Seeking a Dark/Electrical build

Fyrre

i recently made a electrical/electrical defender and i really like how the blast side felt but not so much the affinity part, ive wanted another build thats good for support and debuffing and dark seems like a good choice, any thoughts?

^^ Same as Seraph. I played a DM/Elec Def on live. I also have a DM/Elec at 50+ here and fully kitted out.

It is actually a very good combo. Luckily as defender it is easier to get high ranged def - shadow fall is a nice helper/frankenslotter. The trick is to get near perma levels of hasten to increase the recharge on key abilities in DM. Double stacked tar patch, howling twilight uptime, and fearsome stare with -tohit.

For Elec, you can get fairly good end drain and -recovery. Thunderous blast, short circuit, ball lightning. Take charge up. To leverage the drain you can pick something like Electric or Mu - power sink is a small aoe but does end drain and -rec, electric shackles does the same but single target. Also maybe Power for power build up or Soul for power boost.

Lastly you should try to aim for high recovery for yourself. Voltaic sentinel is a big end drain but he's actually pretty nice constantly pinging away, and can't die. Darkest night is another big end drain.

All in all it is totally possible to get near 45 ranged def, perma hasten, end drain, and even proc out a few abilities.