Electric Affinity : Amped

Outrider_01

Few quick questions, trying to figure out what Amp does to another character for the "Discharge" effect, just the damage not the +effects like Power Boost in other sets.

Can anyone confirm my observation

1. Adds a damage component like fiery embrace, not a damage proc. 

• Damage seemed to be inconsistent on a brute, which I would peg from Fury. Scrapper was consistent. 
  • For the Fiery embrace comment, if you had a dmg attack that did 3/5 Lethal/Cold it becomes 3/5/2 Lethal/Cold/Fire where all effects are boosted by +DMG to the point the attack can become 6/10/4 (an example its doubled), not like an IO proc that is consistent damage.  
  • Different attacks caused different amounts of damage, the low/high/superior/extreme from Paragon 🙄

2. It casts a jumpable pet that drains endurance, low chance to proc KB on the none targeted baddie next to it, and works like the Electric blast effect where the discharge effect is based on the amount of endurance drained but the damage is caused only to the primary target.  Tests were single target, no idea how an AoE would be effective.

3. Not trackable in the logs, under Damage Inflicted and Pet Damage Inflicted.  All I see is "Hit Baddied for X.X endurance drain"  

Trying to see if its worth going for more hasten on this corrupter to make it near perma, but it seems skippable since you can't slot anything and the bonus damage is miniscule at best.  Amped should of been an AoE buff for all team mates or at least proc some effect off the target to nearby allies and +20 HP with every attack (tiny but useful).

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

I am pretty sure there's no +DAM to Amp Up at all.   It's more like a half-strength Power Boost with some +ToHit and +Rech, and adds -End and +KD procs to powers directed at enemies by the affected player.  I normally target other support-types with it since they would benefit most from the buffs.

Here's the entry at CoD (thanks, @UberGuy)

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=corruptor_buff.shock_therapy.amp_up&at=corruptor

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 1/29/2023 at 8:55 AM, roleki said:

I am pretty sure there's no +DAM to Amp Up at all.   

No, I'm saying it adds a damage component. Not a +DMG, it would take that single lethal attack in katana and make it split damage. Which is modified by basic damage buffs.

Sting of the Waslp : 10 Lethal Dmg, total 10  dmg.

Under Amp: 10 Lethal 5 Energy, total 15 dmg

+400 damage buff, 40 Lethal, 20 Energy, 60 damage total.

At least I think so

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer