Burning sensations -- What's your favorite Fire/Fire combo?

ninja surprise

With all the options, every AT except the pathetic Mastermind has a Fire/Fire combo. What are your favorite Fire sets and ATs to use em?

• Fire Blast
  • Fire Manipulation
  • Fiery Melee
  • Fiery Aura
  • Fiery Assault
  • Fire Control
  • Thermal Radiation

My favorite is a toss-up between the Dominator and Blaster.  The Blaster gets 5 fantastic attacks with 3 AoE by level 10.

The Dominator is mostly control and single-target attacks because it doesn't get Rain of Fire or Fireball until 35 😞The big stun of Flashfire at lvl 12 is great in the Positron TFs though!

I love Fire Blast and Fiery Assault. It's fast with sweet sound effects. Can't get into Fiery Aura because the pulsing of Blazing Aura makes my eyes hurt, and that sadly eliminates the melee ATs.

I haven't tried Defenders, Corrupters, or Fire/Therm Controllers. 

What's your favorite?

• Like 2

I have a Fire/Fire stalker named Burning Sensations.

Other Fire/Fire have just been a Brute, Blaster, Sentinel, and the Corrupter.   And I do have a mastermind that is Demon/Thermal which is about how close you can get.

Blaster is my favorite, but I do prefer the /time secondary though my very first character Super Vixen was a fire/fire/fire blaster.

Edited by lemming
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, ninja surprise said:

Yep, that's what I did on my farmer, and can't see it in big spawns.

What's your favorite Fire/Fire toon?

I tend to pair Fire with other stuff.  Dark Melee Fire Armor Brute is just BRUTAL.  Fire Blast Temp Manipulation Blaster is just ornery.  If I had to go Fire Fire it would no doubt be Blaster.  I find Fire Fire to be lopsided, and it was designed that way.  Way too much of one thing and lacking....everything else.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tank.  (surprised? 😆)

Haven't remade him on HC, but I had a Fire/Fire/Pyre tank on Live that was just ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

I don't think I've ever gotten a fire/fire anything too far off the ground. I do have a fire/radiation corruptor and a fire/earth dominator, both of whom I enjoy quite a bit, and lately I've been having a ton of fun with a titan/fire brute. They all have themes that the fire works as part of (respectively that's a nuclear reactor, a volcano, and... another volcano, actually), but no literal fire/fire combinations.

Not personally being a fan of the "sometimes it's a sword made of fire, other times it's just fire" implementation of the melee sets probably plays a big part in that. Give me some alternate animations that are presented as just, like, punches with fiery fists or point-blank bursts of flame and I'd be much more inclined to use them.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

I don't have any Fire/Fire characters except a dom, and she's Triple Fire.

She's a deviation from the norm I think because I skipped hotfeet and basically play her like a hover blaster. Really fun, my second favorite dom.

8 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

Haven't remade him on HC, but I had a Fire/Fire/Pyre tank on Live that was just ridiculous. 

No time like the present! I've got a Stone/Fire Tanker project I'm slowly working on that might be the strongest mid-level tanker I've played. Combustion and FSC are total madness.

3 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

Do either of you play it? How do you like it?

Demons and Thermal are powerful sets in their own right.  Thermal helps with Resists which synergizes with Demons being more resist focused vs other pets.

Demons were the top tier pets alongside Thugs before the recent Mm pet buffs happened.  Now that gap got bridged quite nicely.

Leveling a Fire/Fire tank now (currently 44) following the Page 5 buffs to both sets. The AoE damage is just staggering.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

9 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

No time like the present!

You're right.  Just got my Rad/Axe Tank (Lemme Axe You Somethin) to 50, so off to remake Powder Keg (will probably wind up PWDRKEG, anyway 😆)

Edited by PLVRIZR
missed a parenthesis
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

7 minutes ago, Uun said:

Leveling a Fire/Fire tank now (currently 44) following the Page 5 buffs to both sets. The AoE damage is just staggering.

I've been thinking about doing a fire/fire tank. Any pointers? Combustion any good now?

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

12 minutes ago, Xiddo said:

I've been thinking about doing a fire/fire tank. Any pointers? Combustion any good now?

If you take Temperature Protection (which now has slow resistance, +regen and mag 1 kb protection) you'll cap fire resistance without enhancements. It's a good mule of the +def uniques. Capping S/L resists requires some planning and there are a few ways to get there (if you take Tough you probably won't need the 6 piece ATO bonus). Consume now has a +hp mechanic, so it's useful to keep it up even if you don't need the endurance. I haven't settled on a final build yet and I'm still feeling out which holes need plugging more (slow, kb, psi, toxic, cold). They shortened the animation on Combustion, so it's clearly better than it was. I cycle Burn, Combustion and FSC and the minions just melt away. I also took Breath of Fire to deal with Rikti drones, venged Nemesis and others with high M/R defense. I played a Fire tank on live but this is my first on HC. I'm sure others with more experience can add more.

• Like 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

27 minutes ago, Uun said:

<snip>

I recently teamed with a fire/SS tank and was very impressed with how they played it. Clearly a lot of love and time went into their build. I know fire *can* be solid, just need to invest some time in it. Especially with the new buffs!

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

As Bale Fire has literally LALL the above id say yes to all of them

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

I love my Fire Blast/Fire Manipulation/Flame Mastery blaster. She managed to solo Marchand's "New Praetorians" arc in Brickstown at around level 35. I can say that having Bonfire from the Flame Mastery epic pool is the only reason I got past the part where you have to fight three (I think it was three) Kronos Titans.

(Having done it once, before I knew what I was getting into, I haven't yet had the nerve to try that arc again on other characters.)

• Like 1