Suggestion for Croatoa.

captainstar

On 2/13/2023 at 10:52 PM, captainstar said:

A new GM, like a big ghost monster!

On 2/14/2023 at 12:05 AM, Greycat said:

Also who or what is it supposed to be, how is it at all tied to Croatoa and what's happening there?

On 2/14/2023 at 12:37 AM, El D said:

@Greycat has a point - including a pitch for a ghost GM would help give more to latch on for the suggestion.

Off the top of my head though, if it were to be implemented... Well, there are the Ghost mobs already in Croatoa that could easily connect to any spectral GM. ... A deceased super, corrupted or connected to the invading spirit world like the other Ghosts, forced to join the Eternal War.

I suggest the ghost of the angry school librarian. 

😱

On second thought, that may be TOO scary.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 3:59 PM, Arbegla said:

I'll second making Croatoa a co-op zone. Its outside of Paragon City, it has a morality aspect already (Red Caps vs basically everyone else) and its just a pretty zone to begin with.

Only issue with getting Geas of the Kind Ones as a villain and not having to worry about Demonic anymore (I think those are the same accolade powers.. I could be wrong..)

Geas afaik is its own thing.  Demonic is the redside equivalent of the Eye of Magus (Archmage).

4 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Geas afaik is its own thing.  Demonic is the redside equivalent of the Eye of Magus (Archmage).

The villain equivalent is Force of Nature, earned through getting all the badges for Mayhem Mission side quests.

While we're here, for more monstrous Croatoan content, may I suggest AE arc "The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870?  😉 

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

1 hour ago, Jiro Ito said:

The villain equivalent is Force of Nature, earned through getting all the badges for Mayhem Mission side quests.

While we're here, for more monstrous Croatoan content, may I suggest AE arc "The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870?  😉 

Ah! shows how much badge hunting i did blueside vs redside.  My main and several others have both Geas and Archmage.  I don't think any of my redsiders possessed either accolade (Force of Nature or Demonic).

• 3 weeks later

There is a fair amount of land in the north that was seemingly planned to be something and then minds were changed.  The current force field for the zone cuts through but there is a second force field farther out that follows the 'original' boundary of the zone.

Maybe make is so Red side can visit but can't team?  So a no-fighting zone but not co-op?  Vig and Rogue can team with anyone though.  I like the idea of adding more contacts.

So.. You're a hard working villain who wants some time off.  Great!  We have this nice little vacation get away, and ... oops, the Babylon in St. Martial is all booked up.  Hey, how about a nice time in Paris, France, we can get plane tickets and ... oh, interpol picked your name out.  Sorry that's a no-go.  Hmm, there IS this little resort in a rural town north of Paragon that's been advertising a lot, seems a bit run down, but the prices are good!  So what do you say to a nice relaxing vacation in the country side?

So you arrive in Croatoa, tuckered out and looking for a rest, hey what's the worst that could happen?

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

Maybe make is so Red side can visit but can't team?  So a no-fighting zone but not co-op?  Vig and Rogue can team with anyone though.  I like the idea of adding more contacts.

So.. You're a hard working villain who wants some time off.  Great!  We have this nice little vacation get away, and ... oops, the Babylon in St. Martial is all booked up.  Hey, how about a nice time in Paris, France, we can get plane tickets and ... oh, interpol picked your name out.  Sorry that's a no-go.  Hmm, there IS this little resort in a rural town north of Paragon that's been advertising a lot, seems a bit run down, but the prices are good!  So what do you say to a nice relaxing vacation in the country side?

So you arrive in Croatoa, tuckered out and looking for a rest, hey what's the worst that could happen?

What does this have to do with expanding the use of croatoa?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, biostem said:

I'm assuming allowing Red-siders to visit and do content in Croatoa is one way of "expanding" its use...

yea but they can already do that but they have to team up with a hero.

Speaking of redside I think that the mu and a new bread of witches need to be introduced as well as the circle of thorns, deadlier ghosts & corrupted fairies. 

• Thumbs Up 1