Tankers and -ToHit

Troo

11 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Unless you're pvping that Acc in Taunt is unnecessary. It's autohit in pve.

You'd be better served with a Taunt Duration IO or a Range IO.

LOL, I have had taunt wrong all along, I wondered why it seems never to miss despite having accuracy in mids. I guess I might as well make it a proc, taunt duration or range. Thanks

• Like 1

<Witch> of Everlasting

<Mythical Creature> of Excelsior
Global Name: @Mythical Creature
"Monsters are real and they look like people." - Unknown

• 2 weeks later
On 2/2/2023 at 1:56 AM, twozerofoxtrot said:

Unless you're pvping that Acc in Taunt is unnecessary. It's autohit in pve.

You'd be better served with a Taunt Duration IO or a Range IO.

On 2/2/2023 at 11:30 AM, PLVRIZR said:

I *always* one-slot taunt with the Perfect Zinger psi-damage proc 😆

IIRC, the %damage/%effect procs do rely on a To-Hit check, in addition to the %proc check. I cannot recall if the lost-to-time poster of that tidbit qualified if it was slotted ToHit rolls from the power itself, or using global ToHit/Accuracy. If the latter, Enhacement set bonuses and other power toggles would mitigate the need for slotting Accuracy.

3 hours ago, tidge said:

IIRC, the %damage/%effect procs do rely on a To-Hit check, in addition to the %proc check. I cannot recall if the lost-to-time poster of that tidbit qualified if it was slotted ToHit rolls from the power itself, or using global ToHit/Accuracy. If the latter, Enhacement set bonuses and other power toggles would mitigate the need for slotting Accuracy.

Between the hit check and the low proc chance, it doesn't seem worth it.  But it's free damage, I suppose.  I like having Taunt available whenever I need it, so I fill the default slot with a +5 common recharge usually.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 9 months later
On 1/29/2023 at 4:29 AM, StriderIV said:

Hey, as a Kin Melee lover, I appreciate this 😂 my Kin/Ice Stalker is one of my faves. Might have to role a Kinetic Melee Tanker sometime that is a PURE team Tanker. In some HM content, I’m sure that 5-10% less damage is highly valued.

Just rolled a Shield/Kin tanker based on this idea! 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 1:20 PM, Troo said:

Stalkers don't get this power so here I am..

image.png.74ccd459334a3d034338972ca53947d5.png

It's a 25' aggro magnet

It neuters incoming damage by 30%

25%+ -ToHit seems glorious.

What am I missing? Why isn't this more of a cornerstone? (I'm totally building around this one power currently)

I looked at slamming this on my Dark Dark Tank, and took the opportunity to add Rune of Protection...because.

Any comments on the possible different performance features?

Tanker - Dark Dark RES Final order fixed.mxd Tanker - Dark Dark RES oddball Dark Night.mbd

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

I looked at slamming this on my Dark Dark Tank, and took the opportunity to add Rune of Protection...because.

Any comments on the possible different performance features?

can't read your new newfangled mids files but as long as you are able to manage the endurance it's likely amazeballs to the max.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, Troo said:

can't read your new newfangled mids files but as long as you are able to manage the endurance it's likely amazeballs to the max.

I hate the mids of last couple years.   How did they screw it so hard?   Yeah, I havent the changed version.  End was a concern but not a huge concern.  I did lose the physical epic group but i was running accuracy toggle on it.  I’ m guessing end us slightly worse. But i was having zero issues.  Have to test it out

• Thumbs Up 1

I had little issue loading the files into the new version of Mids. 

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I'm a big fan of darkest night on a tank. I just built an ice/spines over the last week or so that has it to mainly stack the -damage with chilling embrace, but the tohitdebuff is nice too given that it also helps your teammates. Another benefit of darkest night is that it causes some decent agro though.

I usually give it a lvl 53 Enzyme or two of if I have the spare slot. I don't run the power continuously but it's nice to have on especially if you over agro at the start of a fight.

p.s. speaking of which that Ice Spines turned out to be an absolute beast. I didn't even plan for it but was softcapping s/l/e/n from yin (almost from poai 2) and up, so it made exemplaring for the low level TFs a breeze. Otherwise at high end I've had him taunting mitos with capped HP and running +4/8 DA missions. I'm glad I rolled it as a Tank.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 3:57 AM, BazookaTwo said:

Just rolled a Shield/Kin tanker based on this idea! 

It’s a fun combo! Run with an energy shield and you have a full theme going =P between Shield Charge, Burst and Repulsing Torrent, you really can keep mobs on their butts.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 1:20 PM, Troo said:

Stalkers don't get this power so here I am..

image.png.74ccd459334a3d034338972ca53947d5.png

It's a 25' aggro magnet

It neuters incoming damage by 30%

25%+ -ToHit seems glorious.

What am I missing? Why isn't this more of a cornerstone? (I'm totally building around this one power currently)

Now I have slammed this onto my main, the Dark Dark Brute.  An easier fit than on the Tank (for me)  Will do some playtesting.  Seriously love the theme though, so unless it will not run at all then it is my new version.

Edited by Snarky