MAJOUR Sound overall from a Film/FX producer...but...

Greetings

so. - quick intro!

Im a musician/Music producer, and I stream the game pretty much every night "circlefactory on twitch" - I love it for what it is, and we are always driving the game in a positive light!..

Anyway.. - we always mention some of the sounds can do with a bit of cheering up!. - and as i do a lot of music/SFX for a lot of movies, would be nice to add a new flair to the game!.. - make some of the hero/villains abilities a lot more...well More!

I will want to do it as a personal project of mine, but will happily share it with anyone that wants it... (appreciate that its not for everyone and that's fine)..While a few clever folks on my stream sent me the audio files, all the names are somewhat random!.

So Id like if possible a list of sounds connected to the power sounds (or for everything if its possible)

I tried a PIGG viewer, but to no avail, cant get anything to work at all.

Anyone got any advise as to how I get this.

Many thanks

Edited by OTSStudio
  • Like 1

• OTSStudio changed the title to MAJOUR Sound overall from a Film/FX producer...but...

I believe most of the accessible sound files are in .ogg format. I do know a couple modders that have their sound editing files up here, but I don't know if there's a list outside of the Wiki attached to Homecoming. It wouldn't be a bad idea to search to see if the file names are on the site. Just saying but if you do put something together, let me know, I'd love to have some spruced up noises and sounds for my game install! Edit: I would like to add that licensing might be part of the issue with updating this game and it's elements, but hey it would be amazing to see a full revamp of the effects, music, and sounds frequently heard in game.😮 I did find this however, thought it might be helpful. https://strategywiki.org/wiki/City_of_Heroes/Clientmods

Edited by Crystal Dragon
Quick addition, was doing some searches for ogg lists for the game to help and ran into a sound and music licensing discussion about updating the game.
  • Like 1

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

You may have already seen the above. Some folks that can point someone in the right direction or may have answers @Solarverse @AboveTheChemist @Oubliette_Red

also

On 10/3/2022 at 12:45 AM, Six-Six said:

Also do a search for Solarverse, Philoticknight or Sound FX Mods here in the forums. They have a nifty mod tool as well as a library of other SFX for other powers.

• Thanks 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2 hours ago, Solarverse said:
3 hours ago, carroto said:

There is a spreadsheet with the info you need but for some reason I can't seem to find it.  Hopefully someone else has a link and can provide it.  If not I'll do some more digging.

This should help.

RosettaStone_v5.xlsx 3.85 MB · 2 downloads

PK's Rosetta Stone is very helpful and it's one of the things I use when hunting down sfx for players. It precedes the latest additions to the game like Symphonic Control and sadly I don't know what magic PK performed to eek out that info from the .pigg files.

@OTSStudio I look forward to hearing what you come up with for your own unique take on sfx replacements.  :)

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 hour ago, OTSStudio said:

Thanks guys for the inputs, and that xls sheet sure does!. though rather large 🙂

Im also interested in the modtool you mention above too, so will look into that right after this too!

Thanks guys, appreciate it all!

I believe this is the mod tool which was mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 3 weeks later
On 1/18/2023 at 1:44 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

PK's Rosetta Stone is very helpful and it's one of the things I use when hunting down sfx for players. It precedes the latest additions to the game like Symphonic Control and sadly I don't know what magic PK performed to eek out that info from the .pigg files.

@OTSStudio I look forward to hearing what you come up with for your own unique take on sfx replacements.  🙂

Thanks for the file! Now how to find the names and folder names for the new powers' sound effects.

Edited by SuperBear

2 hours ago, SuperBear said:

Now how to find the names and folder names for the new powers' sound effects.

Digging around in the game files via a pigg viewer is probably the best way. I pulled a few sounds out of the HC piggs that weren't in the original live piggs, and those will represent at least some of the 'new' power sounds. It is possible that some of the 'new' powers might re-use sounds that were already in the original live piggs, so it might be tougher to track those down.

I've attached the sounds I found here. I don't have a symphonic control character to test with (I could have sworn I did on Beta, but I must have deleted her), but I found some sounds in the sounds > ogg > enemies folder that might have been used for symphonic control. Those were all male sounds, so I also went into the live piggs and grabbed the corresponding female sounds. The sounds that start with 'TOV_Siren' (note the capitalization) are the female sounds from the original live piggs, and those that start with 'tov_siren' are male sounds from the HC piggs. The male sounds also have 'male' in the filename.

The folder structure in the zip file is as it was in the pigg files, and is how it should be set up in your own pigg file and/or your data folder, depending on how you want to test these.

sound.zip

Edited by AboveTheChemist

13 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Digging around in the game files via a pigg viewer is probably the best way. I pulled a few sounds out of the HC piggs that weren't in the original live piggs, and those will represent at least some of the 'new' power sounds. It is possible that some of the 'new' powers might re-use sounds that were already in the original live piggs, so it might be tougher to track those down.

I've attached the sounds I found here. I don't have a symphonic control character to test with (I could have sworn I did on Beta, but I must have deleted her), but I found some sounds in the sounds > ogg > enemies folder that might have been used for symphonic control. Those were all male sounds, so I also went into the live piggs and grabbed the corresponding female sounds. The sounds that start with 'TOV_Siren' (note the capitalization) are the female sounds from the original live piggs, and those that start with 'tov_siren' are male sounds from the HC piggs. The male sounds also have 'male' in the filename.

The folder structure in the zip file is as it was in the pigg files, and is how it should be set up in your own pigg file and/or your data folder, depending on how you want to test these.

sound.zip 2.3 MB · 1 download

Well so far I've added all the sounds beginning with TOV to my game as silent files, and my Symphony Controller is definitely silent! So we're off to a good start.

Now to figure out which sound goes to which power.

I *Think* ...

exhausting song = Hymn of Dissonance

fascinating song = Melodic Binding AND Aria of Stasis

painful song = Dreadful Discord

seductive song = Impassioned Serenade

sorrowful song = Confounding Chant

still testing...

Edited by SuperBear

1 hour ago, SuperBear said:

Well so far I've added all the sounds beginning with TOV to my game as silent files, and my Symphony Controller is definitely silent! So we're off to a good start.

Now to figure out which sound goes to which power.

I *Think* ...

exhausting song = Hymn of Dissonance

fascinating song = Melodic Binding AND Aria of Stasis

painful song = Dreadful Discord

seductive song = Impassioned Serenade

sorrowful song = Confounding Chant

still testing...

When I test, I find it easier to use a 'bloop' test sound, it's particular handy if a power uses more than one sound.

TOV_Siren_ExhaustingSong_Attack + tov_siren_exhaustingsong_male_attack  = Hymn of Dissonance

TOV_Siren_FascinatingSong_Attack + tov_siren_fascinatingsong_male_attack = Melodic Binding AND Aria of Stasis

TOV_Siren_PainfulSong_Attack + tov_siren_painfulsong_male_attack = Dreadful Discord 

TOV_Siren_SeductiveSong_Attack + tov_siren_seductivesong_male_attack = Impassioned Serenade

TOV_Siren_SorrowfulSong_Attack + tov_siren_sorrowfulsong_male_attack = Confounding Chant

I didn't select the other two powers in the set, so not sure which is which on those.

44 minutes ago, SuperBear said:

I didn't select the other two powers in the set, so not sure which is which on those.

You could copy the character to Brainstorm, do a quick respec, and choose those other two powers to test them. Nice work tracking down the others, though!

• Thumbs Up 1