Post MM upgrades...slotting for Necromancy/Nature Affinity?

BazookaTwo

Looking for advice, I'm playing a Necromancy/Nature Affinity MM, so far she's super fun.

I took Sorcery Pool for Mystic Flight/Arcane Bolt/Enflame/Rune of Protection, but wow, the build looks really tight already.

I don't see any Necro powers I'd skip besides Dark Blast (why I took Arcane instead... more damage, and mitigation/slotting options). Corrossive, Gloom, Arcane, and Life Drain make pretty good ST chains. 

Nature seems like I want to take everything except Rebirth, so I feel like slotting is very crucial in this build.

At 23, I hit the toggles to start the fight, then send in the dead, while I juggle my ST focus on whatever seems the biggest threat. 

I have Lich, about to get Soul Extraction. I know Entangling Aura is ridiculous and have my plan to slot there.

I am trying to stack holds off of Lich, Entangling, and I also put a hold proc in Gloom for extra mitigation, for now. Resistance seems easier to hit on this than +Def, but I think the secret to Nature is Absorb/HP/Regen, and I'd like to capitalize on that too. 

I just want slotting advice, because I feel like every slot counts.

Who gets the Pet def/res procs ideally? What the heck do I slot into Lich, as he can hold lots of stuff? 

I see myself using nearly every healing proc, but I know some slotting affects only me, some affect pets, and I want to optimize what goes where with that stuff, too. All the -toHit procs look useful as well. I

Looks like loads of Res options in the first pet upgrade, Rune, & Overgrowth.

Debating Soul/Mace Epic. I have a Ninja's Time and know what Power Boost could do for all the regen/absorb, but Oppressive Gloom looks interesting too... 

What have I gotten into?

Edited by BazookaTwo

• BazookaTwo changed the title to Post MM upgrades...slotting for Necromancy/Nature Affinity?

You take the mm personal attacks to pop the new spectres which have a taunt aura and will tank for your pets. I'd take one of those over arcane bolt which is a power i think works best on controllers when their containment kicks in.

Turns out most of the health uniques can be slotted in the pet upgrades i wouldn't bother on a /nature, your all heals and buffs, overgrowths increased damage and end discount means they are a little irrelevant and you would probably benefit more from them than the pets but if you do decide to toss them in, panacea/numi/miracle/regen tissue would work (i think) but not the preventetive.

You get a ton of resists from wild growth so if you go mace you can use that or the t1 upgrade for res uniques and you'll end up with good def+good res.

Soul extraction is a main source of dps, pop that on a pet and it usually doubles the numbers (not always- i noticed if you have pets out of range or use it on the tier 1/2 pets it doesnt always pop 6 extra spirit pets) so you want recharge in there now instead of using it as we all used to, to mule pet uniques. And possibly some procs like overwhelming. Everyone is slotting it differently.

Pet slotting...i have tried so many different ways that now i just end up carrying a bunch of unslotters around with me and trying different stuff. You want acc/dmg mostly, the pet uniques, some dmg procs - especially in the t2, they do all your dps with soul extraction but slotting is so tight and you often end up skipping endurance or accuracy to fit it all in or giving up the recharge bonuses from mark of supremacy.

Lich is basically a controller his damage isn't much, grave knights take care for that for you. Old Lich looks like this, 2 pieces of command of the mm with a cloud senses, sovereign right, peroxi and endo:

Ignore the rest of the build its not respecced for page 5:

Screenshot (2).png

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BazookaTwo said:

I took Sorcery Pool for Mystic Flight/Arcane Bolt/Enflame/Rune of Protection, but wow, the build looks really tight already.

Sounds like you're trying to fit 10 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bag.  I advise dropping the Sorcery Pool all-together.  Mystic Flight is such a sloppy way to travel and you don't need RoP with proper slotting and set-bonuses.

I just want slotting advice, because I feel like every slot counts.

Who gets the Pet def/res procs ideally? What the heck do I slot into Lich, as he can hold lots of stuff?

So, it's been established that you should take the 3 Necro attacks.  You can slot the native slot with a +ACC at 53% enhancement of the power and be done with it.  Or, you can slot the attacks out with damage/defuff procs and try for set-bonuses.  My thinking is:  if you're going to bother clicking the attacks, why not do some damage/debuffing also?

I remember when slotting the Lich, I seriously considered enhancing the mezzes of the guy.  I came to the conclusion that his base time of the mezzes was good enough.

In the partial build below, I would take out Dark Watcher's Despair from Dark Blast.  This proc was placed for PvP.  Note that in Gloom, I didn't go with any damage procs.  I was chasing set-bonuses.

Bazooka don't know.mxd

• Confused 2

21 hours ago, BazookaTwo said:

Lich has Containment, no?

Its possible and i never noticed. You did remind me why i went sorcery on a nin/time though. Arcane bolt slots a force feedback+rech which bumps all sort of stuff. Really hard getting perma overgrowth on any AT without huge sacrifices and sorcery works really well on mm's, every power benefits them except rune/flight and thats always handy for you as a quick break free/bumped resistance. And who doesnt like flight. 

I build stuff for myself i'd never expect anyone to copy it and think its good, its why you will always find stuff like Lifegiving Spores and Entangling Aura in my nature builds. I play badly too, hopping right into the centre of the mobs and popping LG macro grabbing all the aggro with EA and just hitting the heal if i need it, drop Spore Cloud on something til the pets catch up, usually anything from 30-60 seconds, if you don't have group fly they move at a walking pace, if you take team teleport you get even more grief from team mates than running group fly. I don't mind dying or running up debt its all badges towards red accolades for me, turns out thats hard to do on a /nature no matter how badly you play it.

• Thanks 1

@bellona100,  Good advice or not, being a bully sucks. So by default I'll wait for others with more considerate advice. Not even bothering with what's probably a trash build. 

I'm happy to help out.  What I posted is tested and sound.  We both know that you will be slotting your Necro/ with what I posted above.

Good luck with the Nature Affinity side of the build.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Meknomancer said:

Its possible and i never noticed. You did remind me why i went sorcery on a nin/time though. Arcane bolt slots a force feedback+rech which bumps all sort of stuff. Really hard getting perma overgrowth on any AT without huge sacrifices and sorcery works really well on mm's, every power benefits them except rune/flight and thats always handy for you as a quick break free/bumped resistance. And who doesnt like flight. 

I build stuff for myself i'd never expect anyone to copy it and think its good, its why you will always find stuff like Lifegiving Spores and Entangling Aura in my nature builds. I play badly too, hopping right into the centre of the mobs and popping LG macro grabbing all the aggro with EA and just hitting the heal if i need it, drop Spore Cloud on something til the pets catch up, usually anything from 30-60 seconds, if you don't have group fly they move at a walking pace, if you take team teleport you get even more grief from team mates than running group fly. I don't mind dying or running up debt its all badges towards red accolades for me, turns out thats hard to do on a /nature no matter how badly you play it.

Exactly what I have slotted in Arcane bolt, matter of fact... the FF proc. And yeah... teleporting into a mob to drop LS and SC, and to hold the group with EA pays dividends. Running all that stuff, I only have a short combat window before the end runs down! I will fix that later. Right now at 32 an engagement looks like:

TP > EA/LGS/SC + Soul Extraction, then blasts and WG while I have ALL the things out. By the time SE expires, it'd better be mostly dead, cause so is my end. Flying away works wonders too as an 'oh shit' button.