Please reduce trigger distance for NPC/Hostage/Ally/Rescue/Objects to Melee distance

voltaicsylph

In my latest AE, I tried to tell a story.  There were Ally, Hostage,  and Defendable Objects along  a path through a medium warehouse, some Front, some Middle, and some Back. Upon entering the warehouse, every dialogue from every item was triggered and spoken at once. Even the big finale Ally  in the Back that would be the end of  the fight said his lines! 

Please reduce the distance that triggers dialogue! I suggest Melee or Close Cone distance so  you actually have to get close to a object or toon to trigger it.

Even if you could fix it so only the three Zones (front,middle,back) would trigger, that would be  a big help!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

It's long-standing, I think from live, and has been said to be difficult to fix.

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

Yeah, this popped up during Live and far as I know, no one's ever tried to really address it.  It's pretty well killed my urge to try and write anything for the AE, sad to say.  I mean, that's not an earth-shaking loss or anything, but still.  It broke some arcs I had up, limits what I can write in the future, and I don't see any point in republishing more of my Live arcs until it's fixed.  If it ever will be.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I have wanted this forever. I enter a map and at the back a bubble appears and disappears in the first 15 seconds of the mission killing the story telling, 

I wish I could even pick the locations of items from the available list on map, but that’s another thread.

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

• 3 months later