Have the Reveal power show all glowies and mobs on a mission map

Garble

Sometimes the "Kill all" or "Find the" missions can be frustrating when you think you've been all over the map and still can't complete the mission.

As it is, the Reveal power can actually make this harder because a lot of people use the fog of war to track where they've been.

There's a mechanic added later to the game that made the mobs and glowies appear on the mission map if you're on long enough. But if you don't have a lot of time to play or you're just lazy, it can feel like it takes forever for this to happen.

Please consider making the Reveal power show all glowies and mobs on a mission map. Alternately, create a new power that does this (call it Clairvoyance or something).

But if you don't have a lot of time to play or you're just lazy, it can feel like it takes forever for this to happen.

I don't really have an opinion on the suggestion (not saying yes or no), but I love that you want this to help empower your laziness!  (Seriously, not saying your lazy, it just really made me laugh!)

:D

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Hmm.  Id love to see this functionality in the game somehow, either via Reveal (free to all, essentially!) or through an underused power deep in a pool. 

Because I remember the last DE Emanator on a Layer-Cake Cave.  It was behind a rock in a corner on the top level. 

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

I like the basic idea, but maybe make it a temp power that uses charges. Make the charges inexpensive so even newbies can afford it, but have a very limited number of max charges so even inf billionaires have to use it judiciously, if they want to avoid the inconvenience of constantly going back to the Pay2Win vendor to refill it.

Agreed.

Alternatively the conditions in which the enemies/glowies showing up on the map could be lowered so that less enemies/glowies are needed to trigger the reveal. I don't know what the values are currently but they seem steep enough that you have to be on your last mob-group or two to reveal the enemies and the last glowie of multiple to reveal the final glowie. Is it really cheating to know where the enemies are when you're 40-60% done with their group? I don't think so. Glowies I imagine might need to be a bit higher, maybe.

On a minor note: it would be nice if the 'map reveal radius' were a bit larger, like one or two fog squares wider (if you imagine how the fog gets revealed). It feels like you get to a dead end but you HAVE to reveal that spot so you don't get confused later but doing do requires you stand so close you might as well touch the wall. I know that revealing fog does not respect line of sight but you'd figure that if you can see the other side of the room you'd also be able to see it on the map too, the best that can be managed here is by just growing the radius just a bit more.

All I know is this would probably have saved me a half hour the other night when I had a rescue 3 civilians on an outdoor Carnie map in the city. I defeated everything and flew around that damn map for 30 minutes only to find 2 carnies and a person REALLY close to a fence/wall corner. I got very close to calling a GM to bug the mission.

CoHRadar still works...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cohradar/files/cohradar/0.3.1/CoHRadar%200.3.1.zip/download?use_mirror=master&amp=&r=&use_mirror=iweb

Extract (preserving the filestructure) and double click the "CoHRadar.jar" file.

In-Game setup:

CoHRadar uses demo files from City of Heroes.  The smaller these files are, the less time and memory the program will take.

Creating the Demofile:

Type "/demorecord demo" to start recording and "/demostop" to end.  You only need to record for a second or so.  I bind these to ctrl+z and ctrl+x for rapid firing.

Open CoHRader.  The first time you open the program, you will need to point it to the demo file you created.  Do this by clicking the "Load" button.  After selecting the file, its name will be saved as a preference for the program.  Click the "Parse" button to display the map on in the right panel.  To reload the file, click "Parse" again.  This is handy for rapid-fire scans.

Select an entry from the table to have it pointed out on the map

Color Key

GREEN - Current Player

CYAN - Teammates / other player characters

DARK BLUE - Doors/Elevators

YELLOW - Glowies / Translucent or Invisi-Glowie

RED - Hostages / Sacrifices

MAGENTA - Nictus-type Models (Voids, Cysts, etc)

GREY - Anything not listed above

It seems to be updated here, but, can't get the updated version to work, but the one above does.

https://bitbucket.org/saintnicster/radar/src/master/

Am I missing something? After a point the map starts to show you mobs and target glowies.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Only the VERY last, if there's only one left.

And it depends on the map...Some will never show you the final objective...sigh...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Somewhat support.  Make a similar power that does this and leave Reveal as is.  That way people who want to reveal the map but not all the objectives on it still have that option.

...plus I wonder if adding that feature to Reveal might cause issues when using it on non-mission maps.

Somewhat support.  Make a similar power that does this and leave Reveal as is.  That way people who want to reveal the map but not all the objectives on it still have that option.

...plus I wonder if adding that feature to Reveal might cause issues when using it on non-mission maps.

I can imagine it crashing the client on use in open zones.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)