Move Jessica Megan Duncan Over Next to War Witch

Wravis

1 minute ago, Wravis said:

It wasn't supported by you. You're not the entire RP community are you? Shadeknight supported it. Did you miss that?

I wasn't even part of the conversation back then. And the answer was in response to previous requests. Not current request. Keep trying. Maybe you'll eventually land a relevant statement.

3 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I wasn't even part of the conversation back then. And the answer was in response to previous requests. Not current request. Keep trying. Maybe you'll eventually land a relevant statement.

Do you have any proof it was requested back then? Show me the wayback machine? Because is sure looks like you're bullshitting. Keep trying, maybe eventually you'll land on a relevant statement.

The fact is, it's been requested now, and has support now.

Did you know things can change?

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

7 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Capture.JPG.7f6ab8afc6337f6b95bc16c44dd628d0.JPG

Looks like RP is available still.

I'm not sure you've ever played with more than just yourself, becausee if you did, or do, you'd know that crowds take up space, and in this game, only a few people would be enough to fill everything in your screenshot due to the size of hitboxes.

Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

Okay, my little jab and shitpost aside it is time to put on my sweatpants of seriousness:

Is this a hotly requested thing? No. Can roleplayers move elsewhere? Sure they can! Does either of those invalidate this suggestion? Nope!

It's literally putting a contact and a tailor/trainer right next to each other. It is a harmless change that doesn't do anything except weirdly piss off some people. Fighting for your life over a very small QOL change to give roleplayers *more* space is a weird move to make. There's no real good counter to this idea, but one is (of course) free to disagree with the idea of moving a contact over to the left just a smidge. Wravis isn't asking for JMD to be deleted, isn't asking for War Witch to be moved, or isn't killing your dog - so this hardcore fighting against the idea is a bit headscratching. Just say 'I disagree and here's why' and leave it at that.

It's that easy.

Edited by Shadeknight

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

1 minute ago, Wravis said:

I'm not sure you've ever played with more than just yourself, becausee if you did, or do, you'd know that crowds take up space, and in this game, only a few people would be enough to fill everything in your screenshot due to the size of hitboxes.

I have RP'ed with multiple people. And yes, we take up an annoying amount of space. However, I've been in groups of 8 players RP'ing that had absolutely no problem RP'ing in spaces like that, and that was with two smaller groups also RP'ing in the general area. Your argument is beyond inflated.

Look, as you say, I don't have control over any of this. My points are that you have access to that space for 49 weeks a year so a 3 week pause RP'ing at an alternate location is not bad, and that there is still space for even a full team to RP. Unless you want to fit that team right at that one spot where you spill over into the doorway so other players run into you.

Right now on this thread, it seems to be an even split. 2 against, 1 for, 1 at least okay with and quite possibly for, and 1 I can't determine from his/her post. Get more people to support the OP than oppose it? And maybe the devs will agree. That no more invalidates @Doc_Scorpion's or my points than it does your concern.

2 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

That isn't even remotely how it works.

It sure seems to work that way. Regardless, I've said my piece. I gave my reasons why I think this is a frivolous request. Note that I am not saying a bad request, just that I feel it is a pointless one. This has progressively been turning into a verbal feud with equally no point. As I said, I gave my response(s). If she gets moved, she gets moved. If she doesn't, she doesn't. It's up to the devs to determine what they do with their time.

through all this, the only thing i got is "Megan's inconveniencing me, move her so i can RP where she's standing" now as most can guess i don't RP, but even i'm adaptive to situations like this. "DJ Zero's got a special guest visiting, spot reserved till xx date folks, let's go elsewhere so DJ Zero can host"  but i guess some just don't want to do that either.

Edited by Injunuity
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wasn't she standing in the middle of the room though? (Edit: In a spot where the tables further limited the available space?) So they moved her to the wall?

Edit again: And the felines were moved (twice) because their numbers and arrangement take up a lot of space.

Edited by Rudra

That would also be why Liberty and Hawkes(?) are placed along the wall not near anyone else. So their single character models are out of the way of the players. A lot of effort was put into figuring out placement for these contacts specifically because of RP'ers. And they are placed where they are because those spots were deemed to be the least intrusive spots.

They are single characters wedged up against the wall to minimize their presence. And if I remember the discussion correctly, there was nowhere the contacts could be put where some group of RP'ers was unhappy because that was where they happened to do their RP. As opposed to War Witch whose placement combined with the tables in the room drastically cut down on available space and the felines whose group did the same.

And the best argument given was a false equivalency about an ITF not being available because of a different character whereas the space is still there, but happens to have a single character present.

So where can Liberty be placed where she isn't going to inconvenience any RP groups? Even after War Witch was moved to her current spot not in that room but down on the dance floor against the wall, players were complaining they RP'ed there. So where can Liberty be moved to where no one will complain?

Again, the devs will either decide this is worth their time or not. I would really like an answer as to where the various contacts, specifically Liberty in this case, can be placed where she doesn't inconveience someone though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, Rudra said:

And the best argument given was a false equivalency about an ITF not being available because of a different character whereas the space is still there, but happens to have a single character present

Turning the "I don't care about RPers because I don't RP, so don't make changes for the benefit of RPers" around into "I don't care about PVErs because I don't PVE so don't make changes for the benefit of PVErs" was meant to show how ridiculous it sounds. ITF isn't available but doing TFs is available in a different spot. RP in that spot isn't available but RP is still available in a different spot.

8 hours ago, Astralock said:

Counter proposal: Move War Witch to stand next to Jessica Megan Duncan. /s

See? Someone reasonable with a counter proposal! 😛

• Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, Wravis said:

Turning the "I don't care about RPers because I don't RP, so don't make changes for the benefit of RPers" around into "I don't care about PVErs because I don't PVE so don't make changes for the benefit of PVErs" was meant to show how ridiculous it sounds.

It's pretty obvious to anyone who stops and thinks for as little as a millisecond that "can't roleplay in that exact spot in the vastness of Pocket D" and "can't do the ITF at all" aren't even remotely the same thing.  So, the end result is it wasn't the argument you oppose that ended up looking ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 2

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

4 hours ago, Wravis said:

Turning the "I don't care about RPers because I don't RP, so don't make changes for the benefit of RPers" around into "I don't care about PVErs because I don't PVE so don't make changes for the benefit of PVErs" was meant to show how ridiculous it sounds.

What part of "I RP" did you not understand?

Someone find the old forums please! I really want to show @Wravis what I'm talking about.

When Liberty and Hawkes were added to Pocket D, there was a... passionate... discussion about her placement. The devs told the RP community they put an inordinate amount of work into placing her to impact as few RP'ers as they could. The community did not believe them. So the devs invited the community to see the work they did. Then the devs asked the RP community where should Liberty be placed. So the group directly affected gave a new place for her. And was immediately rebuffed by another group saying no, they used that space. The second group proposed a new place for her and was also immediately rebuffed for the same reason. This went on for at least a few weeks. Until finally the RP community told the devs she was fine where she was.

Later? Someone started a new thread requesting she be moved. And not a single RP'er supported the suggestion because they did not want her moved to where they RPed. They didn't oppose the suggestion, they just didn't support it.

I really, really, REALLY wish I could show you that discussion. I didn't even have a forum account, but since I RP'ed, I followed along and read it. Painfully. So please. Gather the RP community together and hash out where she should be moved to. FInd some place, any place where she can be found without having to find some hidden back room closet that doesn't inconvience anyone at all.

Edit: If you aren't willing to work with the community to find that new place? Then your request boils down to: She is inconveniencing me, move her to bother someone else.

Edit again: And for full disclosure? No, I admit I do not RP in Pocket D. The RP I routinely experienced there was toxic. (To the point of some asshat emoting violating my character. **** you, Catgirl Spayer. So I avoid Pocket D as much as possible.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Later? Someone started a new thread requesting she be moved. And not a single RP'er supported the suggestion because they did not want her moved to where they RPed. They didn't oppose the suggestion, they just didn't support it.

I really, really, REALLY wish I could show you that discussion. I didn't even have a forum account, but since I RP'ed, I followed along and read it. Painfully. So please. Gather the RP community together and hash out where she should be moved to. FInd some place, any place where she can be found without having to find some hidden back room closet that doesn't inconvience anyone at all.

Edit: If you aren't willing to work with the community to find that new place? Then you're request boils down to: She is inconveniencing me, move her to bother someone else.

Read the thread again. Several people have expressed their support now. Sorry if change scares you.

Tell me how moving her to the side next to War Witch would be inconvenient to anyone.

Why are you claiming I'm unwilling to find a better spot for her? I suggested she be moved and offered a possible location. You haven't given any reason having her on the side with War Witch is a bad idea. All you're doing is making claims about things that may or may not have happened in 2012.

28 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

It's pretty obvious to anyone who stops and thinks for as little as a millisecond that "can't roleplay in that exact spot in the vastness of Pocket D" and "can't do the ITF at all" aren't even remotely the same thing.  So, the end result is it wasn't the argument you oppose that ended up looking ridiculous.

🙂 You think my example is stupid and I think yours is. Sorry you aren't able to see the benefit of things that aren't specifically catered to your interests.

Edited by Wravis