Using Hurl Boulder for the first time on my new Dominator, and it's so slow!

Savantir

Hurl Boulder is actually pretty fast. Contrast Hurl Boulder (1.5 s cast time, 12 s recharge) at level 10 versus Night Fall (2.0 s cast time, 14 s recharge) also at level 10 and Power Blast (1.67 s cast time, 10 s recharge) also at level 10.

All data pulled from City of Data.

Edit: What you are probably seeing is the animation time before effect. Hurl Boulder has an animation time before effect of 1.667 seconds. So the damage occurs after the animation is completed so the boulder can hit the target to do damage. As opposed to Power Blast which has an animation time before effect of 1.0 seconds. So it is doing damage slightly more than halfway through the animaion time of 1.667 seconds (as opposed to its cast time of 1.67 seconds). The animation time before effect makes sense for Hurl Boulder because it would be weird to ahve the target flop and take damage before the boulder even has a chance to hit. As opposed to direct energy attacks which sneak their damage in earlier to match when the animation should reach the target.

Edit again: However, Hurl Boulder also hits harder, so that offsets the delay. Or is supposed to at least.

Edited by Rudra

Dude. You’re lifting, you know, a bolder. Of course it’s slow.

• Thumbs Up 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

8 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

This post breaks my heart as Dom Hurl Boulder is literally the fastest example of this power in the game, compared to SS's Hurl and Stone's version of Hurl Boulder

I actually did not know it was the fastest. Interesting. Still seems slow to me.

Edit: I think part of me is a bit spoiled since my first dominator was Plant/Fiery, and Fiery Assault's damage is not only fast to cast but incredibly hard hitting. Perhaps I need to get out of that head space where I want every dominator secondary to be as good as Fiery. 

Edited by Savantir07
  • Like 1