distance.

Yeah. I thought this was a really great mini-series as well.

I picked it up on the rack (well, as soon as I saw issue 1 or 2, I put it on my subscription list... so out of my subscription box at a local comic book store). It looked cool at the time, and it was a fun run.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later