Using power pools changed the game for me

DougGraves

On 2/9/2023 at 7:09 AM, tidge said:

One personal example that comes to mind is the Medicine pool. I grok why at low levels it feels like a game changer, but once players have multiple rows and columns for Inspirations, and remember that they can combine inspirations, this pool isn't nearly as much of a "game changer."

I look at it a bit differently - now my [insert character lacking a self-heal here] can devote those inspiration slots to more "fun" ones, instead of greens, and the reliability/ready availability of aid self means I don't have to ponder whether using an insp to top-off my HP would be a waste or not.  Of course, a lot depends upon the build in question, and whether they have enough defense or other resources available to use it mid-combat, (though you do tend to notice DoTs a lot more with this approach).

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, biostem said:

I look at it a bit differently - now my [insert character lacking a self-heal here] can devote those inspiration slots to more "fun" ones, instead of greens, and the reliability/ready availability of aid self means I don't have to ponder whether using an insp to top-off my HP would be a waste or not.  Of course, a lot depends upon the build in question, and whether they have enough defense or other resources available to use it mid-combat, (though you do tend to notice DoTs a lot more with this approach).

No disagreement from me on this approach. Health is IMO one of the trickiest to consider, as it is something trivial to self-monitor (by default) and also easy to monitor for teammates. Experienced players can probably tell if/when a teammate needs healing, but not always. Sometimes it isn't possible to tell when an AT with a "sack o' Health" really needs healing, or when that non-sack AT has got beaucoup resists/scaling and a high-frequency Unrelenting to be popped.

I never really mind the TLC, but I'd almost always prefer to have a teammate make it so that I don't need Orange/Purple/Pink inspirations. Wakies I can keep in email, so feel free to spam Howling Twilight on the spawns! If anyone needs team-friendly pool suggestions: one thing an inspiration can't do is teleport teammates across Independence Port.

• Thumbs Up 1