Move Jessica Megan Duncan Over Next to War Witch

Wravis

She's current;y standing all alone looking bored, waiting for people to ask her about the Holiday. Why not move her next to War Witch so they can chat when no one's talking to Jessica?

Also so she's not standing in a spot RPers like to use?

If it's a big, massive, horrible, time consuming drain on resources, could you consider a different spot for her next year?

• Like 1

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

1 hour ago, TheZag said:

I like to see more NPCs spread around an area,  not all crammed next to each other and a big empty spot elsewhere.

Were trying to RP here and you need to move isnt a reason i can get behind.

Do you RP?

Why can't you get behind moving an NPC somewhere more convenient for everyone? Those big empty spots aren't big empty spots for RPers. They're places we use.

Edited by Wravis

Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

I RP. And as an RP'er, my response is move somewhere else to do your RP until the event passes. It's only a couple weeks. Unless you RP a bully that tries to intimidate Ms. Liberty into moving out of her chosen lounging spot?

(Edit: First come, first served. And she is already there. Be considerate and grant her her brief time at the spot.)

Edit again: Besides, when you get down to it, she isn't there to converse. She is there looking for supers to do a task for her. Not catch up with a heroine she may or may not personally know.

Edit x3: Also, from an RP perspective, it doesn't make sense to move her to have a conversation with someone else. Do you routinely welcome others walking up to you and disturbing your conversation to pester you for information and a possible job? Or if you are supposed to be someplace recruiting for a specific task, does it help you to spend your time shooting the breeze with someone who has nothing to do with what you need done and won't do the task, only for potential workers to come up and divulge your task in front of that other person who may be opposed to what you are trying to do? Leave her be. She's fine where and as she is.

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

I RP. And as an RP'er, my response is move somewhere else to do your RP until the event passes. It's only a couple weeks. Unless you RP a bully that tries to intimidate Ms. Liberty into moving out of her chosen lounging spot?

(Edit: First come, first served. And she is already there. Be considerate and grant her her brief time at the spot.)

Edit again: Besides, when you get down to it, she isn't there to converse. She is there looking for supers to do a task for her. Not catch up with a heroine she may or may not personally know.

Edit x3: Also, from an RP perspective, it doesn't make sense to move her to have a conversation with someone else. Do you routinely welcome others walking up to you and disturbing your conversation to pester you for information and a possible job? Or if you are supposed to be someplace recruiting for a specific task, does it help you to spend your time shooting the breeze with someone who has nothing to do with what you need done and won't do the task, only for potential workers to come up and divulge your task in front of that other person who may be opposed to what you are trying to do? Leave her be. She's fine where and as she is.

... The "move her to chat with War Witch" part was just me being silly.

The actual request has nothing to do with her talking to War Witch.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

3 weeks isn't a brief time in that spot. That's nearly a month.

Edited by Wravis

That still leaves 49 weeks where she isn't there and you can use that spot freely. Think of it as when your favorite place to go with friends is rented out by a large group for a while, is under renovation, or is temporarily closed for holidays or other reasons. It's just a few weeks. And Pocket D has lots of available space to use in the interim. So it isn't even as bad as if your favorite place to go with friends is not available. You just don't get your favorite booth or spot for a little while.

Edit: Hells, you can even RP she is part of your group chatting it up, taking a break to guide potential supers into doing a favor for her.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Or think of it as a bus stop being filled with Holiday nonsense so no one can sit, and people saying "just wait for the bus on the other side of the road". There's no benches on that side of the road. There's no roof to protect from the elements. Sure you can get the bus, but you're inconveniencing everyone who uses that bus stop.

And then being unwilling to move the holiday decoration because "you can use the bus stop every other day during the year".

What do you gain by having her in that spot when there's a spot just on the other side of the room that works just as well but isn't used by people? What is the benefit of having her where she is as opposed to on the side with War Witch? Because there's a detriment to having her where she is.

Why are you advocating inconveniencing people when there's a solution that doesn't hurt anyone and helps some people? Of course there's other places. But this is a game. People play there. Now they can't. That makes the game less fun.

Edited by Wravis

1 minute ago, Wravis said:

Or think of it as a bus stop being filled with Holiday nonsense so no one can sit, and people saying "just wait for the bus on the other side of the road". There's no benches on that side of the road. There's no roof to protect from the elements. Sure you can get the bus, but you're inconveniencing everyone who uses that bus stop.

Yeah, I just went and looked at where she is and I'm not seeing anything to justify that level of angst and hyperbole.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

4 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Yeah, I just went and looked at where she is and I'm not seeing anything to justify that level of angst and hyperbole.

I was matching the level of hyperbole with Rudra's Table Reservation example.

How about this one?

They replace Imperious with Jessica. You can't do ITF for 3 weeks. But that's fine. Apex and Tin Mage are right over there. You can still fight enemies and beat bosses. You might not be doing it where you want to be, but you're still fighting enemies and defeating bosses. Deal with it for 3 weeks.

How about this one?

They replace Imperious with Jessica. You can't do ITF for 3 weeks. But that's fine. Apex and Tin Mage are right over there. You can still fight enemies and beat bosses. You might not be doing it where you want to be, but you're still fighting enemies and defeating bosses. Deal with it for 3 weeks.

That's...  not hyperbole.  That's utter nonsense.  Nothing is preventing you from roleplaying from three weeks.  Absolutely. Nothing.

If you absolutely must roleplay in that exact tiny fraction of Pocket D's vast floorspace and plethora of walls to lean on, that's on you and your headcanon.  That's not the Dev teams problem.

• Like 3

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

7 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

That's...  not hyperbole.  That's utter nonsense.  Nothing is preventing you from roleplaying from three weeks.  Absolutely. Nothing.

If you absolutely must roleplay in that exact tiny fraction of Pocket D's vast floorspace and plethora of walls to lean on, that's on you and your headcanon.  That's not the Dev teams problem.

Nothing is preventing you from doing TFs for those three weeks. Absolutely nothing.

If you absolutely must fight enemies in that exact tiny fraction of CoH's vast mission maps, that's on you and your headcanon. That's not the Dev team's problem

Edited by Wravis
  • Thumbs Down 2

29 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Rudra's whole "I'm miserable so everyone else must be miserable" schtick aside, this seems like a harmless idea.

Right, because my comment is all about making other players miserable. I mean, look at how much space there isn't available to use because of that one NPC. Darn her. It's just so impossible to RP in that little space she leaves players. What ever was I thinking? (I'm being sarcastic, by the way.)

Capture.JPG

8 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

@Doc_Scorpion is right, There is even room to RP at the area where she is. Lots of open space. However, @Wravis is complaining about that one little spot she is in. Not to mention all the other spaces in Pocket D that are available. Like the chalet. The zones Null can send you to. Studio 55 accessible right there in Pocket D. Nope. That one little space occupied by a single contact is the only space available for RP in Pocket D.

22 minutes ago, Wravis said:

I was matching the level of hyperbole with Rudra's Table Reservation example.

How about this one?

This is also a ridiculous comparison. Because an area the size of a single character is occupied, you can't RP?

Edited by Rudra
Edited to remove "k" from "ridiculous".

Just now, Rudra said:

@Doc_Scorpion is right, There is even room to RP at the area where she is. Lots of open space. However, @Wravis is complaining about that one little spot she is in. Not to mention all the other spaces in Pocket D that are available. Like the chalet. The zones Null can send you to. Studio 55 accessible right there in Pocket D. Nope. That one little space occupied by a single contact is the only space available for RP in Pocket D.

At least be less disingenuous when you're being wrong.

Player hitboxes are huge, and people are careless. People plow through RPers anywhere remotely near her. That whole wall is in the splash zone until you get to the dart boards. And if more than one person is there RPing (which is, it might surprise you, how RP happens), there's even less room.

Just now, Wravis said:

At least be less disingenuous when you're being wrong.

Player hitboxes are huge, and people are careless. People plow through RPers anywhere remotely near her. That whole wall is in the splash zone until you get to the dart boards. And if more than one person is there RPing (which is, it might surprise you, how RP happens), there's even less room.

Then use the available space. What is so magical about that one space where she is that you are completely unable to RP because she is there? And most people I see? Go around the RP groups. The ones that don't? I'm willing to bet are intentional.

Did I say anything about being unable to RP anywhere else?

Nope. I said this is a spot people like to play, and there's a better spot for the NPC that is less in the way.

I don't understand why moving her to a spot people don't use that is still very accessible is a bad idea.

5 minutes ago, Starforge said:

I doubt the wayback machine has posts about RP when she was placed there for the 2012 event but unless someone can link to posts here, was this even brought up in 2020, 2021 or 2022 here?

What does it matter if no one brought it up before? It doesn't make it any less true that people like to congregate there to RP.  Maybe she's been there the last 3 years. Does that mean it's impossible to improve the spot she's put in?

They moved War Witch for the same reason, and she was in her original spot in Pocket D for much longer than this event has been a thing.

• Like 1

Did I say anything about being unable to RP anywhere else?

Nope. I said this is a spot people like to play, and there's a better spot for the NPC that is less in the way.

I don't understand why moving her to a spot people don't use that is still very accessible is a bad idea.

47 minutes ago, Wravis said:

And then being unwilling to move the holiday decoration because "you can use the bus stop every other day during the year".

What do you gain by having her in that spot when there's a spot just on the other side of the room that works just as well but isn't used by people? What is the benefit of having her where she is as opposed to on the side with War Witch? Because there's a detriment to having her where she is.

Why are you advocating inconveniencing people when there's a solution that doesn't hurt anyone and helps some people? Of course there's other places. But this is a game. People play there. Now they can't. That makes the game less fun.

15 minutes ago, Wravis said:

Nothing is preventing you from doing TFs for those three weeks. Absolutely nothing.

If you absolutely must fight enemies in that exact tiny fraction of CoH's vast mission maps, that's on you and your headcanon. That's not the Dev team's problem

Sure looks like it to me.

8 minutes ago, Starforge said:

I doubt the wayback machine has posts about RP when she was placed there for the 2012 event but unless someone can link to posts here, was this even brought up in 2020, 2021 or 2022 here?

Yes, this was requested previously. It wasn't supported even by other RP'ers, so it died.

I'm not sure where you see me saying that.

People don't spend their whole lives waiting for buses at bus stops. People don't spend their entire time in CoH doing ITF.

But when they do those things, they want them to be available.

2 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Yes, this was requested previously. It wasn't supported even by other RP'ers, so it died.

It wasn't supported by you. You're not the entire RP community are you? Shadeknight supported it. Did you miss that? He's an RPer.

Edited by Wravis