Lvl 23 Ice/Ice Blaster daring to keep it rolling

Redzone08

So, I started an Ice/Ice sentinel.  In the original game I rolled an ice/ice blaster to 50, so when I found homecoming I thought I would try something a little different, but not too different.  I’ve hit 23 and I am clearly ‘blaster’ heavy, and I have unbelievable End issues.  I’m looking for /respect, and curious on thoughts on the build below.

A couple of things, I solo 90%, and yes I do read the clues.  I know. I know. I typically, lock up the Lt. with Chilling Ray, and recently Bitter Freeze Ray, followed by three single strikes .  I have to pull many times, and countless times am running away for my end to return after eating four blues.  The Freakshows just kicked my butt.  I stayed away from the rain, as most missions I’m fighting groups of three or four, and I wouldn’t have enough end if I herded to group together.  I will surely get Blizzard when available, but curious on next few powers one would recommend? Plus, even with AIM I’ve noticed a lot of missing lately.  Its not uncommon to fire three different blasts and all miss or just one hit, which really eats the End. 

So, if I respect what would you choose?

What would be the next couple of powers? 

Now that I’m inching towards 30’s what would be the first IO set you would recommend?

Thanks for all your help!

BUILD BELOW

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.4.6
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Crimson Hail: Level 49 Science Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Ice Blast
Secondary Power Set: Ice Armor
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Ice Bolt -- Dmg(A), Dmg(3), Dmg(3), Dmg(5)
Level 1: Frozen Armor -- DefBuff(A), DefBuff(5), DefBuff(7), DefBuff(7)
Level 2: Ice Blast -- Dmg(A), Range(13), Dmg(13), RechRdx(15)
Level 4: Fly -- Flight(A)
Level 6: Frost Breath -- Slow(A), Range(15)
Level 8: Chilling Ray -- Range(A), Sleep(17), EndRdx(17)
Level 10: Hoarfrost -- RechRdx(A), Heal(19)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(19)
Level 14: Frigid Shield -- Heal(A), Heal(21)
Level 16: Aim -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(21)
Level 18: Bitter Ice Blast -- Dmg(A), Dmg(23), Dmg(23)
Level 20: Wet Ice -- EndRdx(A)
Level 22: [Empty] 
Level 24: [Empty] 
Level 26: Bitter Freeze Ray -- RechRdx(A)
Level 28: [Empty] 
Level 30: [Empty] 
Level 32: [Empty] 
Level 35: [Empty] 
Level 38: [Empty] 
Level 41: [Empty] 
Level 44: [Empty] 
Level 47: [Empty] 
Level 49: [Empty] 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Opportunity 
Level 1: Sprint -- Run(A)
Level 2: Rest -- IntRdx(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run(A)
Level 1: Health -- Heal(A), Heal(9), Heal(9)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- EndMod(A), EndMod(11), EndMod(11)
Level 4: Afterburner 
------------

I hope the midsreborn export is right 🙂

You need Acc and End reduction in your attacks.  Accuracy should be your first priority.  Get rid of Range/Sleep/Slow.    Your toggles should have End Reduction as well.  I'd skip Hasten til later in the build and grab Hover and Flight as well, though that's personal preference.  A typical attack for me is Acc, Acc, Dmg, End Reduction, Dmg. Recharge (in that order) if using SOs/generic IOs.  

This was just a quick flyby, hopefully someone (or myself tomorrow) can be more specific for building with IO sets.

• Like 1

As stated before, your biggest challenge with endurance is coming from both the lack of endurance and accuracy. 

Attacking is the largest drain on your endurance bar. Missing frequently means you need to keep spamming more attacks in order to land a hit which in turn drains more endurance. 

In the early game while just leveling up naturally, you should prioritize accuracy because consistently landing attacks will shorten combat and thus reduce endurance spend. Once you have 1-2 accuracy (2 is ideal), go for a single endurance mod to help reduce how much you spend per attack. As you level up and have more slots, then you can start adding in more damage as you go. 

Also, when you are starting out and loading up on attacks you should have something available. Hasten isn't going to help a whole lot in an early game set up like this except for maybe single hard encounters like at the end of a story arc. Still, Hasten is going to force you to spend more endurance for only slight improvements. Hasten is a great power, but it has considerable cost to it before you finish a build with set bonuses, etc. to really maximize it. 

Going into level 30 I wouldn't really worry too much about IO sets. IO sets aren't going to help you as much as specific individual unique IOs. 

I highly recommend:
1) The Performance Shifter Chance for Endurance proc. Park that in a Stamina slot. Even if you just leave the other two slots as SO's a good bit of your endurance challenges will start to fade. 
2) Miracle and Numina Uniques with Endurance Recovery. Get both as you can afford them and put them into Health. These will change your life. 

Eventually, save up for the PvP health unique which has a chance to proc healing and endurance. That too will help you out. 

If you are doing a lot of Story Arcs, and the occasional Task Force you can stock up on Merits and use those to buy the recipes for the level 30 IOs above. That will save you some cash and set you up for the long-term. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Basic SO slotting for Attacks, because level 35 SOs are as good as level 50 SOs. Really.:

• slot 1 acc, 2 damage, 1 end in most powers
  • If it's a cone, add a range to open it up some
  • If it's got a hefty recharge and you want it more often, add a recharge. 
  • If it's end heavy, add an end reduction. 
  • If it has a special effect, like slows, kb, stun, debuff, try one of those. 

Secondary

1. 1 end reduction in any toggle, maybe two?

Travel powers

• Put some end reduction in your travel powers if you leave them on while fighting.

A note on reward merits. 

• Get vidiotmaps, so you can find all the explore badges, that nets you 5 reward merits in most zones
  • Get the ouro portal, and look up the "Who Will Die?" Arcs. The first 2 times you run each one you can get double merits - that's 40 merits for 6 fairly easy missions. You can run this weekly for 20 merits after that.
  • Trade your merits for enhancement converters or boosters at a merit rewards station. 

Specific enhancements...

for Accuracy: Kismet +toHit. 

for End:

performance shifter +end proc in stamina, along with an End. 

in Health, you can grab Recovery procs from Miracle, Numina's, and nearly everyone slots the Panacea +HP/+End proc. 

Since you're ice, Pacing of the Turtle for the recharge slow proc can go in lots of places. This will have a noticable effect especially in cones and AOEs.

Other than that, start looking at set bonuses and planning for more Robust things.

The Archetype sets have some handy bonuses, and you can slot the basic versions anytime, and catalyze them later. Look into the procs in particular and put them in a power with a long animation, or one that hits a lot of targets.