Armor designs

Rhumor

Does anyone design new armor for Homecoming?  Is it even possible?  Possibly through a mod?  Would love armor like you find in the Mass Effect games.

If something like this is already available I just haven't found it yet 🙂

47 minutes ago, Rhumor said:

Does anyone design new armor for Homecoming?  Is it even possible?  Possibly through a mod?  Would love armor like you find in the Mass Effect games.

There are tons of costume and aura options.  What, specifically, are you going for?  Many of the images I found are basically black/dark grey with red and white accents.  Are you talking about the biotics, (or w/e their "magic" ability is called in-universe)?

Edited by biostem

10 hours ago, Rhumor said:

You can already make these with a good techy bodysuit, some gauntlets/shoulders/chest detail, and the right colour scheme. Add the cyber-spine back item and the ascension belt for good measure and a nice energy glow.

For example, here is my alien! Her boots even have cyan blue jet thrusters when she uses a flight power.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by Aida LaCanthe

14 hours ago, biostem said:

There are tons of costume and aura options.  What, specifically, are you going for?  Many of the images I found are basically black/dark grey with red and white accents.  Are you talking about the biotics, (or w/e their "magic" ability is called in-universe)?

I was thinking of armor I would consider best suited for a Brute.  Nothing overly bulky like most of the armor sets are.  Something like this:

ME concept armor.jpg

R - Copy.jpeg

Edited by Rhumor
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Aida LaCanthe said:

You can already make these with a good techy bodysuit, some gauntlets/shoulders/chest detail, and the right colour scheme. Add the cyber-spine back item and the ascension belt for good measure and a nice energy glow.

For example, here is my alien! Her boots even have cyan blue jet thrusters when she uses a flight power.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Nice design there.  I recognize most of those pieces.  Not sure I've ever seen the boots.  Is that a chest detail piece on top of a "tight" chest?

9 hours ago, Rhumor said:

Nice design there.  I recognize most of those pieces.  Not sure I've ever seen the boots.  Is that a chest detail piece on top of a "tight" chest?

Thank you! And yes, the chest armour piece is a chest detail. I forget whether it was PPD or Imperial Defense or something else, but it's front-only, and I use the cyber-spine in the back!

The boots are Rocket Boots -- the costume piece animates with blue thruster jets when a flight power is active (flight, hover, mystic flight, etc)

I have a version of her that is a claws / energy aura scrapper, with the gundam plasma katar model, and another that is a beam rifle / energy aura sentinel.

Edited by Aida LaCanthe

14 hours ago, Aida LaCanthe said:

Thank you! And yes, the chest armour piece is a chest detail. I forget whether it was PPD or Imperial Defense or something else, but it's front-only, and I use the cyber-spine in the back!

The boots are Rocket Boots -- the costume piece animates with blue thruster jets when a flight power is active (flight, hover, mystic flight, etc)

I have a version of her that is a claws / energy aura scrapper, with the gundam plasma katar model, and another that is a beam rifle / energy aura sentinel.

I don't recall a cyber-spine back piece.  I'll have to check that out...those boots too 🙂

Using tights, the ones you would likely consider are Alpha, Stealth, Exoproto, Overguard, Bodysuit Padded, Armored Pads, Valkyrie, Vanguard, and maybe Circle of Thorns or Celestial.

Cyborg gloves and Clockwork boots go really well with those, but there are a lot of options,

Start there and see where it takes you.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

On 2/9/2023 at 9:00 AM, Rhumor said:

I don't recall a cyber-spine back piece.  I'll have to check that out...those boots too 🙂

Most people don't wear them because they have to be chosen instead of a cape. It's in the Backpacks section, and there are two versions -- one with a plate thing, and one without.

On 2/11/2023 at 12:53 PM, Aida LaCanthe said:

Most people don't wear them because they have to be chosen instead of a cape. It's in the Backpacks section, and there are two versions -- one with a plate thing, and one without.

Found them, thanks.