Frame drops and keybinds

Bitteroceania

Hey guys,

I'm running the game on windows 10, and my spec should easily be able to handle the highest settings (RTX 2080, 16gb RAM, etc) but it drops down into single digits frequently, usually in public areas.  I've seen the post on a potential workaround which I'm intending to try (running in windows 7/8 compatability mode didnt seem to do anything but not sure I did that right - I changed the applications themselves in the file), but in the meantime does anyone know of any other suggestions?

Alternatively, I find I can run better settings when on maps, so was thinking of using a macro/keybind to automatically change the graphics settings from minimum to ultra and back again when I need to. Does anyone know it his is possible or how it could be done?

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Just in case you haven't covered it, I'd check the previous GPU specific threads (IE: search for RTX troubleshooting). More obvious response would be make sure your GPU specific drivers are up to date from the MFG's own website. I don't "think" you can make a GFX toggle, but I would maybe look at other factors like your network capacity (honestly shouldn't be an issue) in the off chance you're on low end DSL or a heavily shared connection.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)