2023 Homecoming Base Contest (Rules & Entries thread)

Easter Bunny

Character name: Souljah
Global: @ThePirateKing 
SG Name: The Seed ov Cain (Lore base name - Manus Celer Dei)
Shard: Everlasting
Passcode: SEED-21649
Item Count:

room.JPG.bd1491ecaa60766f6e2dedb1298ceea4.JPG

Category for Contest: RP base under 7K

NOTE: Make sure to /VISSCALE 10

------------------
The feared and revered, Manus Celer Dei. Home of the next chosen to continue the walk of Cain. Though the lorded Nephilim converged upon this land, it is apparent that they couldn't be more different from one another... The moral, the immoral... The ancient, the modern... and the righteous, ...the wicked.

Go along.. Have a look for yourself. But be warned of the peril ahead. If you look hard enough... the deeper it gets.. the darker...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Music to set the mood 

((Make sure to click on screenshots. for some reason they look discolored unless you click on one))

screenshot_230328-12-02-00.jpgimage.thumb.jpeg.eee6659625fb9b6188072c270fd84a53.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.2733b5f8b63faa6b05474b9d4a35854c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e0f7ebeff9316b6016078e90f5cc801b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d803c58da0a0608b3b078b9390b9f5b3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.75bd8dfda92a52262d460adb0598a1f0.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Admiral
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

• GM Impervium changed the title to 2023 Homecoming Base Contest (Rules & Entries thread)

⛩️  House of the Rising Sun  ⛩️

🌸 Character Name:
Feline-Fatale

🌸  Global Handle: @Autlawz
🌸 Base Name: House of the Rising Sun
🌸 Shard: Everlasting
🌸 Passcode: RISINGSUN-6848
🌸 Category: RP Base Under 7K

baea9290d0a718a2d0effe38557f43da.png

RisingSun.png

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Your character name: Scarlet Demon
• Your Global handle: @Silentstar
• Your base’s name: Vigils Plaza
• The shard it is located on:
 Excelsior
• The passcode for entering the base:  VIGILSPLAZA-15534
• The Base Category you are entering under: RP BASE UNDER 7K
• The item count of your base: 3872
• The character names or Global handles of any members that contributed to building the base:  nobody

This is the Warden's Vigil Base in a remote town just under 50 miles from Paragon city, where we operate out and remain vigilant!

(it has main areas to visit, theres a Grocery Store "Quickbuy", theres a Pub "Patchs Pub", theres a costume shop "Icon", A hospital "St Karama Hospital" and finally The main Building that is the headquarters of the Wardens Vigil which you cna go inside and explore, theres a few other areas but they do not have interiors)

• Thumbs Up 1

Character name: Jinglebell
Global: Crashmonkie
Base or SG Name: Sleigh Belles
Shard: Indomitable
Passcode: XMAS-7920
Item Count: 18,254

22374929_BellesPlot.jpg.b2f36fba1efc00d3803e3ce2208071c8.jpg
Category for Contest: Multipurpose Over 7K
Other Associated Contributors: My husband built this. He asked me not to submit it but I want to prove to him how special it is.
screenshot_230329-08-16-29.thumb.jpg.b96bf7495169690c146b55701183c4b6.jpg
screenshot_230329-08-17-22.thumb.jpg.ca76827b656ed8bfb1697a0827e3f45a.jpg
screenshot_230329-08-17-55.thumb.jpg.79b22da8000eed882cec03d131daf3ac.jpg
screenshot_230329-08-20-27.thumb.jpg.7f7e620398c6ff4a10cee4198395e7fa.jpg
screenshot_230329-08-20-56.thumb.jpg.3d6ea64c020dbf63219c7757a7aa6125.jpg

• Like 6

Character name: Dusk
Global: @Dusk
Base or VG Name: Vault Luxe
Passcode: VAULTLUXE-17647
Item Count: 19,748
Category for Contest: RP Over 20k
Builder: Ineligible for Contest Awards
Other Contributors: BBBadger
Additional Info / Must-See Areas of Note:

Vault Luxe is a high end nightclub designed in the flavor of an old speakeasy from the 1920s. This one of a kind design spoils guests with rich and lavish details immersed within an all original theme and setting.

81762786_VaultLuxeDetails.png.a12356cafee33f0672c5436ca7ee2530.png

screenshot_230331-08-48-14.jpg

screenshot_230331-08-52-50.jpg

screenshot_230331-08-53-06.jpg

screenshot_230331-08-53-37.jpg

screenshot_230331-08-55-28.jpg

Edited by Dusk
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Character name: El Furioso
Global: @El Furioso
Base or SG Name: Think Tanks
Passcode: TANKS-1414
Item Count: 1839
Category for Contest: Utility Center Under 7K
Other associated contributors: None
Additional Info / Must-See Areas of Note: Cross-faction SG base for the Tanks & Brutes of Repeat Offenders, a coalition of crazy COHers since 2005. Built for utility, but with (hopefully) some style and fun to explore. Don't miss the hydroponics lab, the secret submarine bay, and the Jeffries Tube passageway!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Community Rep

I do want to note that two bases have been submitted by their owners, both of which were built by (but not owned by) Easter Bunny (who feels chagrin that his attempts to convince at least one of the base owners not to enter was not successful).  A reminder, these bases are only eligible for the Community Choice award, and as CR and a judge, Easter Bunny will not receive any awards. The Community Choice award is decided on by the community, therefore, even as a judge (who will recuse himself from these projects anyway), Easter Bunny has no control over deciding this award. We set up the rules in the way we did so that base owners who are justifiably proud of their bases, can submit them even if the builder has another base in the competition, or is a judge, because of the many commissioned bases in this game. We feel it's fair that the owners and/or builders who aren't precluded from winning awards are able to win if their base is deserving.

-Dacy

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Character name: Sara Star
Global: @Bitters
Base or SG Name: Mutant Order
Passcode: Mutant-20974
Item Count: 18963
Category for Contest: Multipurpose over 7k
Other associated contributors; up to 4 more people (don't forget to credit the Builder if different from the Owner!): Sara Star is sole builder and owner
Additional Info / Must-See Areas of Note: The Mutant Order mountain compound was intended as a retreat where mutants could freely engage in a variety of intellectual and physical pursuits including astronomy, aviation, botany, ichthyology, swimming , or just pass the day away in one of the many relaxing locations. Set shadows to medium for better viewing.

screenshot_230401-09-05-23.jpg

Edited by NoblesGrove
  • Thumbs Up 1

Character name: Magmia
Global: @Interrabang
Base or SG Name: lava.
Passcode: LAVA-24772
Item Count: Currently, but will be a bit more before Easter:

image.png.45e2d3c0beea45c21d8ebb339668210d.png
Category for Contest: Utility Center Under 7K Items
Other associated contributors: none

- There are three ways to get to the top of the base, but most Utility items are near the base portal.

- There is a cool mine "train" you can ride through a section of the base 🙂

- You can swim around in the water area

- No, the lava won't kill you 🙂

- I haven't added any PVP or RP things, it is solely a Utility Center at the moment (but bases are always a work in progress, right?)

image.thumb.png.b748ed4ac1e8f84d0f1ea1f8ca7088ec.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Character Name: Wiid Wiilow

Global: @Hertz

Base Name: New Perez Park

Shard: Everlasting

Passcode: NEWPEREZ-23883

Item Count: 3,459

Category for Contest: multi-purpose base under 7K items

Other Associated Contributors: @Mho and @Farad (These are also my accounts, but all 3 accounts worked on base because they are identical triplet plant girls. Should I win, I would hope that all 3 triplets get the badge, to maintain their identical presentation.)

Additional Info/Must-See Areas: This is a reclaimed corner of Perez Park with all of the enemies kicked out. At present, the park is set up for a cherry blossom festival due to take place at the end of April, complete with drinks stations and a place for a DJ.

• Near the entry portal is a large pipe with a teleporter leading down into an old Vahzilok sewer tunnel, which the SG has converted into item storage and teleportation.
  • Beneath the central fountain, accessed through a door at the base of the SW side is the cistern, contaminated with old magic by a century of the Circle of Thorns' presence.
  • In the NW corner, another sewer pipe leads down to an old Circle of Thorns aqueduct, where the Wild Willow sisters have built their living space (look up after you go through the portal). It is warded against COT Spectral Demons coming back in through the collapsed aqueduct, but there is a security station to monitor for any other intrusions into the park.
  • Thumbs Up 1

The original @Hertz, creator of the Stan and Lou audio series on YouTube. Player of City of Heroes for yonks.1

1A yonk is a very long time.

Character Name: Riviera Lambert

Global Name: Baudin

SG Name: Puget Suites

Passcode: PUGET-27061

Base Category: RP Base Under 7K Items

Item Count: 1697

image.png.5ff1286ac920efcc1434c172fcd7c983.png

Builder: Baudin (Myself)

Additional Info: This base is designed with ambient sound in mind, so I recommend enabling music for it! (It has some additional hidden features to compensate if music is disabled, but I think it is best experienced with music on).

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello,

Here is one of my bases: 

Character Name: Miss Boo
Global: @Sunfire Heaven
Base or SG Name: HAUNTED HOUSE
Shard: Excelsior
Passcode: HAUNTED-23530 
Item Count: 6310
Category for Contest: Multipurpose Base Under 7k Items (I thought it was over 7k but the data says 6310 items) 

Other associated contributors, (up to 4 more people): @Christina "decorated" the kitchen (I don't like to go in there) and she hung the bodies in the freezer!  (I may become a vegan now)
Additional Info / Must-See Areas of Note: The Haunted House is full of SECRET PASSAGES and HIDDEN ROOMS.
Here is a list:
To the left of the foyer (as you enter the house), in the sitting room, there is a secret passage leading to an occult library...can you find it?
There is a secret passage in the dining room... can you find it?  
Off the billiards room and seance room, there is a secret staircase... can you find it?
There is a secret staircase in the room with the walk in closet... 
On the left side of the house on the 2nd floor, there is a secret passage leading to stairs that go down to the vampire crypt...can you find it?
(Our resident vampire likes pinball)
One corner of the basement is haunted (hint: a secret room).
Can you find Dr. Frankenstein's tower? (Note: Dr. Frankenstein recycles!) 
There is a secret cult from Miskatonic University who are trying to summon the ancient gods from an underground chamber.
There is a book burning event in front of the church.
There are angry mobs outside of Dr. Frankenstein's tower... I wonder why they're angry? 

There is a wine cellar with a wine jaccuzi (or is it blood?)
Next to the wine cellar is the Edgar Allen Poe area... A Cask of Amontillado... poor Fornutando is trying to talk his way out of getting sealed in.
Off the basement there are werewolf cages.  I like to BBQ during the full moon (drives 'em nuts!).
Don't miss the Hall of Skulls below the basement.
There is also a Suicide Cliff area close to Dr. Frankenstein's tower. 
NOTE: The 3rd floor and attic are unfinished (I will expand/finish these areas by next Halloween) 
Make sure your SOUND is turned ON. 

Screenshot 2023-03-27 181637.png

Screenshot 2023-03-27 182827.png

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Character Name:  Shadostraza
Global:  @shadostraza
Base or SG Name:  Dragon Blades
Shard:  Excelsior
Passcode:  Dragons-23061
Item Count:  3213 (Total)
Category for Contest:  Multipurpose Base Under 7k Items
Additional Info:
Please set /Visscale 10
Portal Room - Where you first enter the base. This room provides most utilities.
Gate - Please visit first and enjoy the view after teleporting in.
Crater - Where the Costume Contest and Fashion Runway is. It is inspired by Nine Jewels' bases (@sunfire heaven).
Maze - Eventually leads to the treasury room. Please use /stuck if lost.
Throne - Usually for meetings. Two secret portals hidden here.

<Edit> Forgot to include a picture of item count...

base1.PNG

Edited by tsoper
Item Count Image
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Character name: Xeronyx
Global: @SupaFreak
Base Name : The Eternal Guardians (Zynavia)
Shard: Torchbearer
Passcode: SEPT-3012
Item Count: 6512
Category for Contest: Utility base under 7K

Additional Contributor: @Nymloir

Base Photos shown here on Page 5 (some minor upgrades since posting):

Edited by SupaFreak
Corrected Base Name / Corrected Item Count
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Character Name: Thystledown
Global: @Stormwrath1
Base or SG Name: Court of the Wyldfae
Pasascode: Wyldfae-2548
Item Count: 1484
Category for Contest: Multipurpose Base Under 7k Items
Other associated contributors: Bramblethorn, Mr. Jumpers
Additional info: additional rooms are accessed at the castle keep entrance, but are as yet unfinished.

image.png.abb18a1dc51c68f816b1c22eff437055.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Character name:Rickie Rackman
Global:@byron McGeggor
Base or SG Name:Working Class Heroes
Shard:Excelsior
Passcode:WCH-18807
Item Count: 2199
Category for Contest: Multipurpose Under 7K
Other associated contributors; up to 4 more people (don't forget to credit the Builder if different from the Owner!):This base was Designed and Built In October 2021. The builder is un known. I became owner of the group. I'd give credit if I KNEW the Original builder.
It

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Kaju Builder

@Fir Bolg Buildcrew

Rampage City

RAMPAGE-27317

RP Base over 7K items (10060 items)

A small island city off the coast of Paragon, constantly embroiled in the fights between giant monsters attacking the city, and mech pilots hoping to protect it.

(a scaled down city for giant RP scenes)

screenshot_230408-18-52-33.jpg

screenshot_230408-18-54-01.jpg

screenshot_230408-18-53-53.jpg

screenshot_230408-18-53-36.jpg

screenshot_230408-18-53-23.jpg

screenshot_230408-18-52-58.jpg

screenshot_230408-18-52-51_1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Character name: Ankh
Global: @ankh
Base or SG Name: The Divine
Passcode: Divine-1512
Item Count: 9268
Category for Contest: Multipurpose over 7k items
Other associated contributors; up to 4 more people (don't forget to credit the Builder if different from the Owner!): None
Additional Info / Must-See Areas of Note:  In the spoiler below is the story of this base.

Spoiler

It is dedicated to all the heroes in Paragon City who have given up their lives to save others. When the body of Statesman was found, a ceremony for his interment was being conducted in celebration of his life. Several thousand patrons attended the funeral, including notable heroes of the Freedom Phalanx. It was just after the eulogy of Positron, that a temporal distortion ripped the cathedral into a timeless realm. Luckily no one was injured, as time stood still here. No one could die, and even the small pond next to the cathedral never ran out of water despite pouring into the abyss. Another side effect of the time distortion was that no one could leave. It was difficult to tell time since the sun never set, they estimated 7 years had already passed by trapped in this realm. 

This is when the hero known as Ianna proposed using her ability to create portals. She had already created a few within the cathedral itself, but she could not control the time period, nor could she hold it open long enough for all of the citizens to use it. She realized that with enough energy perhaps she could. She begged with the heroes present to lend her their power to do this, knowing full well what would happen to her. They agreed not knowing of the consequence.

As the heroes began transferring power to Ianna, she began glowing brighter and brighter until she became a single point of pure energy. Ianna was able to create permanent one way portals to the correct time period 7 years ago. Everyone rejoiced, profusely thanking the heroes for creating an escape. As the last citizens went home to their loved ones, the heroes began to follow. Just as Positron was about to leave through the portal he realized that Ianna could not share the same fate. Someone had to stay behind to hold the door open, she had become a part of the cathedral itself. He vowed that Ianna would not be left alone.

Once on the other side Positron began making a stable portal able to reach the same point in time that the Cathedral was trapped. It was a success. After having explained the situation, the victims of this occurrence returned, and built a monument befitting of Ianna's sacrifice. To this day both heroes, and citizens return to give thanks

If you would like to see the process for building click the link below.

https://imgur.com/a/poO8fKx

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Character name: ORKBOSS
Global: @ORKBOSS
Base or SG Name: DA HORD
Passcode: X4GBD3H-13366
Item Count: 447
Category for Contest: Utility Center Under 7K Items
Other associated contributors: 

image.thumb.jpeg.2311a036f794470bcec593eb146c93c3.jpeg

"Boss... 'dis sewer base iz lame..."

image.thumb.jpeg.c43507e4059475c51fe54fcb8fcd74e6.jpeg

"...and deez pipes smell bad! I don't want to use 'em to go to town anymore!"

image.jpeg.a30c8383f6027c3a961bd42d8df7ec20.jpeg

"... hey Boss! I busted open a wall - look in there!"

image.jpeg.eacad998bdb3e614343b1c8af9ad41b5.jpeg

"HAR! HAR! 'Dis iz our base now! 'Dis will keep them out!"

image.jpeg.910f4847348a4e89e7f46e8d625da322.jpeg

"AAAAARRGH!!! ... Make 'dis stuff work!"

image.thumb.jpeg.1d9d7f022375a9cc64cbbab89624647d.jpeg

"HAR! HAR! You stay here and train us up!"

"...oh... and make all 'dis stuff work..."

Edited by ORKBOSS
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Character name: Baked Potato
Global: @Rad Beast
Base or SG Name: Beasts Potato Farm
Shard: Torchbearer
Passcode: POTATO-12542
Item Count: 3,457
Category for Contest: Multipurpose under 7k
Additional Info / Must-See Areas of Note: Wanted a super group for my potato themed toons; this is that super group. Gotta check out the inside of the farm house (door does work just have to click close to ground for teleport)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Character Name: Show-Deki

Global: Nicodemous Bain

SG name: Knights of Eternity

Passcode: KOE-15150

Item Count: 11583

Category: RP base over 7k

Additional Info: /visscale 5+, The entire base can be explored without needing fly, Several hidden area to find and explore

screenshot_230220-16-10-43.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Character name: Safe Room
Global: @Knight of Iron Star
Base or SG Name: Antech
Passcode: Marsbase-3909 
Item Count: 19987
Category for Contest: RP Base Over 7K Items
Additional Info / Must-See Areas of Note: Everything inside is detailed including a Housing Module with 24 2 level micro homes with 3 different themed hub areas for each floor including a 2 level penthouse with a secret room accessed via a Narnia style closet with an elevator to grant outside access. Meticulously made to mix realism & scifi to the point that it's actually scientifically accurate.

Mars Base Stats.PNG

Edited by RoboKnight
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Character name: Pewt N Loot
Global: @Dark-Shield
Base or SG Name: Sandcrawler
Shard: Torchbearer
Passcode: UTINNI-10433
Item Count: 1453
Category for Contest: Roleplay
Other associated contributors; up to 4 more people (don't forget to credit the Builder if different from the Owner!): @Jumping Spider
This is a Jawa themed SG consisting of Jawas, Droids, with the occasional stray Bounty Hunter or TuskenRaider. The sandcrawler is currently parked outside of the Lars family Farmstead, salvaging the ruins. A couple of the former occupants can be seen just outside the door to the residence.

When moving around the outside of the base, make a point to zoom in and look up.   

Edited by cefnbar
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1